Replies

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    chelsy0587 wrote: »
    Is it better or worse if they are not the same size? I've always had a bigger moob on the left than on the right... for years as they have shrunk or grown, they do so together with the left moob always being more saggy and just more fat.

Well if they've never completely gone away it's probably gyno from a hormonal imbalance. Idk, depends how you like them? lol.

What would you consider a good body fat % to get down to decided if it times to prepare for surgery? I am prepared to get to single digit body fat %.

I've been told that 12% BF is healthy for men and 15% for women. Just information from a trainer though, he could have fudged the numbers. He told me himself he's been at 8% BF but couldn't maintain that comfortably.

Getting rid of my breast is a priority over stay at 12% when I get there and I will.

Just adding information that's all. If that's what you feel you want to do then go for it! More power to you!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Women seldom have perfectly even sized breasts. So I'm not surprised that men may be a little uneven too. That area will shrink as your body fat reduces. You might want to look into a compression style undershirt if you are concerned about appearance in the meantime. Work on those pecs to build muscle into the area as the fat goes down. :)

They actually have gotten bigger at times while losing weight. At this point they have shrunk, but ask me in a month and they might have gotten bigger again.

I think if they have got bigger then you can assume you lost muscle mass in your breast. You know what that means for you. Dedicate chest workout day.

flies and presses
    incline, decline, and flat
    dumbbells and barbells.
    Pushups lots of them.

BTW I love my chest day almost as much as I love my deadlift days.

No, because they also get smaller as I lose weight. So basically, if I lose weight for 5 months, my moobs might get smaller the first month or 2, then get larger the 3rd month, then get smaller again during the 5th month. That is while doing some exercises for chest and other exercises for other upper body muscles (back, shoulders, arms). There is no real pattern to moob size, though.

That is different. I have never notice my chest getting bigger during any of my weight loss attempts and now.
  • davidj2k
    davidj2k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has a fairly good explanation of the types of man boobs, my best guess is yours are Fat Chest and not Gyno
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQOJ-aqclFs
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    I think weight loss, cardio and some muscle training can help eliminate those. You may want to lose some of the weight first before going into strength training.

Uh...

You definitely want to weight train whilst losing weight; you wan't to preserve as much muscle as possible. Losing man boobs totally depends on whether its pubertal gyno or gyno from being overweight... read my original response to the thread for that.

• IsaackGMOON
    Options
    davidj2k wrote: »
    This has a fairly good explanation of the types of man boobs, my best guess is yours are Fat Chest and not Gyno

How can you guess when you haven't examined the OP lol
  • yopeeps025
    Options

After watching this I still cannot tell for sure what mine really are.

• IsaackGMOON
    Options

Press down and feel around your nipple. If you feel hard and bumpy stuff it could be pubertal gyno. It's definitely a wise idea to go see your doctor about this though.
  • yopeeps025
    edited July 2015
    Options

Press down and feel around your nipple. If you feel hard and bumpy stuff it could be pubertal gyno. It's definitely a wise idea to go see your doctor about this though.

I am 27 now. I have seeing doctor since I was younger than 18. They could not tell me anything I wanted to hear or the truth. All they said was try losing some weight. That didn't work for years and years.

I will try to go through my doctor again to finally see the truth because when I get down to my true weight goal and my chest are still there I will not be a happy person.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

I am 27 now. I have seeing doctor since I was younger than 18. They could not tell me anything I wanted to hear or the truth. All they said was try losing some weight. That didn't work for years and years.

Damn.. I guess it sort of depends on the doctor. Luckily I live in quite a small town so all the doctors aren't in a hurry and will follow things through.

Perhaps tell them you are extremely uncertain that it's gyno but have suspicions? I'm really not sure here :(
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Damn.. I guess it sort of depends on the doctor. Luckily I live in quite a small town so all the doctors aren't in a hurry and will follow things through.

Perhaps tell them you are extremely uncertain that it's gyno but have suspicions? I'm really not sure here :(

The reason I guess why they never suspect gyno was because I was always overweight since I can remember. That is so wild and I cannot believe it took me this long to figure out it.

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump for my man boob bros.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP, you are overweight. Your moobs could be either pubertal gynecomastia (caused by hormonal imbalances) or gynecomastia from being overweight.

One method to tell is go see your doctor, he'll inspect and feel for extra gland tissue underneath your nipple. Only way to remove pubertal gynecomastia is through surgery.

If it's not pubertal gynecomastia then just eat in a caloric deficit, your body fat will reduce over your body and your moobs will reduce or completely go at a certain weight. Lift heavy too.

To remove it 100%, yes, but coolsculpting moobs is SUPER cheap and often results in a dramatic improvement.

http://www.dermmedica.ca/gynecomastia-coolsculpting-treatments-kelowna/

I don't know how much it reduces glandular tissue, but most people with pubertal gyno have both glandular tissue and additional fat deposits.

ETA
    Never mind! THey only like it for pseudogyno because of the possibility of forming scarring. For true, they like lipo better.

Still, lipo's not as invasive as most surgery, so it's not too bad!
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to MFP and I was wondering what success any of yall have had with man boobs. I'm 6'1 280ish. What would be a healthy weight for me? And do you think the man boobs would go away? Sorry for the gross pictures.. Just would like an opinion.62vv5h2s9x9x.jpg
    0zet6qqu8z3e.jpg

that doesn't look like the usual weight related man boobs. you may have a condition known as gynecomastia. I would go see a medical doctor and have them look at it. Gynecomastic tissue doesn't go away on its own without some sort of treatment.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I know a young man that has spent his life self conscious about them. I talked with my doc about it and there is a scientific, medical name for the condition and it seems to be a heredity "thang". Some guys have it, and some don't. There's always a procedure to flatten your chest, but Lose the weight you want to lose first.
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comments that it is likely Gynecomastia. If you palpitate / pinch them do you feel glandular tissue or just fat? If you feel glandular tissue and you have had them for some time, they will not go away on their own. Loosing weight will drastically reduce them, often to the point that they are not noticeable with clothes on.

Building larger upper pecs can often help make them appear more as pecs than as breast tissue. There is a risk that there will be excess skin around the breast area when you have lost enough weight to loose them. This is really dependent on the elasticity of your skin and varries person to person.

Loose the weight first. If they do not reduce to a satisfactory level consult with a doctor to determine the best treatment option. If you complain of pain you can sometimes get surgical intervention covered under insurance.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    _reno_ wrote: »
    I agree with the comments that it is likely Gynecomastia. If you palpitate / pinch them do you feel glandular tissue or just fat? If you feel glandular tissue and you have had them for some time, they will not go away on their own. Loosing weight will drastically reduce them, often to the point that they are not noticeable with clothes on.

Building larger upper pecs can often help make them appear more as pecs than as breast tissue. There is a risk that there will be excess skin around the breast area when you have lost enough weight to loose them. This is really dependent on the elasticity of your skin and varries person to person.

Loose the weight first. If they do not reduce to a satisfactory level consult with a doctor to determine the best treatment option. If you complain of pain you can sometimes get surgical intervention covered under insurance.

Insurance is only really going to cover it if it's an actual medical problem, i.e. causing mental distress... most insurance companies try to brush it off as a cosmetic procedure.
  • Obeseinspector
    Obeseinspector Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the responses! Sorry I haven't got back on here, I didn't know I had so many responses. The doctors never say anything to me about it. I'm not sure why though. I still had them when I was in football and I was #1 In my class for bench/ incline press. Didn't help any back then.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    You've got probably ballpark 100lbs to lose, I'd work on that and then re-assess the situation. I'm guessing at the very least you will significantly reduce if not completely eliminate them.

Gotta agree here. Just keep losing weight and start lifting regularly to activate the underlying muscle. You will be surprised how it reshapes over time. Had two different friends go through this.

• IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    You've got probably ballpark 100lbs to lose, I'd work on that and then re-assess the situation. I'm guessing at the very least you will significantly reduce if not completely eliminate them.

Gotta agree here. Just keep losing weight and start lifting regularly to activate the underlying muscle. You will be surprised how it reshapes over time. Had two different friends go through this.

+1

OP as I said in my first post a while ago, you are overweight. It's hard to see whether it's pubertal gyno or gyno from being overweight unless you go to a doctor or just lose until you're at a relatively normal weight.

Go go go