Off the wagon, need advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    As for the smoking.. I quit the cigs 4mths ago, and am now using a vapouriser.
    Yes it's still a habit that needs breaking eventually, but it's a hell of a lot better than smoking!

Well done for getting off the cigs.

I quit cold turkey on May 1 2014, and haven't looked back. My husband quit the same day, but he's on the e-cig.

I say, just quit and be done with it. I was so scared of how hard it would be, it was much easier than I expected!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I tried multiple times over the years to quit. Could never do more than a day or two, bloody hopeless!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I tried multiple times over the years to quit. Could never do more than a day or two, bloody hopeless!
    Nah, you're awesome, you can do it!
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Definitely try to give up the smoking regardless of what ops you might have but especially if you do have an op. Smoking leads to reduced blood flow and oxygen supply, neither of which you want for your already struggling joints or if you have surgery. Easy for me to say I guess since stress of it all is probably why you smoke....
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Sorry I havent been able to reply to this as I've been rather busy. All of your suggestions have been taken on board, and I will get back on the E-Cig shortly. I was on it for 6 months in 2014 and only started again from a very stressful period at work. ( weak to blame such things, but hey ho! )

I have set my goal to -1lb a week as -0.5lb was oddly enough the same? I've had a good couple of days in a row and feel excellent. Also smaller dinner portions are being reintroduced. I used to eat BIGGER than man sized portions as previously I would fast all day for an absolutely huge dinner. Sounds odd but that's how I liked it. But since then I've kept the massive dinners and added in a load of other junk too!

I've bought scales and I've put on 21lbs since my lowest weight. Not quite the 2 stone I thought so thats positive! I will get there, and with the scales in that bathroom I won't be ignoring it any longer.

Thank you everyone, very much.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Gee_24 wrote: »
    I have set my goal to -1lb a week as -0.5lb was oddly enough the same?

I've bought scales and I've put on 21lbs since my lowest weight.

That's because MFP will never put your calories below 1,200—no matter how agressively you set your deficit.

Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight, and be patient.