What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Not a big deal to a lot of people...but my boss brought in donuts for an all morning meeting today. I counteracted and brought in fruit for the group. Only about half had a donut, and nearly everyone had a fruit. A few of us (myself included) only had the fruit. Not the easiest choice because hello pumpkin cream filled dunkin donuts...lol.

This is awesome, great job!! My husband says "but it was free!" and will nom on anything anyone brings into his office. Free=fat haha

• qwertymmii
    qwertymmii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Went to my employer provided fitness trainer. I came by my own choice so she said that she will have to make up a new kind of care plan because I am the first employee ever that wasn't sent by Employee Wellness Dept to decrease insurance premiums. (I get mine though my husband.) We have 5000+ employees. She says that she will have me doing a pull up before she is through with me. I can only do wall push ups now so I have set my sights higher. Did I mention that I have to get up an hour earlier just to do it and I am NOT a morning person? I am changing my future.
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I realized today that when I take my dogs for a walk now, it's nearly four times the distance. I also do it about five times more often. Before, I used to take them maybe once every other week and alternate with the dog park. Now, we go on walks almost daily and I walk them separately so the tiny distance is now doubled because I walk further and doubled AGAIN because I take one dog then take the other. This is also AFTER my regular exercise for the day, usually a two mile run :)
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I only just started my journey in late May (signed up here in June) and my pants are a bit loose. I mean, I can't tell when I'm sitting but just now when I got up to fill my water pitcher I had to pull up my pants. That surprised me because I was weighed and measured at the place where I do circuit training (fitness club? studio? no clue) and weighed more than I thought I would and lost no cm. Maybe that was also because I was on my period at that time. I always get bloaty when I have my period. Unlike the trainer there I talked to who claimed she always loses 2 kg when she's on her period ... ??? Anyway, she managed to give me my next appointment for this next month, roughly when I have my next period. Lol.

But whatever. Loose pants! <3
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OK, not sure if others have said it and I don't mean to be crude or vulgar....but...(and we all know where this is going)...your sex drive goes way up. I mean this is the best possible way as sex is the physical manifestation of love. Wife is happier too.

I can't stress enough that I don't mean to be crude, but I can't be the only one experiencing this.
  • tomnev1
    Options
    linzi02 wrote: »
    Went to buy some more gym clothes yesterday and asked the shop assistant to get me a medium and a large in the top I wanted. She looked at me and said "is it for you?" when I said yes she said I would only need a small. I didn't think it would fit but when I tried it on it was perfect :) Made my day!

I used to buy large/extra large. Last year I bought a medium fleece. It is now too big for me. I tried on a small which was a bit tight, but looked much better than the medium. Will shed another 2-3-kg then buy it.

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    OK, not sure if others have said it and I don't mean to be crude or vulgar....but...(and we all know where this is going)...your sex drive goes way up. I mean this is the best possible way as sex is the physical manifestation of love. Wife is happier too.

I can't stress enough that I don't mean to be crude, but I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Haha I wouldn't worry about it, much more crude things get posted on here.

And yes I have felt this too. Think it has to do with the metabolism revving up
  • tomnev1
    Options
    tomnev1 wrote: »

Haha I wouldn't worry about it, much more crude things get posted on here.

And yes I have felt this too. Think it has to do with the metabolism revving up

Lol....don't get me wrong, it's great. I'm married and my wife is quite sexy so it's all good.

An added bonus is that I tried to bring my daughter for a cycle or soccer game in the evenings so she is very tired and goes to sleep sooner...so no runnig into our room wanting to watch cartoons during our alone time.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can sit with my legs crossed again. Not for long, it still isn't super comfortable...but it is definitely an improvement over not being able to get them crossed at all!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I can feel the muscles in my thighs and I'm wearing a gym top that rolled up on me the other day and it hasn't moved. :heart:
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My most recent non scale victory is having people telling me that I am losing weight and my stomach is so flat every day, and that I need to stop lol. They keep telling me that, and I know for a fact that the scale has not budged for awhile. It means that my body is making progress and getting more lean, even when the scale is saying something else :).
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Fit into my "before I got fat" suit, went to a function and got the "Double take" from some coworkers :smile:
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I fit into a pair of pants I didn't fit in before, and I didn't have to strangle myself to get into them! I also noticed that not only have I lost at least an inch on everything (arms, waist, hips, etc) I also don't have as obvious back rolls. That was one of my big moments, when no matter what shirt I wore, I had what some people would call "back boobs" and they're slowly shrinking away!
  • handeye
    handeye Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i've noticed more males checking me out :)
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't see this thread and just made my own but i'll still share! :)

My most recent NSV! I bought this jacket last fall and was super bummed when I couldn't even zip it up. It tried it back on June 22(top 2 pics) and I could zip it!! But barely. It was quite snug and felt like busting at the seams. I tried it on this morning (bottom 3pics) and was shocked! I actually can move around in it without it being super tight on my belly. I haven't done my measurements lately because I didn't feel like I had changed much. Guess I was wrong! Just gives me more motivation to keep pushing! Day 46 and many more to go.

fq8grb5i8ulv.jpg
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    MrsGreco wrote: »
    Oh I didn't see this thread and just made my own but i'll still share! :)

My most recent NSV! I bought this jacket last fall and was super bummed when I couldn't even zip it up. It tried it back on June 22(top 2 pics) and I could zip it!! But barely. It was quite snug and felt like busting at the seams. I tried it on this morning (bottom 3pics) and was shocked! I actually can move around in it without it being super tight on my belly. I haven't done my measurements lately because I didn't feel like I had changed much. Guess I was wrong! Just gives me more motivation to keep pushing! Day 46 and many more to go.

You absolutely were wrong!! There is a big difference! Congratulations and keep up the great work! :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    cvstokke wrote: »
    I now fit in ALL of the pants and skirts I own (and had to donate a bunch that were too big). Still working on squeezing in a few old dresses, but I fit in almost all my old clothes, which is exciting!

I don't! LOL! Good on you!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    In March, I tried this skirt on in the Betty Page store in San Diego.
    It didn't even close to fit, and I cried in the dressing room. I bought it anyway because it was on clearance.

Today, it fits. Easily.

h8xs4mhiwzl9.jpg

This skirt is AMAZING. I would have bought it too!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Raced up the slide at the playground.
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Jogged 2 miles
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!