How do I stop the grazing?

Options
124»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    While I agree that low fat is not a great approach...your actual macros don't show you being low on fat at all. There are even a couple of days recently where you are over. I'm also seeing quite a bit of processed foods, even though some of your meals are from scratch. Your water additive, very processed yogurts, snack bars and lots of candy--none of these are homemade. Not that this is inherently wrong, but it doesn't match the story you are telling yourself about how you eat.

Has it been hot where you are recently? If you are getting around 8 cups of water a day, that might not be enough in the heat.

Can I just ask you to point out the candy ?? As I don't eat that and this week I've been having very small square if chocolate at 9g each I had 1 biscuit a couple of mornings but I haven't had much

The snack bars are slimming world bars high in fibre so better than normal cereal bars

I can't find the ingredients and this is making me crazy. Maybe it's because I'm in the US. Would you please find a link to a page with ingredients and post it?

• SB4Hope
    SB4Hope Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have also found that eating more small meals during the day helps. I try to keep each meal at 200-250 calories. By the time I am hungry again, 2 hours have passed.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    While I agree that low fat is not a great approach...your actual macros don't show you being low on fat at all. There are even a couple of days recently where you are over. I'm also seeing quite a bit of processed foods, even though some of your meals are from scratch. Your water additive, very processed yogurts, snack bars and lots of candy--none of these are homemade. Not that this is inherently wrong, but it doesn't match the story you are telling yourself about how you eat.

Has it been hot where you are recently? If you are getting around 8 cups of water a day, that might not be enough in the heat.

Can I just ask you to point out the candy ?? As I don't eat that and this week I've been having very small square if chocolate at 9g each I had 1 biscuit a couple of mornings but I haven't had much

The snack bars are slimming world bars high in fibre so better than normal cereal bars

I can't find the ingredients and this is making me crazy. Maybe it's because I'm in the US. Would you please find a link to a page with ingredients and post it?

Yea it's defiantly a UK thing I'll try find it for you the artificial sugar post is really interesting too
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/slimming-world-luscious-lemon-hi-fi-bars-cereal-bar-12640201
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    My diary is open for you to have a wander but today I've been exceptionally hungry nothing satisfied me not even dinner I can say that the last thing I ate was a yogurt when inevitably filled me up that God but Wat can cause this ? It started off this morning I was so hungry I took rashers of bacon to work I skipped my fruit as had bacon. Maybe it was a one off but it looks like I might have to lower my rate to loss to a 1lb. I hate grazing like today does anybody have tips to stop it

If it was just an issue today, don't stress about it and start over tomorrow. Some days we're just hungrier than others. If it's an ongoing issue, then yes, listen to others and evaluate your food choices and amounts to ensure you're getting enough satiation.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I prepare meals or clean up after, I sometimes find myself grazing. To combat that, I chew gum at these times. It helps!
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Thanks everyone today hasn't been as bad actually ! I'm going to have eggs tomoz for breakfast see if that helps
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    I have had a few days like this, nothing seemed to fill me up. I kept myself busy and sucked down water left and right. It is hard but you can get through it.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had that same kind of day a couple of days ago and wanted to eat EVERYTHING!! LOL Seriously I couldn't eat enough food plus I craved sweets. To combat that craving I'm munching on fruit, greek yogurt and just bought beef jerky to keep at my desk at work (which is when the cravings are the worst).
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of warm water :) And grazing isn't something you really need to stop, just make healthy, low calorie choices. If you make smart choices you can snack all day and still hit your goal.
  • Mariposa333408
    Mariposa333408 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Graze on carrots, sliced apples, celery, and other fresh veggies. Sauté them, eat them raw, or with fat free dressing. You will love them more and more.
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Put obstacles in your way like; 'Okay, I'll grab a snack but first I need to drink 3 glasses of water'. The water will fill you up, hydrate you, rev you metabolism, and help you feel full which will help curb the snacking. Other obstacles would be you have to walk a mile on lunch first, etc. You can also sub the bacon for veggies like green peppers which will leave you feeling fuller longer and help with your fiber intake.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    ive just bought some quest protein bars to try, im hoping this will help keep the hunger at bay