thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    For some people, sure. For me, probably not because pregnancy REALLY widened my hips.
  • Rimfakse
    Rimfakse Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lia_1992 wrote: »
    Can you ever get down to the size you were when you were about 19/20?! Obviously hard work but is it doable?!

I am the size I was when I was 16 :)
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh less than I did when I was 19(I'm 31 now)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Yes for sure. I didn't have visible abs at 19 but have them now at double that age
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yep,I was a size 9/10 when I was 19/20(almost 41 years old now). went to a size 18 over the last 10 years and am now in a 10 even though I weigh 25lbs more than I did when I was 19/20. now the 10s are getting too big. so I will be even smaller size wise than I was back then.And I had 2 kids
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When I was 19/20 I was living in a developing country, in a household with a very bad cook and no food around. I was also walking at least 15 miles most days and doing a ton of dancing.

So...maybe. :)

I am still a ways from my goal, but I am certainly thinner now at 40 than I was from 25-35.

ETA: Oh, CLOTHING size. I think that I am wearing smaller jeans now than I did at that age. My body certainly is not smaller, so I think that size inflation is at play...but that's 20+ years in my case.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yep. Since it's only 4-5 years since you were a size 8, I don't think vanity sizing will affect you. I'm in a size 14 which didn't exist when I would've worn it 35 years ago.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 now!

Oh-em-gee! You're 24 and want to get back to where you were, like, FOUR WHOLE YEARS AGO? Wow...that's like, totes impossible.

Are you for real?

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 now!

Oh-em-gee! You're 24 and want to get back to where you were, like, FOUR WHOLE YEARS AGO? Wow...that's like, totes impossible.

Are you for real?

Totes ridic
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Can you ever get down to the size you were when you were about 19/20?! Obviously hard work but is it doable?!

Yes
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 now!

Are you for real?

And her size was 8-10 and is now 10-12. I'm missing something I think?

Yes, OP, you can go down a size or two. Just eat less.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Zeus I hope not. That would be a lot of weight for me to gain.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Maybe she went through early menopause or has some medical condition that would affect the CO part of CICO. And if that's the case, it would've been helpful to know up front.

Otherwise, it's just crazy to think that when you're 24 your body is so vastly different from what it was when you were 20 that it would be impossible to get back to that size/weight.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Of course. I've already done it. :)

Clothing sizes done really apply for me because they've changed them so much. I went into high school wearing a 10/12, but that was at 125 pounds. Now I'm in a 12 at 165. Back then, this was like a size 16/18.

I wish there were a chart that compared sizes, like a Then and Now thing.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOL at 53 I will not see my weight at 20....but then those who knew me thought I was anorexic! :-) Anyway I sure you can do it!
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    With a lot of hard work, it's possible, but not what I want at my age - 52.

When I was 19/20 years old, I weighed 100 lbs. soaking wet. On my 5'3 frame, I was too skinny for my liking. I feel I look better in the 117 - 125 range.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Um