What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    handeye wrote: »
    i've noticed more males checking me out :)

me too ;)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I got whistled at today while sweating my *kitten* off on a walk at work :wink:
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    for the first time since I can remember my trouser size starts with a 3. At one point (the pic on the right) I was a 54/56.

Also - completed week 2 of C25K - after the warm down gulped when I saw the next week was 3 minutes - so I turned on the stopwatch on my phone, covered it and started running. 4 mins later I looked at the phone. woo flipping hoo. get in there. ran for 4 minutes after completing a 30 minute session! 5k here i come (in about 8 weeks after repeating week 5 but who cares. 4 minutes)
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got a light scolding today by the folks who run the gym for leaving my weights on the bar the other day.
    1) I didn't actually do it, 2) I LOVE the idea that they thought I did it! A year ago, they would have never assumed it to be me! :) Big win!
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I was mowing the lawn on the rider this week I was shocked to see when I turned the wheel for corners the muscles in my forearms actually stood out quite a bit! I don't ever remember that happening before.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Huge NSV for me to fit into these size 29 (US 7/8) jeans :)
    157ph6mmknf4.jpg
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    HI GUYS! Take a peek at my profile pic! BECAUSE....today........THOSE are my OLD jeans. My regular jeans. My precious lucky brand jeans that I dumped in the closet a year ago because I couldn't bear the sight of them when I gained all the weight. The same pants I still couldn't zip up or button 2 weeks ago. The same jeans I have worn pretty much all of my adult life from 25 to 32ish. I will from this point forward be so happy with my progress each and every single day. Yes, I like the scale dropping. BUT GOSH I LOVE MY OLD CLOTHES (do people still wear bootcut jeans?!?!?! When it hits 100+ degrees? WHO CARES I WILL LOL) :p

Fitted, sure, but if I can bend in them and sit in them all is well in my world. In another 10 pounds they will fit like regular and perhaps not quite so *ahem* form fitting. But darn it all....HAPPY DANCE THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took 7 months and some change which used to seem like forever, but now seems not that long.

The taste of victory is sweet, my friends!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I am able to keep up with my hubs when walking, I have always been behind him when we walk, now I walk beside him.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My nsv is that thanks to my change in lifestyle my husband has also lost weight and fits back into his wedding suit. He's recovering from surgery so exercise is an issue for him, so all my hard work has been helping him too. :)
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUT GOSH I LOVE MY OLD CLOTHES (do people still wear bootcut jeans?!?!?! When it hits 100+ degrees? WHO CARES I WILL LOL) :p

1) Well done! :dizzy:
    2) Well I hope so - ALL my too small jeans are bootcut and I can't wait to get reacquainted with them!!!

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I always see the 50 lbs to loose advert. and thought I'd check it out. I then realized I actually have less than 50 lbs to loose!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    A couple of days ago, I did my longest run so far...I ran 12.7K without stopping! :bigsmile:
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Upcoming wedding next weekend and not stressing over having a dress that fits. Rather knowing there are many options in my closet to select from!! Yay!!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I got back from my lunchtime walk to find a chocolate bar on my desk (from a well-meaning colleague). Instead of eating it I put it in the work fridge, where it will stay until someone else gets the munchies.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A few non-scale victories for me recently :)

- I went on a run! I haven't been on a run outside in 3 years because I was embarrassed, and preferred the treadmill in my basement. I even did lunges and "quick jumps" on the curb without flushing from doing them in public!
    - One of my exercise tops (size 10 and previously very tight) was loose today during my morning workout.
    - I don't need coffee anymore! I'm getting an ok amount of sleep and my morning workout wakes me up! It's a good feeling to not be dependent on caffeine. I still have some later in the day when I have a long day, but morning coffee has been in my life for a looooong time.

So inspiring to read everyone's NSV :)
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yesterday....neighbor down the street stopping me to tell me how good I look and how much I have lost. But I always feel the need to say "but I have more to go...."
    ^ This! I know, for myself, that I do this all the time. Why can't we learn to take a compliment? ;-)
    My most recent NSV was being able to grab a pair or pants off the rack and just buy them without trying them on. A year ago, that would not have been even a possibility. I used to have to try on everything because I never could tell if it was going to fit or not, tops or bottoms. Now, I don't have to! Also, my husband wants to start going to the gym with me, and my daughter wants to go on run/walks with me. I am getting my whole family moving!

• kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am close to being able to run 5 miles at once, in an hour! I couldn't run for a minute when I started. I have also lost an inch off my waist, thighs, and hips in the last two months.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Telsera wrote: »
    The pants I was wearing 6 years ago at an almost unhealthy skinny fat 125lbs
    1) Fit (had to lose about 30 lbs)
    2) Fit better than they did then (no muffin top!)
    3) I am 15 lbs heavier

Yay weights and adequate protein. Screw you scale!

ha ha Screw the scale! And good for you. :smile:

• dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Seems to be a common victory over the past day or so on here...but...I also managed to not only survive C25K week 5/day 3, but I ROCKED it and finished strong! I was so nervous...but once I found my groove it was all good! I wont say it was easy, but I am proud of how well I did!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!