Options
2»

Replies

• BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    BeesmaMFP wrote: »
    . Personally, I don't see the point of purchasing NS food if you're going to add so much to it that you hit 2800 calories a day. I would either follow the NS plan or follow MFP's recommendations since it sounds like there's a wide discrepancy between the two for you.

Why would you say that? She's only adding up the calories to meet her goal. It's fine. OP's point is it makes things easier for her during working hours, which is totally valid and her business anyway.

Because that's my opinion and and she asked for opinions.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    . Personally, I don't see the point of purchasing NS food if you're going to add so much to it that you hit 2800 calories a day. I would either follow the NS plan or follow MFP's recommendations since it sounds like there's a wide discrepancy between the two for you.

Why would you say that? She's only adding up the calories to meet her goal. It's fine. OP's point is it makes things easier for her during working hours, which is totally valid and her business anyway.

Because that's my opinion and and she asked for opinions.

I don't think she was after opinions, she wanted to know if she could lose weight or not doing what she's doing, and the answer is yes.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't use NS as there are lots of other things that make life easier as well.

If your MFP goal is 2800...you could eat lots of "easy" foods from anywhere...or ice cream or chocolate or whatever...that's what I would do.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    lologyrl wrote: »
    Well, didn't really want everyone's personal opinion on if they liked it or not. I was simply asking would it be better to stick to the Nutrisystem 1200 goal or my goal on here. I'll figure it out. Thanks anyway I guess...

You're right. You can use Nutrisystem in conjunction with MFP to get to your 2800 goal, which is what your original post was asking. I think everyone thought you were making a choice between the two. However, by your answer above, you're asking which choice you should make, and not referring to combining the two. I'm confused :neutral:

No. She asked whether it is a good idea to combine Nutrisystem and home cooked meals as part of a dietary program to increase calories towards the MFP goal of 2800 since Nutrisystem on its own is around 1200 calories.

Yes you can - but you would be diverting from Nutrisystem's program - not sure if it matters or not - but from their perspective - the system is designed to use it exclusively to guarantee the benefit of losing the weight.

That's the devil's advocate response - I would say yes - because food is food and if you have a higher goal, you may need to introduce additional food to meet that goal. So the answer is yes - it's okay to do what you are doing - just monitor results and adjust accordingly.
  • jnicosia11
    jnicosia11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually had the same question. Even though, MFP does allow additional calories when you work out nutrisystem does not. I was told to stick to the nutrisystem plan and not to add additional calories. Good luck!
  • lologyrl
    lologyrl Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I think you're the only one who understood me. Thanks.
  • emmadeutschmann
    emmadeutschmann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lologyrl wrote: »
    Well, didn't really want everyone's personal opinion on if they liked it or not. I was simply asking would it be better to stick to the Nutrisystem 1200 goal or my goal on here. I'll figure it out. Thanks anyway I guess...

Nutrisystem is unsustainable. They want you to totally depend on their overpriced food. Once you stop, it's gonna be hard to keep the weight off if Nutrisystem was totally different from your former eating habits. It's better just to make your own meals and accurately weigh them out, plus it will probably taste better than frozen meals for every meal.

Plus, when you do reach your goal, it'll be easier to adjust to maintenance mode if you eat at a higher caloric allowance that MFP gave you when you signed up.