Craziest thing you've ever done

Options
ashley1215
ashley1215 Posts: 2,199 Member
ct92wtjwd514.jpg
For me it was probably bungee jumping upside down and backwards at a fair lol. Or going into this place in north Philly for BBQ that has an average of 3 shootings a night or something... But darn good BBQ that Dwights was mmmmm

Replies

• Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    police chase on a motorcycle
  • ashley1215
    Options

Did you outrun them?
  • Inalienable_Property_of_www
    Options
    I don't deliberately do crazy things, but in hindsight some crazy things have happened to me (although I didn't really recognise them as such, but some of my friends have), partly because of my generally apathetic/indifferent attitude towards life/other people in it (I don't think I have to be cautious even when I should) and also due to random occurrences, I guess.

My family was held "gun point" by a heroin addict (after my ex-Soviet military dad got him in chokehold, it turned out to be a replica gun.) ..It was because we were remodeling our house and were making too much noise, guy was coming down hard.

When I was around five there were loads of car bombs being set of where I lived (Russian mafia dealing with.. well, their own I guess.) My windows got almost blown off. It was the early days of Estonian re-independence from Soviet Union, things weren't going very smoothly.

I narrowly escaped being stabbed.

A guy who got stabbed (ex-con whose family lived near my grandparents) bled all over our rug while we were calling ambulance.

Saw a girl break her neck and seize, pulled my friends away to make room for emergency trained security people to come help.. only to watch them pull her into a sitting position from the straps of her bag. I doubt she ever walked after this. :/

Haha, and I'm not even from a place with a high crime rate or anything.. I just always happen to be present when something statistically odd is happening. It's almost a talent.
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Picked my nose.... :grimace::joy:

No really I'd say doing something naughty in a public place.. Police seen... And we ran as fast as our legs could carry us while they were following in the car haha :joy:
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options
    ashley1215 wrote: »

Did you outrun them?

Yeah, went up some stairs!
  • ashley1215
    Options
    Krompskont wrote: »
    I don't deliberately do crazy things, but in hindsight some crazy things have happened to me (although I didn't really recognise them as such, but some of my friends have), partly because of my generally apathetic/indifferent attitude towards life/other people in it (I don't think I have to be cautious even when I should) and also due to random occurrences, I guess.

My family was held "gun point" by a heroin addict (after my ex-Soviet military dad got him in chokehold, it turned out to be a replica gun.) ..It was because we were remodeling our house and were making too much noise, guy was coming down hard.

When I was around five there were loads of car bombs being set of where I lived (Russian mafia dealing with.. well, their own I guess.) My windows got almost blown off. It was the early days of Estonian re-independence from Soviet Union, things weren't going very smoothly.

A guy who got stabbed (ex-con whose family lived near my grandparents) bled all over our rug while we were calling ambulance.

Saw a girl break her neck and seize, pulled my friends away to make room for emergency trained security people to come help.. only to watch them pull her into a sitting position from the straps of her bag. I doubt she ever walked after this. :/

Haha, and I'm not even from a place with a high crime rate or anything.. I just always happen to be present when something statistically odd is happening. It's almost a talent.

Oh my god. Speechless. That is insane. I'm sorry you have been through all of that but I bet it has made you partly who you are today
  • ashley1215
    Options

Did you outrun them?

With a motorcycle?!
  • rowantb
    rowantb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Been held at gun point before (worked out fine obviously), been bitten by tigers on a few occasions (again nothing severe), worked with some of my favourite musicians... Can't think of any others right now but I'm sure they'll come to me...

Oh yeah I accidentally stayed in a sex hotel with my mate once, we were severely dehydrated after cycling 60 miles in severe heat and humidity and just wanted somewhere to stay... We stopped at the first place we could see and couldn't understand why everyone was laughing due to the language barrier until we got into our room and it was themed around a space ship and there was a massive mirror above the bed... At about two in the morning someone tried to break in so we had to barricade the door with our bikes and camera gear. We didn't get much sleep understandably and left at sun rise lol
    Options
    Oh my god. Speechless. That is insane. I'm sorry you have been through all of that but I bet it has made you partly who you are today

It's fine, like I said - I didn't even realise it might be considered odd and none of those things really scared me at the time or later. Except for bombings, I remember being anxious about them, because cars were parked right outside the houses and I lived on the ground floor.. and to a five year old they seemed random.

Other than that, I probably should have been an EMT or something, because I feel energised by these situations and can retain calmness.. unlike my boyfriend, haha.
    Options
    rowantb wrote: »
    Been held at gun point before (worked out fine obviously), been bitten by tigers on a few occasions (again nothing severe), worked with some of my favourite musicians... Can't think of any others right now but I'm sure they'll come to me...

Oh yeah I accidentally stayed in a sex hotel with my mate once, we were severely dehydrated after cycling 60 miles in severe heat and humidity and just wanted somewhere to stay... We stopped at the first place we could see and couldn't understand why everyone was laughing due to the language barrier until we got into our room and it was themed around a space ship and there was a massive mirror above the bed... At about two in the morning someone tried to break in so we had to barricade the door with our bikes and camera gear. We didn't get much sleep understandably and left at sun rise lol

That reminds me of my friends and their experiences in Amsterdam (it's always Amsterdam.. tell me the sex hotel thing happened in Amsterdam..)
  • rowantb
    rowantb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Haha no it was in the middle of rural Thailand somewhere between Bangkok and Kanchanburi. Pretty sure I've got some stories from Amsterdam as well though lol
  • ashley1215
    Options
    Omg you guys make my life seem like cake. I mean I've seen some crazy shiii but nothing like that lol. I guess I haven't lived
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options

Did you outrun them?

With a motorcycle?!

Yup, off road bike. In London its the best way to get away. I've also been stabbed twice.
  • ashley1215
    Options

Did you outrun them?

With a motorcycle?!

Yup, off road bike. In London its the best way to get away. I've also been stabbed twice.

So is that where the stabbems comes from? Lol
  • kpop82
    kpop82 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager my friends and I would throw bologna at cars...
    We were *kitten*.
    But I'm an MMA fighter so willingly being physically assaulted wins.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options
    :# my lips are sealed!
  • ashley1215
    Options
    kpop82 wrote: »
    When I was a teenager my friends and I would throw bologna at cars...
    We were *kitten*.
    But I'm an MMA fighter so willingly being physically assaulted wins.
    I want to be your friend in real life lol.
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Krompskont wrote: »

woah.....and here i was gonna say i once picked up a hitchhiker who ended up buying me breakfast.
    Options
    rowantb wrote: »
    Haha no it was in the middle of rural Thailand somewhere between Bangkok and Kanchanburi. Pretty sure I've got some stories from Amsterdam as well though lol

Thailand would've been my second guess. Haha.

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I stole a purse from the mall once! Also, walking back to our car after a Kelly Clarkson concert in the fair grounds of our little town, two rival gangs shot at each other right in front of us.