Vacation rant

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Why can't you move your car for 3 days? Is it broken?
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »

seems more like OP is broken.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Well yeah. She's a lost cause. I was just hoping the car still worked so she wouldn't be stuck in the food desert of Boston for any longer than she had to be.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    they don't have eggs at this hotel …or whole wheat toast and yogurt???

Egg products. Wheat toast. 100 calorie yogurt with 12g of sugar and 4g of protein. Even the oatmeal is nasty.

What's wrong with eggs, toast and yogurt???

Egg 'product' and low protein yogurt. I love eggs but that was nasty and I typically don't waste calories on regular fruit yogurt. But maybe it will be enough if I'm not starving tomorrow.

how is 100 calorie yogurt a "waste of calories"?????
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Egg products. Wheat toast. 100 calorie yogurt with 12g of sugar and 4g of protein. Even the oatmeal is nasty.

What's wrong with eggs, toast and yogurt???

Egg 'product' and low protein yogurt. I love eggs but that was nasty and I typically don't waste calories on regular fruit yogurt. But maybe it will be enough if I'm not starving tomorrow.

how is 100 calorie yogurt a "waste of calories"?????

The sugar has toxinzzzz!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I recently stayed at a hotel in New Hampshire (Memorial weekend) and yeah, they have a continental breakfast.

Eggs, Sausage etc were kind of lame. But they also had Muffins, Cereal, Oatmeal, Yogurt and waffles (make your own obviously) Fruit, Bagels and Danishes. I'm guessing your hotel is pretty much the same.

Seriously, I just ate whatever. I'm pretty sure I ate a yogurt, danish and muffin for breakfast the one day and the other day I had a waffle and the eggs & sausage. It is what it is. Just log it and move on. I really wouldn't worry about macros on vacation and as for calories, relax a bit and just be mindful.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

Well yeah. She's a lost cause. I was just hoping the car still worked so she wouldn't be stuck in the food desert of Boston for any longer than she had to be.

uuuhhh Being a Bostonian I can tell you it is FAR from a food desert...... LOL.........

Can you tell OP that nicely? Maybe offer to pick up some seafood for her?
  • sjohnny
    Options

uuuhhh Being a Bostonian I can tell you it is FAR from a food desert...... LOL.........

I'm pretty sure you're lying. All they have in Boston is sugar laden yogurt and toxic French fries. I read it in the Internet.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I could go on vacation and make a breakfast from a Wawa... and I'm a vegetarian with celiac disease. Yogurt, fruit, cheese, hard boiled eggs, coffee. That's a convenience store. I bet I could even get a pack of nuts or sunflower seeds too.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter who is a picky eater, as well. She frequently doesn't like anything prepared for dinner, even the things she liked in the past. And by "the past" I mean the previous day. PB&J is our fallback food; the one thing she will eat consistently. Not the healthiest option but she will go hungry rather than eat something she doesn't like. Do you have a fallback food that you could request at restaurants, so you could go to a restaurant YOU like instead of one that isn't going to make her happy, regardless? Or, pack some of her foods in your bag for her, like granola bars, so she something to snack on?

Or, better yet, leave the kids with grandma on your next vacation. When we vacation, which are usually day vacations since we have a farm and can't leave the animals for long, we either plan a "kid" vacation that we aren't super excited about but the kids are (so no disappointment on our end since we went into it knowing what to expect), or we plan an "adult" vacation and leave the kids home.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Also being a Bostonian if she is in town I get why she cant move her car for three days if she is IN CITY she wont want to move her car, you ever drove through down town Boston on a work day? It is MADDENING! Not like New York, NY is grid style lay out, Boston is just a messy lay out with over a million people in the city durring working hours. Hard to manuveur, better to stay on foot, or take the T.

yea, forget driving around boston is you are not from town … I would say take the T or use Uber…also there is awesome seafood restaurants, italian places in the north end, steakhouses, etc, etc…but I guess OP does not want to waste calories on all that….
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

You pay for what you get, cheap hotel cheap food.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I have a daughter who is a picky eater, as well. She frequently doesn't like anything prepared for dinner, even the things she liked in the past. And by "the past" I mean the previous day. PB&J is our fallback food; the one thing she will eat consistently. Not the healthiest option but she will go hungry rather than eat something she doesn't like. Do you have a fallback food that you could request at restaurants, so you could go to a restaurant YOU like instead of one that isn't going to make her happy, regardless? Or, pack some of her foods in your bag for her, like granola bars, so she something to snack on?

Or, better yet, leave the kids with grandma on your next vacation. When we vacation, which are usually day vacations since we have a farm and can't leave the animals for long, we either plan a "kid" vacation that we aren't super excited about but the kids are (so no disappointment on our end since we went into it knowing what to expect), or we plan an "adult" vacation and leave the kids home.

something tells me OP's daughter is feeding off the pickiness/crabiness of OP…..
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Also being a Bostonian if she is in town I get why she cant move her car for three days if she is IN CITY she wont want to move her car, you ever drove through down town Boston on a work day? It is MADDENING! Not like New York, NY is grid style lay out, Boston is just a messy lay out with over a million people in the city durring working hours. Hard to manuveur, better to stay on foot, or take the T.

It just turns into a food desert when you have kids.

Without kids, it's totally fine.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Can you tell OP that nicely? Maybe offer to pick up some seafood for her?

OMG some of the BEST and FRESHEST seafood in the WORLD you will get from Boston....... she doesnt even know..... there are also HUGE farmers markets right on the college campuses there as well should be going on right around now last I knew..... I havnt lived there in quite some time :) Left there to raise my kids in the country!!!!

legal seafood is the spot right?
    sorry, I do not live in MA anymore but I believe that was a spot in boston that everyone always wanted to hit up for seafood….
This discussion has been closed.