Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.

That's one way to reach your protein goal.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I'm actually feeling somewhat better today, thanks for all the well wishes! ❤️

I'm taking Raelynn to see some friends today, and we're probably going swimming in the pool where they're staying at right now. (They're having to stay in a hotel while their apartment complex is being renovated.) Just one last thing before it starts getting crazy next week! :)

Yay. Glad things are going better. Enjoy your day at the pool!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Wow, all of these are fun to read!! And it's good to see that I'm not the only one. I have to admit that I've been guilty of eating after midnight and counting it for the next day and if it's right before my monthly cycle, I can be found eating everything in sight. It once was an entire bad of chocolate chips, felt sick for days.

Okay, of ALL the confessions we've heard in here, this one is, I think, the most confusing to me. IF you eat after midnight, IT IS THE NEXT DAY!!! Why wouldn't you count it as such?! I'm so baffled by this. :/

i count anything before I go to sleep as one day and anything after I wake up is the next day, regardless of where midnight falls.

I do the same thing. Three A.M. dinner? Sure thing!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Like some of you, I have not felt especially chatty recently, feeling like I don't really have anything of value to share.

I will say this though, I think I might have some sort of anxiety disorder. I hadn't been to church for about 4 or 5 weeks, but finally went Sunday and I felt very nervous and uneasy the whole time. I purposely went late so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone and I sat by myself, as Mr. Mo and Rachael were teaching in the back. I've known most of these people for close to 5 years. Why do I still not feel comfortable around them?!

NSV:
    I dead lifted 105 lbs. last night, squatted 65 lbs. (didn't feel like hunting for the weights to do the suggested 60 lbs.), and OHP was 50. I still hate OHP and feel so incredibly weak barely being able to lift that stupid bar and 2.5 lb. weights on each side above my head.

I was really irritated at the gym last night because some jerk was hogging the power rack for like 25 minutes and everything else was being used too. I had to do my warm up squats on the stupid Smith machine. I told Mr. Mo last night, I can't sit in the gym waiting for people all the time. Something's going to have to change. I fear we may have to start lifting in the mornings, which means less sleep for me.

I was also irritated with Mr. Mo because he took some Aftershock last night after working out and was still wide awake at midnight eating pretzels in bed. I accused him of finding the loudest possible thing he could find to eat. I'm not nice when I'm tired.

I'm a complete jerk when I'm tired. We affectionately call my mood swing the "left turn to cranky."

I completely understand the anxiety thing, too. If I'm feeling guilty about something (like not attending a class or something I feel I should go to) I get super anxious about returning to the class or whatever. I'd rather hide away from other people's perceived or possible judgment about my absence, if that makes sense. I'm an introvert and if given a choice will most likely avoid large social gatherings, much preferring to read a book at home or whatever. When I indulge that inclination, though, and skip out on social things, I feel guilty. The guilt gives me anxiety. The anxiety makes me want to avoid social interaction with the people I skipped out on before. It's a vicious cycle that leads to me holing up at home. Heh

Hopefully, you and Mr. Mo can get a power rack for your home...then no more gym!

I do exactly this as well - I skip going somewhere once and then I'm a complete weirdo about it after and will avoid returning.

Me too...three...six? I had the hardest time returning to my gym as I hadn't been there in so long. And crowds wig me out. Even if I know everyone well. I hate our barn Xmas party even. Take me out of comfortable setting and put me in social setting even with people I know and I am a mess and get out as fast as possible.

Me, too! Even if it's with people I know and love, I seek out the quiet corner after awhile. I really want the "Sorry, I'm Awkward. Sorry." shirt! :smiley:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, all of these are fun to read!! And it's good to see that I'm not the only one. I have to admit that I've been guilty of eating after midnight and counting it for the next day and if it's right before my monthly cycle, I can be found eating everything in sight. It once was an entire bad of chocolate chips, felt sick for days.

Okay, of ALL the confessions we've heard in here, this one is, I think, the most confusing to me. IF you eat after midnight, IT IS THE NEXT DAY!!! Why wouldn't you count it as such?! I'm so baffled by this. :/

i count anything before I go to sleep as one day and anything after I wake up is the next day, regardless of where midnight falls.

Agreed. As long as your calories even out throughout the week it shouldn't matter when you put them in. There have been times where I've eaten too much in one day & then quick caloried (not a word but don't care) the next few days to even it out.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I think the bugs in my pantry might be weevils... maybe young weevils. It looks like that's my best bet. I'm going to throw out everything tomorrow and wipe down my panty with vinegar and do a thorough cleaning. Will be following this post's advice: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-prevent-get-rid-of-grai-140955

I don't even want to get close to these things so I'm kind of freaking out right now. I don't particularly like tons of small creepy bugs.

Before we moved in together, my darlig other half's roommate once left a box of cereal open in their pantry, a fly turned it into a nest, and their kitchen/dining room/living room ended up covered in juvenile flies (I will avoid the M word because ew). They were mostly on the ceiling from climbing out of the pantry, but I made them trash EVERYTHING in the kitchen...and bleach the ceiling.

OMG, I just dry heaved. *blergh*
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!

Great progress on Stronglifts! Tell your husband he's still kicking butt since he did well on the rest of the sets. What is your protein goal set at?
  • vaughnthayer
    vaughnthayer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I loved all the positivity, you're all super great and it was great to hear you say nice things about yourselves.

Welcome back Laura, glad you had a great trip. Highclere Castle is only 7 miles from my office!

What?? I'm hopping on the next plane out... :grin:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!

Great progress on Stronglifts! Tell your husband he's still kicking butt since he did well on the rest of the sets. What is your protein goal set at?

Yah, I'm curious about this too. I'm currently eating 170g plus of Protein, so I may be able to give some tips on this one.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    sorry, i'm a few pages behind, crazy busy at work, but i just need to put this one out there

*post date update*

first date #9

last nights first date entered into new uncharted territory for me! how exciting!

met the dude at a local establishment, but even though it was local i had never been there and wasn't familiar with the layout. this is slightly to my detriment because he arrives prior to me and the seat that was open next to him,there was a giant tv right above my head. swell.

normally this wouldn't be an issue, we're supposed to be there trying to get to know each other, but then he keeps looking up at the tv and making comments. what am i supposed to do? crane my neck around to try to see what the heck is going on? yeah, not so much.

so i'm trying to make nice casual small talk, but when he says anything it's really low and kinda mumbley, so i keep asking him to repeat himself and to please speak up. which he doesn't do.

talk about jobs, locations, hobbies, the norm. then apparently the story about the two women that were the first to go through some special military program pops up above my head. he makes a comnment on how he would like to go through something like that. i say well go for it then, and he goes into the whole just want the work outs and training and not be in the actually military.

which then insights the meltdown. he starts going into how he couldn't be in the military right now, especially not with the state our country is in and he's got a cousin in the secret service and we have no clue all the stuff that's really going on right now. and the government is trying to take our guns and blah blah blah. and anytime i would try to say anything to, you know, attempt a conversation, he would just talk over me and tell me how wrong i am about anything.

final nail in the coffin? he then says to me, "yeah you probably voted for obama" at this point i'm just done, i grab my cash off of the bar (i paid for my own beverages) and get up to leave, and he acts all put off, and says oh what you're leaving now? and i say Yup, as awesome has this as been, i'm done dealing with your craziness. and i left.

which you would think would be the end of the story, but oh no!
    i get home, pull out my phone and am welcomed with this gibberish:

"the only one crazy is u saying thst bout me im not into liberalism have nicelife ur wrongnim right ull see bye bye and ur rude lose my number thanks."

to which i kindly reply: "English. Try it sometime."

and then i got this: "yea ok ur so intelligent lol good bye listing try it sometime lose my number, have nice liberal life"

that was all in the span of 45 minutes, first meeting til the end.
    after that, all of his stuff became, BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK

Wow! Crazy is as crazy does, I suppose.

I can't even... :astonished:

The fact that humans like this exist boggles my mind.

Right?!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.

That's one way to reach your protein goal.

Is there an entry for African ant covered chips, or do you log them each separately? :D

• ShibaEars
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love going to the movies but I have a really hard time making myself watch something on the computer. I fidget and want to check websites, or do something physical. I've been trying to watch Fargo this week because the trailers for season 2 look interesting and it's becoming REALLY apparent.

The last thing I saw the free screening of Straight Outta Compton. It was a great movie and experience. I'm kinda miffed at the people who held the screening because they chose not to give out any t-shirts. I ran down the stairs as soon as the credits rolled with the hopes of getting one.

I like that I can access Netflix on our TV in the living room. The screen is great and it feels more like being at the movies. I hate the rude cellphone users, the people who bring very small children and expect they will be quiet for 2+ hours, the conversationalists who want to continue their convo while the movie is playing. At my house, I can tell them to leave the room.

I like movies at the 18+ theatres, where there are no children, the theatre and bathrooms are clean, and there's a bar, but going to one at a regular multiplex is usually not a lot of fun for me between the sticky floors, ear-splitting sound system, and crowds.

We hardly ever watch movies at home either though because I'm constantly getting up to do stuff (put away the dishes or fold laundry, pee, fix a snack, Google something that just occurred to me, etc etc.) I barely even fast-forward through the commercials on PVRed stuff because I use them to do my fidget-y stuff.

I have this incessant need to be "busy" that isn't served well by sitting still through a whole movie. I will be up and cleaning out the fridge or starting a new knitting project or wiping down all the kitchen cabinets or baking some bread because I can't just sit there. Drives my husband and our roommate up the wall sometimes but hey, at least they only have one household chore each as a result (husband cleans the floors, roomie does garbage/recycling.)

I do this at home too, which is why it takes me 3 hours to watch a 90 minute movie lol.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3

Welcome back!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Thanks, I don't think I'm doing too shabby for a little white girl! I think so too, I'm WAY proud of him. Also, I feel kind of like a bad mama jamma for being able to spot him when he's doing a considerably larger amount of weight than I am. :smiley:

My daily goal for protein is 120 grams. I upped it when I reevaluated my calorie goal based on working out 5 times a week and gaining about 2-3 lbs. In muscle, I hope!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:
    Hi! I don't mean to sound judgmental, but 43lbs in 3 months seems very steep.

I recommend reading the posts linked on this page and following them as best as you can.
  • MoHousdon
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Yah, I'm curious about this too. I'm currently eating 170g plus of Protein, so I may be able to give some tips on this one.

How in the world do you eat this much a day?! What am I doing wrong that I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE getting a little over 100 grams a day!

ETA words, because words make sentences. Sheesh!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I loved all the positivity, you're all super great and it was great to hear you say nice things about yourselves.

Welcome back Laura, glad you had a great trip. Highclere Castle is only 7 miles from my office!

Oh wow I was so close to you! If I move over there we will have to get together!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! There has been 1,788 posts since I left I love you all and I'll try my best to catch up but no promises! I've missed this thread and the batcave and all of you tons! I had the BEST trip of my life!! Took tons of pictures I'll post a few in the batcave, so happy to be back and hope things are going well for everyone <3

Hi, Laura!!! You were missed!

Aw shucks, thanks that makes me feel so good, I missed you all too!!