How do I stop the grazing?

Options
My diary is open for you to have a wander but today I've been exceptionally hungry nothing satisfied me not even dinner I can say that the last thing I ate was a yogurt when inevitably filled me up that God but Wat can cause this ? It started off this morning I was so hungry I took rashers of bacon to work I skipped my fruit as had bacon. Maybe it was a one off but it looks like I might have to lower my rate to loss to a 1lb. I hate grazing like today does anybody have tips to stop it

Replies

• ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes there is medication for it called willpower. I dont know where it is sold.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Nice , I wasn't grazing for the fun of it it's been genuine hunger today. I just wanted people's opinions on maybe eating more different foods, Wat satisfys them etc not sarcasm
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You're a monkey, not a cow. BOOM not grazing.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    My diary is open for you to have a wander but today I've been exceptionally hungry nothing satisfied me not even dinner I can say that the last thing I ate was a yogurt when inevitably filled me up that God but Wat can cause this ? It started off this morning I was so hungry I took rashers of bacon to work I skipped my fruit as had bacon. Maybe it was a one off but it looks like I might have to lower my rate to loss to a 1lb. I hate grazing like today does anybody have tips to stop it

I know this kind of day. I get them from time-to-time. Sometimes, I think it's just one's hormones shifting. During these days, as long as they're not common, I'll occasionally allow myself another 200 or so calories.

I graze a lot as well. One thing I constantly have to do is put food out of arms reach. I've asked my boyfriend to put his chips and mixed nuts up on shelves that aren't in my eyeline. The extra effort I have to go to is enough to keep me from indulging, or at least it has to be a true craving or hunger instead of just the urge to put something in my mouth. I've checked your diary though, and it seems like there might be only a few of these items on your list today, so I'm not sure if "out of sight; out of mind" will help you.

BTW - lighter than light mayo? Is that any good? That seems like an awesome calorie count for something like that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Are you eating enough fat and protein?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but with a title like that you have expect sarcasm.

Eat foods that fill you up or trick your hunger pains by drinking water, tea, etc.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    don't have stuff to graze on
    prep your days food ahead of time so you don't grab something from a store
    graze but use foods high in protein and fiber so you feel full longer
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your meals look like, but if you're constantly unsatisfied, maybe you should try to have more protein in your meals. It usually does the trick for me, to keep me full for longer than 30 minutes...
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Yea it's not as tasty as real fat mayo but it does the job thank you I dint understand the shift today in my hunger my belly was actually growling a fee tomes today I tried to reach for low calorie things but it all adds up don't it lol
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Chew gum. I also have mints called "Forever Mints" (google it) that stay in your mouth for 3 hours, and during that time everything you try to eat tastes like mint. It's a good deterrent, plus your breath's fresh.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I think I hit my macros I was an avid slimming world member so all my meals are made from scratch no oil or fat I cook with frylight no processed foods my meals are in my recipes so my curry today was completely made from scratch as that's how my brain has been trained.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I'll defiantly try more protein thanks guys
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Are you eating enough fat and protein?

Fiber is also good for the full feeling.

• leahcollett1
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    Chew gum. I also have mints called "Forever Mints" (google it) that stay in your mouth for 3 hours, and during that time everything you try to eat tastes like mint. It's a good deterrent, plus your breath's fresh.

Ha! I actually never thought of this lol thanks
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yea it's not as tasty as real fat mayo but it does the job thank you I dint understand the shift today in my hunger my belly was actually growling a fee tomes today I tried to reach for low calorie things but it all adds up don't it lol

Some days are just hungry days....
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It really is as simple as " Don't Do That", right?

There is no magic.

Really.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    You're a monkey, not a cow. BOOM not grazing.

In which case it is called foraging. And yeah Monkeys get the munchies too.

Anyway. Could it possibly be coming up on your TOM? I know I get a severe case of the megamunchies right before mine. Sometimes I allow myself to eat a smaller deficit or eve at maintenance just to try to get through it. If you are having a specific craving, once you find the food that scratches the itch, it could also reveal a nutritional need that your body is trying to tell you about.

• diphon
    diphon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One thing that really helps me is to eat about 6 times a day which works out to about ever two and a half to three hours which is about how long it takes for your stomach to empty after you've eaten protein. Divide your goal calories and macros by six and try to get those amounts in each meal. Between meals, if I start to feel hunger (which is rare) I usually just drink water.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Any chance you could put together a grazing kit/bowl/whatever each day with the calories that don't go into your main meals? Make it a combination of sweet and salty snacks, weigh whatever you put into it, so you can grab bites here and there without going over calories. If grazing is your style, you don't have to break yourself of it if you can make it work.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water....and then drink some more. Believe it or not it does help.