Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

... I never even knew blue grapes existed. Are they REALLY blue?!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I gotta get in on page 1500!!! I can't believe we've kept this going for 1500 pages, yous guys!

I love you all, good day!

I keep meaning to ask have you seen the step daughter lately? How are things on that end?

She came over (for the first time in 3 weeks) last Thursday with her new boyfriend. I had NO idea she was coming because she didn't bother telling anyone beforehand. I was not up for having a house full of people after coming home from a major workout, so I separated myself from everyone as long as I could by taking a shower. My mother was also at my house when I got home. When I got out, my mom was gone, but SD and BF were still there, and stayed for a long time of which she never introduced me. I didn't really care I was just hungry and wanted them to leave so we could eat dinner and run our already scheduled errands.

I try not to talk about that relationship because it isn't much of one and I just get upset when I think about it too much. I do appreciate you asking though.

I realized the above statement made me sound like a total jerk, but she never lets us know she's coming so we can properly plan something, she just shows up with a tagalong.

I hate, hate, hate unexpected company especially when I am hungry or have things planned to do. She sounds like she hasn't changed any.

Sorry if I upset you with my asking. Just tell me to butt out lol

I hate unexpected company any time, even if I am just sitting around! If someone knocks on my door and I am not expecting anyone, I do not answer. In this day and age, if you cannot text or phone me to let me know you are coming, chances are I do not want to see you. I literally will let someone knock for half an hour and won't answer it.

I hide from the door as well. If you are family/friend you would've texted me first. If you're selling something I REALLY don't want to talk to you.
    Same, last week, there were people coming to sell AT&T Uverese and they sat stood outside my door, knocking and calling out to me for a good five minutes. The window was open, so I gave them a quick glance and promptly went back to ignoring them.

I love the look of front doors that have fancy windows in them, but I need something I can sneak by without someone standing outside seeing me, so I will only ever have solid doors lol
    Yeah, that sounds good. We have not only a glass panel in our front door, but two full-length windows either side of it. VERY hard to not answer the door when people can see you sitting there. I have actually hidden before, when I haven't wanted to talk to a salesperson or to the JWs. The sight of a couple of mormon missionaries used to send me into a bit of PTSD-type panic, but I now happily answer the door to them, and have a little chat about what I think of their religion. That's extremely empowering to me. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

^This x 1000 for me! I :heart: Netflix. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! @spamarie @orangesmartie
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love going to the movies but I have a really hard time making myself watch something on the computer. I fidget and want to check websites, or do something physical. I've been trying to watch Fargo this week because the trailers for season 2 look interesting and it's becoming REALLY apparent.

The last thing I saw the free screening of Straight Outta Compton. It was a great movie and experience. I'm kinda miffed at the people who held the screening because they chose not to give out any t-shirts. I ran down the stairs as soon as the credits rolled with the hopes of getting one.

I like that I can access Netflix on our TV in the living room. The screen is great and it feels more like being at the movies. I hate the rude cellphone users, the people who bring very small children and expect they will be quiet for 2+ hours, the conversationalists who want to continue their convo while the movie is playing. At my house, I can tell them to leave the room.

I like movies at the 18+ theatres, where there are no children, the theatre and bathrooms are clean, and there's a bar, but going to one at a regular multiplex is usually not a lot of fun for me between the sticky floors, ear-splitting sound system, and crowds.

We hardly ever watch movies at home either though because I'm constantly getting up to do stuff (put away the dishes or fold laundry, pee, fix a snack, Google something that just occurred to me, etc etc.) I barely even fast-forward through the commercials on PVRed stuff because I use them to do my fidget-y stuff.

I have this incessant need to be "busy" that isn't served well by sitting still through a whole movie. I will be up and cleaning out the fridge or starting a new knitting project or wiping down all the kitchen cabinets or baking some bread because I can't just sit there. Drives my husband and our roommate up the wall sometimes but hey, at least they only have one household chore each as a result (husband cleans the floors, roomie does garbage/recycling.)

I do this at home too, which is why it takes me 3 hours to watch a 90 minute movie lol.

Movies (even kids' movies, which are the only ones I watch) tend to rile up my anxiety, for some reason (I'm easily overstimulated by noise and light, which stresses me out), so I can't really force myself to watch them when I'm at home. I'll download one and then not watch it ever. The only way I'll watch it is if my husband kind of drags me over and sits me down to watch it with him. :p I do love the movie theater, though--it's a very rare treat (since it's in a different country...) and I eat ALL the caramel popcorn and slurp on a slushie (as quietly as possible) and just enjoy it to death. The 3D ones are my favorites. :smiley:
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Shooting update: This gets weirder and weirder. It was not an attempt to rob the gas station. Both of the people involved work in the same plant with Zac. He only knows the one whom he carpools with, but the two had apparently been in a heated argument at work and while Zac was inside paying, the guy who got shot saw the guy he was mad at and sucker punched him before he could get out of his truck. Unfortunately, the guy he started punching had a gun (legally owned, carry permit holder) and shot him in what appears to be self defense.

The guy who was shot is now in stable condition, but keep praying. Stable is not dying immediately, but not really improving.

Oh my goodness!! How terrible for Zac. I hope the shooting victim improves and that the whole situation somehow is resolved in the best way possible. So terribly traumatic, though, for the witnesses and all involved. I will keep sending good thoughts their way.
    Yes! I really hope there is good outcome, or at least better than it sounds at the moment.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!

Great progress on Stronglifts! Tell your husband he's still kicking butt since he did well on the rest of the sets. What is your protein goal set at?

Yah, I'm curious about this too. I'm currently eating 170g plus of Protein, so I may be able to give some tips on this one.

In the world do you eat this much a day?! What am I doing wrong that I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE getting a little over 100 grams a day!

I usually get one hundred grams EASILY...

... If I eat chicken breast for three meals a day. :D
  • Tubbs216
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Charlie. We've had a manic party afternoon and I've just left, as I have to make the drive back to London tonight. He's had a brilliant day and is busy telling everyone he's 3.

That is so cute!!! Nowadays when my daughter meets new people, the first thing she says is 'I am five.'

My friend Heather's daughter is 4 and introduces herself, "My name is Maggie Lucille and I am a leader."

When I was 3-4 I introduced myself, "My name is Sawsan. S-A-W-S-A-N." To everyone. :p I was absolutely obsessed with my name being spelled right, apparently...

That is do cute. Is it an unusual name in Oman? And how is your back? Did you ever make it to the movies?

Well, I lived in the United States at the time, so it was an extremely rare name. ;) It's actually an uncommon name in Oman as well, but it's extremely common in Sudan (I know like... Three Sudani ladies with my name, and that's with my very limited social circle!) and fairly common in Saudi Arabia.

My back is finally starting to improve, and we went to Bahrain today! We saw Inside Out, and I LOVED it. It was amazing and super great! I didn't even need painkillers today, and that's with 5 hours in the car and two hours of sitting in the movie theater. :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear your back is getting better!! I want to see Inside Out, too. I rarely go to the movies as it's such an expensive date here and I nearly always leave the theatre with a headache. I think I'm easily over-stimulated by loud audio and whatnot and it gives me a splitting headache. The last movie I saw in the theatre was... ummm.... Les Miserables a couple years ago. Heh... I'm a weirdo.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Les Misérables too! We can be weirdos together.

Last film I saw in a cinema was...The Other Boleyn Girl, about 10 years ago ! I hate going to the cinema. I'd rather sit in my pajamas, on my comfy sofa, with popcorn and drinks, with the ability to pause for wee breaks.

I love the cinema! At times I go nearly weekly and will occasionally take in a double feature!
    Me too. I don't go as often as you, but I do go probably monthly. We have a great second run cinema near us and I'll happily pay $5 to see pretty much anything there. I also am quite happy to see a movie by myself.

On Tuesdays movies are only $5.20. That is why I mostly go on Tuesdays. There is also a rewards program where you get 100 points for every movie ticket you buy, and 1,000 gets a free movie ticket, so I save them up for when I go on a full price night. The program also gives you a 10% discount on snacks!

There are times I go a month or even two without going cuz I am kinda picky about what movies I see.

I :heart: Scene points :smile:
    Us too! When my husband finally got around to sorting out his Scotiabank Scene points (points for spending on his card) he had about 28 free movies. We've gradually been spending them over the past couple of years!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

I don't eat chips out the bag anymore for any reason. Scarred.

That's one way to reach your protein goal.

Is there an entry for African ant covered chips, or do you log them each separately? :D
    You have to weigh them separately, which is why ants are one of the few negative value foods. The energy required to wrangle the ants on the scale is more than the ants provide, nutritionally. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    In Africa, I once left a bag of chips in the kitchen open and unsealed, then my ex stuck his hand in the next day and ate a chip without looking...they were COVERED with ants.

Is there an entry for African ant covered chips, or do you log them each separately? :D
    You have to weigh them separately, which is why ants are one of the few negative value foods. The energy required to wrangle the ants on the scale is more than the ants provide, nutritionally. ;)

Bahahaha! I can't imagine managing to get ants to stay put for half a second while you weigh them!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    SL 5x5 update. We did day 5 yesterday. I squatted 70 lbs., benched 55 lbs. (pretty easily), and rowed 55 lbs.
    Mr. Mo failed on his fifth rep of his 5th set of bench. He was pretty down about it, but I told him not to worry and just try again next time. Truth be told, he pushed himself too far too fast instead of following the program. I think he's getting pretty serious about us getting a power rack (or something) for the basement. He spent a considerably amount of time checking them out online last night.

I ate steak twice yesterday, and STILL didn't hit my protein goal. Not sure what was up with that, but the rest of my numbers looked AWESOME!!!

I am going to be really busy the rest of the day, so won't have much time to chat, but I hope you all have a wonderful Friday Eve!

Great progress on Stronglifts! Tell your husband he's still kicking butt since he did well on the rest of the sets. What is your protein goal set at?

Yah, I'm curious about this too. I'm currently eating 170g plus of Protein, so I may be able to give some tips on this one.

In the world do you eat this much a day?! What am I doing wrong that I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE getting a little over 100 grams a day!

I'm super creative! Egg whites, greek yogurt, chicken breast, tuna and turkey pepperoni are staples currently. I also try to hit the high protein/high fiber veggies as well. Feel free to take a peek at my diary (I think it's open...)

Sweet, thanks!

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Conversation between me and my sister:

Me: "I'm really liking jogging! It's fun with the zombie app. Though my lower back is a little sore."

Sis: "Sounds like you might want to do some core exercises to help take the strain off your back..."

Me: "I'd rather take ibuprofen every day than do crunches." :wink:

ARGH! Confession: It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when people assume you have to do crunches to work your core. (No judgement on you, @jthurman3) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO CRUNCHES TO WORK YOUR CORE!!! :s

Sorry, pet peeve.

Confession #2: I NEVER do crunches.

LOL - Come train me so that I don't despise core workouts!

Stronglifts 5X5. The end. ;)

Fair enough! Tentatively planning to start the SL program 8/31.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I usually get one hundred grams EASILY...

... If I eat chicken breast for three meals a day. :D

Exactly!!!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Concord Grapes (Blue grapes) are officially in season! I am excited and scared about it because I love them and binge eat them when they are in season lol

Someone in the New Foods thread in the Food forum said they had seen Cotton Candy Grapes. Anyone try those?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Bahahaha! I can't imagine managing to get ants to stay put for half a second while you weigh them!

LOL. Haven't deep-fried ants been done before? I'm sure I've seen Anthony Bourdain or someone like that eat them.

Still. The sight of a couple ants fleeing from his mouth...people, it was seven years ago and I haven't recovered. Haha.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Someone in the New Foods thread in the Food forum said they had seen Cotton Candy Grapes. Anyone try those?
    This is wrong on sooo many levels...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

They actually look like this and have this tangy tart taste to them. :smiley:
    8394wvg8jljh.jpg

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I gotta get in on page 1500!!! I can't believe we've kept this going for 1500 pages, yous guys!

I love you all, good day!

I keep meaning to ask have you seen the step daughter lately? How are things on that end?

She came over (for the first time in 3 weeks) last Thursday with her new boyfriend. I had NO idea she was coming because she didn't bother telling anyone beforehand. I was not up for having a house full of people after coming home from a major workout, so I separated myself from everyone as long as I could by taking a shower. My mother was also at my house when I got home. When I got out, my mom was gone, but SD and BF were still there, and stayed for a long time of which she never introduced me. I didn't really care I was just hungry and wanted them to leave so we could eat dinner and run our already scheduled errands.

I try not to talk about that relationship because it isn't much of one and I just get upset when I think about it too much. I do appreciate you asking though.

I realized the above statement made me sound like a total jerk, but she never lets us know she's coming so we can properly plan something, she just shows up with a tagalong.

I hate, hate, hate unexpected company especially when I am hungry or have things planned to do. She sounds like she hasn't changed any.

Sorry if I upset you with my asking. Just tell me to butt out lol

I hate unexpected company any time, even if I am just sitting around! If someone knocks on my door and I am not expecting anyone, I do not answer. In this day and age, if you cannot text or phone me to let me know you are coming, chances are I do not want to see you. I literally will let someone knock for half an hour and won't answer it.

I hide from the door as well. If you are family/friend you would've texted me first. If you're selling something I REALLY don't want to talk to you.
    Same, last week, there were people coming to sell AT&T Uverese and they sat stood outside my door, knocking and calling out to me for a good five minutes. The window was open, so I gave them a quick glance and promptly went back to ignoring them.

I love the look of front doors that have fancy windows in them, but I need something I can sneak by without someone standing outside seeing me, so I will only ever have solid doors lol

Dark curtains my friend.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Shooting update: This gets weirder and weirder. It was not an attempt to rob the gas station. Both of the people involved work in the same plant with Zac. He only knows the one whom he carpools with, but the two had apparently been in a heated argument at work and while Zac was inside paying, the guy who got shot saw the guy he was mad at and sucker punched him before he could get out of his truck. Unfortunately, the guy he started punching had a gun (legally owned, carry permit holder) and shot him in what appears to be self defense.

The guy who was shot is now in stable condition, but keep praying. Stable is not dying immediately, but not really improving.

Oh my goodness!! How terrible for Zac. I hope the shooting victim improves and that the whole situation somehow is resolved in the best way possible. So terribly traumatic, though, for the witnesses and all involved. I will keep sending good thoughts their way.
    Yes! I really hope there is good outcome, or at least better than it sounds at the moment.

I have a feeling neither of them will have their current job when this is over, but the guy who was shot is still stable. However chest wounds are tricky, so he's still in the woods.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

This is wrong on sooo many levels...

They do sound weird, but that's a food I would have to try at least once.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

First you weigh the bowl and half teaspoon of sugar, then you add the ants and weigh again.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

LOL. Haven't deep-fried ants been done before? I'm sure I've seen Anthony Bourdain or someone like that eat them.

Still. The sight of a couple ants fleeing from his mouth...people, it was seven years ago and I haven't recovered. Haha.
    The bites and stings from fire ants are unpleasant on my feet. Imagine if some bit the inside of your mouth. :s