Name your favorite superfood

Options
What are the perceived benefits of them on your body etc.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Pizza.

It's super tasty.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Chocolate fudge pop-tarts

They're super.

Poptarts :s
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Ice cream with protein powder. Plenty of carbs, protein, fat, and taste.

My perceived benefits are plenty of carbs, protein, fat, and taste.
  • Southkillah
    Southkillah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Was expecting some nutritional powerhouses but y'all railed me of the tracks lol.
    I feel bad I don't know what pop-tarts are or how do they taste like, heard a lot about them tho.
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Was expecting some nutritional powerhouses but y'all railed me of the tracks lol.
    I feel bad I don't know what pop-tarts are or how do they taste like, heard a lot about them tho.

They're an American thing, found some in the UK so I thought I'd try them. It's 2 pastry crusts with a filling and on top there is icing.

Just tastes of bleurgh to me.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Most of what was listed here is nutritionally powerful.

• Southkillah
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

true true, but I think of micro's too though. that's what I initially thought of.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

true true, but I think of micro's too though. that's what I initially thought of.

Nah, the 4 macronutrients are carbs, fats, proteins and tastiness. Tastiness is the most important.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options

Centrum Silver.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    superman_cake_1.gif
  • Southkillah
    Options

That's because "superfoods" aren't really a thing. It's another marketing term. Plenty of foods out there are nutritionally powerful, as you put it.

If you put this the hype-way yeah, however there are some foods that nutritionally stand out more than the other ones, hence the term - superfoods. People just pust too much emphasis on this word, that's the problem.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Soylent.

But really, only charlatans endorse any particular superfood, because they earn money from doing so, not because any food is miraculous.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Whole foods overall are more nutritionally dense than packaged/processed foods. As mentioned there are no real "superfoods" out there, just difference in nutrient density.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Most of those have tons of micronutrients.

What exactly are you asking for...?
  • Southkillah
    edited July 2015
    Options
    and when I think about it more thoroughly, it's not much about the nutritional density then it is about the benefits I like about certain foods. there are some " foods " that I would spend most of my day writing praises about like for example garlic, ginger, cinnamon, chilli and such. I know these are not proper foods, but you know what I mean. However I agree with the whole unprocessed food thing above.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Oh, well, yeah, I like garlic, ginger, and cinnamon, but I don't think they're anything around which I'd arrange my eating.

My protein powder is substantially processed. It's also very nearly 100% protein. That's pretty nutritionally dense.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
    Dark chocolate.
    Pinot Grigio.