Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• arithmachick
    arithmachick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I think everyone must have a case of the August blahs.

Soon it will be September, and we will have the September awesomes! Yes/yes/definitely yes?

(It will be spring in September, so my mood will take a definite upswing in conjunction with the increase in temperature.)

I'm also looking forward to September! College football season!!!!!!!!!

Me, too!!! Boise State v Washington (our old coach) is September 4th. Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry up!

That should be a really good game. I'm not sure who I want to win though...

I live in Boise, but I'm not particularly a BSU fan since I went to Oregon, which means I am anti Washington but pro Pac-12. I had considered trying to get tickets before I made plans to go out of town that weekend.

We have season tickets, and we couldn't get extras, they sold out that fast. BTW, your profile name is awesome!

Yeah, one of these days I will go see a game on the blue turf.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.

That's one way to reach your protein goal.

Is there an entry for African ant covered chips, or do you log them each separately? :D
    You have to weigh them separately, which is why ants are one of the few negative value foods. The energy required to wrangle the ants on the scale is more than the ants provide, nutritionally. ;)

:D AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I think you may really be my birth mom with your quick wittedness, @tubbs216.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Conversation between me and my sister:

Me: "I'm really liking jogging! It's fun with the zombie app. Though my lower back is a little sore."

Sis: "Sounds like you might want to do some core exercises to help take the strain off your back..."

Me: "I'd rather take ibuprofen every day than do crunches." :wink:

ARGH! Confession: It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when people assume you have to do crunches to work your core. (No judgement on you, @jthurman3) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO CRUNCHES TO WORK YOUR CORE!!! :s

Sorry, pet peeve.

Confession #2: I NEVER do crunches.

LOL - Come train me so that I don't despise core workouts!

Stronglifts 5X5. The end. ;)

Fair enough! Tentatively planning to start the SL program 8/31.

Yippee!!!!

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

Is there an entry for African ant covered chips, or do you log them each separately? :D
    You have to weigh them separately, which is why ants are one of the few negative value foods. The energy required to wrangle the ants on the scale is more than the ants provide, nutritionally. ;)

:D AHAHAHAHAHA!!! I think you may really be my birth mom with your quick wittedness, @tubbs216.
    Am I that old?! Can't I be your cool older sister who moved out when you were 7 and comes home to take you out for amazing outings and then disappears back to her glamourous grown-up life?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Sons updates!

Son #1 has a job interview tomorrow. Please send him positive vibes. It actually sounds like a nice little first job. I hope so much he can present himself well.

Son #2 I took him to the doctor to get antibiotics for his raging ingrown toenail infection. He has a podiatrist appointment next week to get it resected (sp?) but they won't do it if it's still infected. Hoping the meds will improve it enough - I want him to be all done before he goes back to school the following week.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Sons updates!

Son #1 has a job interview tomorrow. Please send him positive vibes. It actually sounds like a nice little first job. I hope so much he can present himself well.

Son #2 I took him to the doctor to get antibiotics for his raging ingrown toenail infection. He has a podiatrist appointment next week to get it resected (sp?) but they won't do it if it's still infected. Hoping the meds will improve it enough - I want him to be all done before he goes back to school the following week.

Congratulations to Son #1!! A first job is a big step

Son #2 Hope your toe gets better!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Am I that old?! Can't I be your cool older sister who moved out when you were 7 and comes home to take you out for amazing outings and then disappears back to her glamourous grown-up life?

You can be my cool older sister!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Sons updates!

Ahh yayyy!! Congrats to S1 :):) That's so exciting! Positive thoughts and vibes to him! Woo hoo!!

And more positives thoughts and vibes to S2 so he can go back to school feeling 100%!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I always wanted one of those!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I didn't know I wanted one until I read that description. I want one!!!!

I always wanted a cool, fun, popular older brother and a younger sister.

I recieved a geeky younger brother.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I'm an only child, but my mom runs a dayhome and has since I was three, so I had plenty of younger-sibling stand-ins. I would have liked a big brother or sister...until I really thought about it, anyway. I don't think I've ever had serious regrets about being the only one, but it is fun to think about!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Ha! @Tubbs216 - you're now the fabulous "older sister" we all wanted but never had.
    I got the world's best youngest sister, so I can't complain. We are and always have been close. I love her to pieces!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Ha! @Tubbs216 - you're now the fabulous "older sister" we all wanted but never had.
    I got the world's best youngest sister, so I can't complain. We are and always have been close. I love her to pieces!
    Wonderful! My own sister is 4 years older than me, and was pretty cool. I remember being put on a bus to go and visit her when she was away at university and it was pretty amazing for a 14 year-old. She would also take me on shopping trips to London and to other things that I wouldn't have been allowed to do without her.

My boys have just headed out for an evening out together, and I realised that what I described is pretty much what they do, so that made me happy. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Wonderful! My own sister is 4 years older than me, and was pretty cool. I remember being put on a bus to go and visit her when she was away at university and it was pretty amazing for a 14 year-old. She would also take me on shopping trips to London and to other things that I wouldn't have been allowed to do without her.

My boys have just headed out for an evening out together, and I realised that what I described is pretty much what they do, so that made me happy. :)

The circle of life!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I made strawberry jam the other day, and now have my attempt at clotted cream in the slow cooker. If it works, I shall be baking scones tomorrow. I think I need an intervention.
    kpmj49wau1ws.gif
  • Tubbs216
    Options

The circle of life!!
    Yes! It makes my husband especially happy, because his older brother wasn't the best. Even now, at 53, he's utterly self-absorbed (and single, quelle surprise!), so to see our boys wanting to do things together gives him warm fuzzies.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

OH YES! That sounds way better than a boring ole mom. :smiley:

And NO, you are not old enough to be my mom, at least I don't think so. I will take cool older sister any day! I don't have any sisters so I'd be more than happy to claim you!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Oh, well, I'm 47 which probably sounds ancient to you young'uns. I promise it comes around surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't feel old, but I guess the driver's licence says otherwise.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

This made me smile!

I wish Rachael and SD were closer. Or remotely close at all. I wanted that so badly for her.

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Shameless SPD mom brag moment:

Raelynn did so good at the pool today!!!!

She freaked out a little at first, but I backed off and let her go at her own pace, and she LOVED it!!! She's been talking about how she went swimming all day lol. We had to cut the fun short because it started raining and looking a little stormy but she enjoyed herself. I'm so proud of my big girl! ❤️