Love handles

Options
2»

Replies

• joetaff193
    joetaff193 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all just been to gym been weighed and measured ect... I actually weigh 12.9 stone my body fat is 14% and my bmi is 24 is that any good ???
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    joetaff193 wrote: »
    Hi all just been to gym been weighed and measured ect... I actually weigh 12.9 stone my body fat is 14% and my bmi is 24 is that any good ???

Won't be accurate because it's the end of the day... you've ate and drank so your weight will be off; including your body fat percentage.

Wait till tomorrow morning and measure everything again.
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't gym everyday I have a rest day in between I understand what you mean thank you all so much

You should be eating your exercise calories.

On a typical day you eat 1800 calories and burn 500. 1800-500 = 1300.

1300 net is just above the minimum RDA calories for a female.

Eat your exercise calories back and read the stickies because it's evident you haven't.

Huh, I thought exercise was added to your BMR and daily activity to give you more calorie burn, not take away from your calorie intake.

IE: I have 2600 daily from bmr and daily activity, 500 from exercising would give me 3100, I only eat 1800 so I have a 1300 calorie surplus for the day.

wat.

BMR is pretty irrelevant.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I don't gym everyday I have a rest day in between I understand what you mean thank you all so much

Eat your exercise calories back and read the stickies because it's evident you haven't.

Huh, I thought exercise was added to your BMR and daily activity to give you more calorie burn, not take away from your calorie intake.

IE: I have 2600 daily from bmr and daily activity, 500 from exercising would give me 3100, I only eat 1800 so I have a 1300 calorie surplus for the day.

wat.

BMR is pretty irrelevant.

alrighty then

• taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ... and what are stickies

"Stickies" at the forum posts that moderators "stick" to the top of each forum so that they are readily found...

One of the better collections are here at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177910/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads ... this particular thread appears at the top of the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" forum as a "stickie"
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Net doesn't work like that. Do you think you magically net less if you set yourself to active and it's still equally meaningful????

I usually "net" less than 600 a day, often less than 500, because I have mine set to sedentary.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Minimum RDA is 1000 for a female on a low calorie diet. Minimum RDA is gross, not net. This "net" thing is something peculiar to MFP and means nothing outside of that context.
  • joetaff193
    joetaff193 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bit confusing ah well I feel great so sticking to it not eating my exercise calories unless I feel hungry
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Bit confusing ah well I feel great so sticking to it not eating my exercise calories unless I feel hungry

Lol bad idea

1500 calories is the RDA for men. That is a net amount.

Netting 1300 calories... potential muscle mass loss.. right? Sounds good to me.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

I always eat back the protein at least and make an attempt to eat back some carbs - very challenging to do this and maintain a deficit. Lean chicken breast is my go to for protein and greek yogurt helps as well.