Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-She has been officially and definitely diagnosed with SPD and Anxiety.

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!

I am sorry your daughter suffers with this and your family is going through this things. However, I am glad that she has you because you sound absolutely fabulous as a parent. It seems like there is a lot of love in your household and that is lovely. :)

Thank you! ❤️ I call her my "fooled you" baby! In 2009 when I was 17, I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc, and there are a lot of pinched nerves in my lower back. I was engaged (to a complete waste of space of a person but I won't get into that) at the time and we wanted to have kids after we married when I turned 18, and the doctor told me that having a child would be too difficult with all my problems and that I didn't need to try. So I just figured I'd never get my dream of being a mom and left it alone for awhile. That fiancé and I broke up a short time later, and the next year I reconnected with my now husband and the month after we married we found out I was pregnant with Raelynn. I did have some issues but I did carry her to term and attempted to deliver naturally until I needed a c-section when Raelynn's heart rate shot up too high. She's the child I shouldn't have had, but God has a wonderful sense of humor. :)

I probably shouldn't be pushing my luck with the idea of another child once Raelynn's SPD and Anxiety issues are under control, but I've always been too stubborn to just walk away from things lol.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

Ok, so I don't understand the obsession with Duke's mayo around here! Also, and please don't kick me out of the thread, but unless it's a PB&J, I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. *runs and hides*

Duke's mayo is a religion around here haha! No one in both sides of the family eats anything else but it unless there is no other option. It's something about that flavor, it's so much different from the other brands lol!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Hooray for walking again!! And awesome job on the loss! :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!

I am sorry your daughter suffers with this and your family is going through this things. However, I am glad that she has you because you sound absolutely fabulous as a parent. It seems like there is a lot of love in your household and that is lovely. :)

Thank you! ❤️ I call her my "fooled you" baby! In 2009 when I was 17, I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc, and there are a lot of pinched nerves in my lower back. I was engaged (to a complete waste of space of a person but I won't get into that) at the time and we wanted to have kids after we married when I turned 18, and the doctor told me that having a child would be too difficult with all my problems and that I didn't need to try. So I just figured I'd never get my dream of being a mom and left it alone for awhile. That fiancé and I broke up a short time later, and the next year I reconnected with my now husband and the month after we married we found out I was pregnant with Raelynn. I did have some issues but I did carry her to term and attempted to deliver naturally until I needed a c-section when Raelynn's heart rate shot up too high. She's the child I shouldn't have had, but God has a wonderful sense of humor. :)

I probably shouldn't be pushing my luck with the idea of another child once Raelynn's SPD and Anxiety issues are under control, but I've always been too stubborn to just walk away from things lol.

I'm so glad you get to have that dream especially since you seem to be so great at it!!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

How are things with you froggy?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie Great Loss!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

I'm so glad you get to have that dream especially since you seem to be so great at it!!!

Aww, thank you! :blush: I try to do my best for her, she's my best friend and my whole world lol!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

I just realized part of my post is a bit confusing. To clarify, I didn't reconnect with the ex-fiancé, rather hubby and I reconnected on Facebook 4 years after we met at a church function lol! I confused my own self haha! :flushed:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 you are wonder woman good luck doing the Iron man!!

It's only a 1/2 but thanks!

"only" she says :lol:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Haha that was my thought too!! Humblebrag away Patricia ;) And I'm totally kidding...and completely jealous! My goal is to maybe do a half marathon before I die
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Good luck this weekend, Patricia!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Aww, thank you! :blush: I try to do my best for her, she's my best friend and my whole world lol!

I know exactly how you feel. My daughter is my whole world. So much in fact, I worry that I'm neglecting my husband. It's weird because I'm obviously her favorite person. I just try to enjoy it because I know it most likely will not always be that way.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but I wish I knew you guys IRL lol…it helps SO much to be able to talk to someone. I’m the only one in my friend group that has kids, so sometimes I feel like I’m the “weirdo”.

Another woosh last night so I’m only 2 lb away from my first goal now. That’s nice, but all I can see is how far I have left to go :(
    And…would this bother anyone else? My brother in law gave us his car to either keep or sell and use the $ for the boy’s college tuition fund. I was thinking I’d drive it and sell mine. DH was off work yesterday and went and registered it at the Secretary of State. I realized if I sell my car, I will have nothing in my name. Bills, utilities, credit cards are in his name, his car is in his name, mine is in mine, but if I keep BIL’s car, it’s all in his name. It vaguely bothers me, like it’s the 1950’s and everything has to be in the man’s name. I work, I make 2/3 of what he does, but I contribute significantly. Am I being weird about this?

I'm late to the party, but no, I don't think you're being weird. Independence is important to me, so I would insist on having my name on things. Can your name be added to the utility accounts, or something? I would also want my name on things because if (heaven forbid) anything happens to your guy, it could be very difficult for you to deal with the accounts afterwards. But I can be a bit paranoid...
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I have tons of stories like that from growing up. TONS. As Muslims, we believe in the existence of Jinn (as I mentioned before), and many of these things are attributed to the actions of the jinn. We've had knives fly across our kitchen by themselves before, along with non-existent children's voices and running sounds, lamps moving across tables and crashing to the floor by themselves, and a whole bunch of other things.

The one you mentioned about trying to sleep has happened to me and to my sister. A friend of my mother's who is knowledgeable in the ways of the jinn told us to go into the room after dark and ask the jinn politely to please leave because the house is occupied, and my mom did that; it didn't happen again afterwards. It was weird. :p Also, my mom and brothers kept seeing a man out of the corner of their eye in the same house, then there would be nothing when they turned around to take a look.

There's a very old city in Oman outside of the capital region called Bahla, and it's known as the haunted city--many people who live there are afraid to leave their homes after dark because that's when the jinn are said to be most active.

Wow these stories gave me the chills. That is really scary. I couldn't imagine seeing knives flying around...or hearing voices AHH. I didn't do the same thing as your mom's friend but I basically imagined a protective bubble around myself when I felt scared and it seemed to help a lot. Most people here probably think I'm a nut now. :) No judgement.

I had a couple more that happened around that time as well that I thought of:
    One was right after my would be father in law died (my boyfriend's dad) I was working on getting pictures ready for his funeral and the light turned off. I ran to my bedroom and woke my boyfriend up but by the time we got back in that room it was back on. Also it happened one other time when it was Thanksgiving (only a month after his death) and my boyfriend's brother, my boyfriend and some of my family were in that same room and the light turned off and then came on again a few minutes later. It never did it again.

The other one I thought of was having something walking across the bed while trying to sleep. We had just lost our cat around that time and it felt JUST like a cat walking across the foot of the bed. I never mentioned it but a few months later my boyfriend started talking about how sometimes while in bed (and I finished his sentence because I knew what he was going to say) he would feel something walking across the bed. I always thought I was imagining things but when he said that too, I knew it wasn't just me. It stopped happening after that year though.

Like I said, this all happened within a couple years around 2009-2010 which was a very stressful year with a few deaths in it. Scary stuff.

I've experienced that same type of thing after losing a cat. I found it comforting to think that maybe he was stopping by.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I'm joining the gym today. It will be my first official workout at the gym with my boyfriend. I'm excited though! Sure I'll be unable to move later...

You might be done already, but have fun! I'm sure it will be nice to have someone knowledgeable to show you around :smile:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Haha that was my thought too!! Humblebrag away Patricia ;) And I'm totally kidding...and completely jealous! My goal is to maybe do a half marathon before I die
    Yep yep yep! My first is this year, depending on how it goes I may bump it up to a full. GASP! THE HORROR!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession:

I haven't been swimming in nearly two weeks. My hips started hurting 2 or 3 weeks ago and swimming made it worse. So I decided to hold off until my hips stopped aching, but they haven't. Anytime I walk or am active for more than 20 minutes, my hips ache at the back. Sometimes the pain shoots down my leg.

I'm a bit worried that if this is pregnancy related (it seems an awful lot like pelvic girdle pain), then there go all my good plans of staying fit throughout. Especially as I am only just ending the first trimester - I have a long way to go! If it's not better in another 4 weeks (when I next see the midwife) I will ask for her advice. I did not expect sore bones this early on and it's getting me down a little, but then I feel guilty because this was super wanted and planned and I know some people would love to be in my place. But hip pain for the next 6.5 months does not fill me with joy. That's not what they show on the clear blue commercials!

Tl;dr - I haven't been swimming and I'm an ungrateful grump.

That made me giggle.

Not to be a downer or anything, but I have a friend that has hip pain every time she's pregnant. Hopefully, they can do something about yours and you can resume your regularly scheduled program. Good luck.

• snooksmama
    snooksmama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i dont see any reason to 'hide' anything - i am trying to 'chart' everything as i eat it, and i am not allowing myself to be ashamed. I am doing this to wake myself up to what i am eating. Its a tool. I dont think anyone else sees my food logs and if they do, i could care less. BUT...that being said, I only chart my weight when i can log a LOSS. I went about a week of a few ups and downs and i didnt chart my weight at all. I like to see that graph going DOWN. I must be doing something right, i have lost over 12 lbs since early May. Cheers to everyone, you are going a great job! Just being on here and using the app - we are all human and certainly not perfect, and doing the best we can!!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'm running off and going birthday shopping for the mancreature (he's in dire need of shorts and pants, so he's being dragged along). I've been trying to be good and save, I really really really want to spend money on myself tooo! Lol
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I have not come on this thread for a few days because I felt like the posts I made about my issue with my SO and my issues with struggling to WANT to lose weight were not well received and I felt embarrassed and wished I had not written about those things. Over time I started to feel too comfortable and speaking too freely I guess.

Late last night before bed I noticed I had notifications and checked them which brought me to a few posts here and I saw @Susieq_1994 saying I was avoiding you guys, and I just wanted to make it clear that it was my own issues and not you guys as to why I was not posting here.

I was still posting in the fitbit and Big Brother thread because they felt safe, like single topic threads. Also, as you guys have seen, I am not afraid of confrontation, so it is not like I need everyone to agree with me or anything, about anything, I am not sure why I reacted so strongly, maybe because they were on top of each other, not sure, no idea really, but it affected me for some reason.

In short, I decided that I did not want to become that annoying poster that everyone rolls their eyes at, lol, so I stuck with single topic things, like fitbit and goodreads, status etc. I have not avoided anyone in particular, or felt upset with anyone other than myself.

I am behind, but welcome back and don't be so hard on yourself, you have enough to deal with without beating yourself up over this. We missed you.