I just want to look good naked

Options
jlking523
jlking523 Posts: 12 Member
I want to be healthy too. But I'm 20 years old and I'm just so unhappy with my weight. I use to be way bigger than this some years ago, about 50 pounds heavier, but now I just want a flat stomach lol. I want to be more confident. I wear a waist trainer a lot and that's been helping... But I'm not where I need to be. I've been healthy lately... But recently I've been slacking... Not anymore! I have to get determined.

Replies

• merunkamac
    merunkamac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just want be strong and fast.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    A waist trainer doesn't do anything for weight loss or shaping your body. Your shape is your shape and using a corset to try to manipulate your shape is in vain. Yes you'll have a smaller mid section while wearing it, but after taking it off, the skin and tissue will expand back out to where it's supposed to be.
    You want a flat stomach? Consistent calorie deficit with some weight training to help retain lean muscle. There really are no gimmicks or short cuts to achieve it. Well unless you're thinking lipo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jlking523
    Options
    I know.... But I work out in it and it honestly has made my waist smaller, and I sweat more in it.
  • MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds creepy, but you're so pretty!

I am trying to get that flat tummy as well and also shaving some fat from my thighs. I hope you are successful in your journey! :)
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I just want to fit better in my clothes. And I'd like to wear my bikini again
  • jlking523
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you!!!! We'll both reach our goals girl!
  • Dansgirl4910
    Dansgirl4910 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    jlking523 wrote: »
    I know.... But

There is no "but" in this situation. Rationalize your use of a waist trainer all you'd like however rationalization does not change reality.
  • jlking523
    Options
    I know the reality... BUT (another one) I LIKE WAIST TRAINING. Thanks though.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I know.... But I work out in it and it honestly has made my waist smaller, and I sweat more in it.
    You sweat more because your skin can't release heat. Same thing would happen if you wore a plastic bag around your body. And it ain't fat that's being released. It's water. Water weight returns when you drink water.
    This isn't the first time I've discussed this with females on the topic. I've discussed it for over 20 years. And SCIENCE doesn't support what celebrities want you to believe. Whether you want to believe it or not, fat loss comes from calories in versus calories out. There are no magic or special ways to achieve it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• brianpperkins
    Options
    I know the reality... BUT (another one) I LIKE WAIST TRAINING. Thanks though.

You like something that doesn't work and is actually counter to your stated goal .... ok. It seems you chose what you like over what makes sense, is sustainable, works, and meets your goal.
  • jlking523
    Options
    But that's the thing... It works for me. May not work for everyone else. Until you've tried it, you can't say it doesn't work, and you especially can't say it doesn't work for me... Not here to argue, I'm here for motivation... You're not doing a good job at that, soooo.... Bye. ☺️
  • jlking523
    Options
    And I didn't say there was a magical way to achieve it! I know it takes more than a damn waist trainer... But I also want a smaller waist... It has been making my waist smaller for years.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    But that's the thing... It works for me. May not work for everyone else. Until you've tried it, you can't say it doesn't work, and you especially can't say it doesn't work for me... Not here to argue, I'm here for motivation... You're not doing a good job at that, soooo.... Bye. ☺️

Apparently it doesn't work for you or you wouldn't have had the need to start this thread. Motivation by lying to people about their chosen path is not motivation ... it's enabling at best.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people want to disregard the obvious to support their choices that aren't doing what they want.

• jlking523
    Options
    In my thread I said I've been slacking lately... When i first started losing weight I was waist training... And it was helping. I just have to get back on it like I was. Again.... Bye.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    In my thread I said I've been slacking lately... When i first started losing weight I was waist training... And it was helping. I just have to get back on it like I was. Again.... Bye.

The waist training isn't what does it. Caloric deficit is.

The willful disregard of science is what makes fad diets a multi-billion dollar industry.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    You "think" it works for you. But what you're looking for isn't motivation (that's internal and no one can get you to do something you don't want to), but pacification or justification on what you're doing.
    Anyway, I gave you advice and have trained hundreds of people who were looking for the same thing you're looking for. Hopefully anyone lurking who reads this will understand that experience in the field actually counts.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    So in other words, you got tired of wearing it? Wouldn't it be logical to never take it off then if it works? It's okay to fall for a gimmick if you didn't know about it. Most people have at one time or another. You want to look good naked? You should try to take advice from people that know how to do correctly.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• jlking523
    Options
    Well I still don't see anything wrong with them... They make me feel good. They won't hinder my weight loss.