• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Butter.

lolwut?? Why butter specifically?
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I must avoid French bread at all costs, I dearly love a really robust olive oil with grated parmesan cheese salt and pepper and some delicious French bread to dip in it!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Foods with added sugar or wheat...ice cream, cookies, pasta, bread, etc. Both always cause massive cravings to eat more.

It's easy to do because I can eat anything else (including some foods I really love like nuts and cheese and natural peanut butter) with no problem controlling portions.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I avoid food that I don't like and food that has been in the refrigerator so long that it looks funny or smells bad. Other than that, it's all good. I do limit food that doesn't seem worth it in terms of satisfaction for the number of calories. For me, that includes grocery store pastry and most fast food. If I'm eating cheesecake, I want great cheesecake. And a delicious juicy gourmet hamburger, please; not one of those quick cardboard things. I'm a fan of Habit myself.
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Soda, fast food places, and oreos. If I eat one oreo I usually eat all the oreos. Potato chips are the same way. Any dessert that isnt satisfying after one small portion. Otherwise ill binge.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This thread is begging for pictures.

Poutine.
    poutine-canada.jpg

This.
    chocolate-banana-caramel-cake05.jpg

It is free of free sugars, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. And a massive calorie hit that I simply cannot afford.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Tastes like dirt and shattered dreams.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Fish and eggs - because they disgust me. :smile:
  • corriebenedict
    corriebenedict Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Tastes like dirt and shattered dreams.

LOL, my favorite one! I'm not a cauliflower fan either but I do mix in mashed steamed cauliflower into my mashed potatoes and no one has called me out on it yet!!
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have to never eat a certain food again unless you know for a fact that it's medically pertinent.

Like other people have said, you just have to cut the amount you eat.
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Beer. Bread. Cheese. Chips. Diet soda.

All went right out the door.

I am now slowly allowing a touch of cheese and bread back in now that I have a much better understanding of how to fit them within calorie and macro budgets.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything I avoid unless I don't like it. But if we have snacks at work, I will avoid it. I just can't control how much I eat because of the variety of stuff I enjoy. I still buy ice cream, sodas, etc because I have kids. It doesn't bother me if I indulge or not. But when I see all those cheeseballs, dips, cakes, cookies in one room, well, too much of a temptation. Lol.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The only foods I have actively removed from my diet are sodas /sweetened beverages. I only drink water now, occasional coffee from starbucks (maybe once every two weeks) and adults beverages on weekends. But monday - friday, it's all water, all the time.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    avocado
    cottage cheese
    celery
    olives - both black and green
    aubergines
    celery dipped in cottage cheese.
    all above i avoid as dont like the taste
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    liahna wrote: »
    im just curious what foods everyone stays away from or rarely eats now that you are trying to lose weight.

For me the #1 thing I stay away from is Nutella + Pretzels.

Not a single one

You can eat absolutely everything so long as you have a generally nutritious diet, hit your macros and micros and stay within your calories across the week

No point in demonising any food .. just learn how to include them healthily in your diet

*inforlife*
    Why this assumption everyone is demonising food? Personally I don't stay away from many foods but a lot of people find some foods trigger foods and much more likely to make them binge or overeat. So staying away from those foods isn't demonising it's just knowing yourself and limitations.

I agree demonsing foods is not a good idea but the idea that because someone avoids foods they have demonised is a bit simplistic

just go read the sugar detox thread where everyone is saying sugar = poison …

the internet is alive with the "food is bad" or " you have to eat clean" mentality.

The point rabbit is trying to make is there is no reason to avoid any food, unless if won't fit into your daily allowance.

@ndj1979 - false!!! I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding foods that have mold on them, smell rancid, etc.... you get the idea..... :+1:
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    None. I've cut back on a lot of things, but I've not eliminated anything unless I develop an intolerance to it. And sometimes not even then. I'll put up with minor rash to enjoy fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes! XD

Seriously, don't worry about cutting foods out unless you have a medical reason for doing so. All you do is reinforce the 'bad food' image in your head, which makes you feel guilty when you try to treat yourself. Now, if there are foods you have trouble stopping eating once you start, you have to be careful, but it's still ok to go and get a single serving of them if you can to enjoy them.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've omitted any "diet" food I've used in the past (rice cakes, light ice cream, etc) and stick with real food plus extra veggies and fruit.

In regards to just over eating and ruining my day...roasted chickpeas. I eat wayyy too many and I have no control so that has been abolished from the grocery list.