So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• BrianDavidBy32
    BrianDavidBy32 Posts: 65 Member
    190 lbs. probably 20-25% bad. Want to get down to 150-160. 5'9"
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

If you set a deficit of 20% you'll likely lose about 1.5 pounds per week in the beginning and it will slow as you get closer. You'll also have to adjust as you get closer because your TDEE will drop.
  • BrianDavidBy32
    usmcmp wrote: »

If you set a deficit of 20% you'll likely lose about 1.5 pounds per week in the beginning and it will slow as you get closer. You'll also have to adjust as you get closer because your TDEE will drop.

Thanks - so it sounds like 1.5/lb per week is a good target rate? Or would you recommend 1.0 rate so muscle is persevered better?
  • usmcmp

Thanks - so it sounds like 1.5/lb per week is a good target rate? Or would you recommend 1.0 rate so muscle is persevered better?

I don't suggest a target rate, as I have explained before.
  • BrianDavidBy32
    A target result I mean
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited July 2015
    A target result I mean

Just stick with the deficit and let the scale do it's thing. Keep the intensity up in the gym, and your protein adequate.
  • Jen5ishere
    Jen5ishere Posts: 1 Member
    Thanks for the tip.
  • BrianDavidBy32
    How many grams of protein and how many grams of fat should I consume, per pound of body weight? Thanks
  • usmcmp
    How many grams of protein and how many grams of fat should I consume, per pound of body weight? Thanks

I explained that in the first post of this thread.
  • rubyandmani
    rubyandmani Posts: 31 Member
    going to follow this thread. I m very close to my target weight and now I want to work on my pouched belly which have been ruined by two kids.
    I was doing jullian Michael 6 weeks abs before and think will start again in a week time. do you think its good exercise for flat tum? I definitely dont want 6 packs and nor want to build muscles around my shoulder and arms. that what happened last time when I did some lifting by only doing around 2.5 lb weight for a month.

please let me know what exercise I can follow on you tube to achieve my target of flat stomach and hm max weight I should b lifting? I m quite petite.

any suggestion please.
    thanks
  • BrianDavidBy32

I only saw protein of 0.8 not fat
  • usmcmp

I only saw protein of 0.8 not fat

It's personal. There are suggestions out there for minimums, but you need to find the amount of carbs and fats that works for you.
  • usmcmp
    going to follow this thread. I m very close to my target weight and now I want to work on my pouched belly which have been ruined by two kids.
    I was doing jullian Michael 6 weeks abs before and think will start again in a week time. do you think its good exercise for flat tum? I definitely dont want 6 packs and nor want to build muscles around my shoulder and arms. that what happened last time when I did some lifting by only doing around 2.5 lb weight for a month.

please let me know what exercise I can follow on you tube to achieve my target of flat stomach and hm max weight I should b lifting? I m quite petite.

any suggestion please.
    thanks

Just doing ab exercises isn't going to do what the goal of this thread is. Ab exercises don't target ab fat. Overall resistance training does. You think your muscles grow fast despite you not using much weight, so all my suggestions are going to be shot down by you.

I really don't know how to help you. Not because you are petite, but because you stated you were getting big muscles and you were only using 2.5 pound weights for a month. You can try body weight exercises like You Are Your Own Gym. I still think you are going to say that you are developing too much muscle due to how you see your own body and your ideals.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    I have a question about that calculator on the site mentioned in the OP. Where do you typically measure your waist? The directions say BELOW your navel and I have never heard of that. On women, I thought it was supposed to be your smallest area, or above the navel.
  • usmcmp
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    I have a question about that calculator on the site mentioned in the OP. Where do you typically measure your waist? The directions say BELOW your navel and I have never heard of that. On women, I thought it was supposed to be your smallest area, or above the navel.

They only ask for the waist measurement for your waist to height ratio. You don't need to enter that in, it won't impact your results.

The newer calculator I suggest is: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • fatcity66
    edited July 2015

They only ask for the waist measurement for your waist to height ratio. You don't need to enter that in, it won't impact your results.

I wanted to get the BF % estimation. I already know how many calories to eat.
  • usmcmp

I wanted to get the BF % estimation.

Estimating off of measurements is inaccurate. I know they offer it, but it only give you a higher TDEE if you have higher than average levels of lean mass. I think they tell you to measure in a different place because it's based off the men's formula instead of the women's.
  • fatcity66
    edited July 2015

I wanted to get the BF % estimation.

Estimating off of measurements is inaccurate. I know they offer it, but it only give you a higher TDEE if you have higher than average levels of lean mass. I think they tell you to measure in a different place because it's based off the men's formula instead of the women's.

I'm just trying to get an estimation, since I don't have access to a Bodpod, or more accurate methods. And I am rubbish at using calipers.
    Thanks anyway.
  • CurvesCreations22
    CurvesCreations22 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hi. I am new to this group. I need advice on eating and working out. 1. How often and how long do you workout for? 2. To lose weight and get toned, how often do you do strength vs cardio? 3. How often do you eat and do you eat before our after working out? 4. How often do you do abs? How many exercises? Last but not least.... 5. Do you cut out carbs and sugar/processes food? Do you Ray back your calories if you ars trying to loose? Thanks group! ♡♡♡♡♡
  • usmcmp
    Newarski22 wrote: »
    Hi. I am new to this group. I need advice on eating and working out. 1. How often and how long do you workout for? 2. To lose weight and get toned, how often do you do strength vs cardio? 3. How often do you eat and do you eat before our after working out? 4. How often do you do abs? How many exercises? Last but not least.... 5. Do you cut out carbs and sugar/processes food? Do you Ray back your calories if you ars trying to loose? Thanks group! ♡♡♡♡♡

1. I workout for as long as my programming requires. Most lifting programs for beginners can be completed in 30-45 minutes. I run once or twice per week for about 20 minutes each time.
    2. That's going to depend on the type of program you choose. You could do a program that does full body twice per week or divides the body up into 3 days per week or even 5 days like mine does.
    3. I eat when I am hungry, not a specific number of times per day. I workout on my lunch hour and I can't lift after eating, so I usually eat after I lift. Meal timing for most people should be based on personal preference, not studies.
    4. I didn't do ab exercises until I could see mine. Compound lifts did most of the work. Now I do them maybe once per week to help with the lagging areas.
    5. I still eat sugar and processed food and carbs. I did have to cut back on certain things due to how calorie dense they were, but I never cut anything out completely.
    6. Using the TDEE method counts your exercise into the number, so my exercise is already accounted for. That means I log workouts as 1 calorie burned.

This isn't really a "group" it's just a post that I wrote a long time ago to help people realize they don't have to starve themselves, quit eating foods they love, or run hundreds of miles to have a flat belly.