How do you reward yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Teamhynes
    Teamhynes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My feet take such a beating with the miles I put on them during the week that I get a pedicure like every 2 to 3 weeks. Full spa version with awesome leg massage.
  • davisfun5
    davisfun5 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I choose things that I would not normally do for myself like a pedicure, or a fun piece of costume jewelry, massage something like that. I do it for every 10 pounds I lose. Good luck!
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My first 10% I got a nice haircut.
    My second 10% I bought my fitbit.
    I'm coming up on my third 10% and I haven't decided yet... We just moved to an apartment with a nice big pool. I am thinking about getting a nice swimsuit.
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Rewards for mini goals up to now have been new clothes but that's more out of necessity (which is great B) )
    My goal reward is to finish my tattoo sleeve since by then I won't feel awkward walking around in tee shirts anymore :)
  • WheezynFat
    WheezynFat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I invest in one of my hobbies, either PS4 or I buy myself a new DE razor. Now I write it down it sounds weird
  • daniellepstewart209
    daniellepstewart209 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Never used to 'reward' myself, but now I meet up with friends once a month and don't worry about the calories for that meal. I can look forward to my splurge meal. However I have not cut anything out apart from stuff that makes me sick! Lol if I want chocolate and it's going to fit/ maybe eat back more exercise cal than normal, I eat it! It won't kill me and I know if I don't I will binge on it! So better to have in moderation . My almost 5stone loss reward was completing my first ever 5k obstical course and doing it all! That was the best thing I cod do, made me feel so good! Next year is 10k!
  • dashe546
    dashe546 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I lose 15 pounds I'm going to buy myself one of those newer polar HR monitor watches. I been wanting one for a while but they're a tad bit expensive but I will make it a gift to myself for reaching a small milestone! Losing any amount of weight is hard so why not reward yourself for all your hard wrk

Hey simply_bubbz. I have a polar HR monitor and it is awesome! I really love it because sometimes I don’t know if Im working out hard enough. I hope you like it to when you get yours :-) Thanks for the reply!
  • dashe546
    dashe546 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you response! I liked all your ideas, and I’ve decided that for my next 5,10,15lbs I will buy myself some nice leggings, have a treat meal, and do a color run.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit into old clothes is reward enough :). Plus I can always buy new clothes :)
  • BradandLibby
    BradandLibby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I hit 20 lbs lost I'm going to buy myself something frivolous but something I've wanted for a while-a t-shirt with Eisenhower and Tina Turner on the front: it's an Ike and Tina Turner shirt.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When I hit my first milestone of losing 20 kilos I'm gonna treat myself to the west end musical Wicked in london. And will probably eat whatever I fancy that day.
  • muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The reward of the scale going down is huge to me besides being able to fit in my smaller clothes. So that really is enough but a fun reward I do sometimes is buy cute workout tops or sneakers.
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here! YUP, do what you like, to reward and continue to motivate yourself. For some, rewards help and for others they find their rewards elsewhere. I recently read a quote that hurt, "you're not a dog. stop rewarding yourself with FOOD." Ouch. Now, I still do it sometimes, but that stuck with me.