Name your favorite superfood

Options
2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Donuts, cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. ;)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm guessing many of the responses are sarcastic, but am not sure.

What are the superfoods? Is there a list or is it a thing everyone makes up for themselves?

If raspberries are one, I'll pick those.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    63318016.jpg

Seriously, variety is king.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    What are the perceived benefits of them on your body etc.

Ice cream!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    63318016.jpg

Seriously, variety is king.

food-pizza-Favim.com-375444.gif
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a fan of the term superfood either but I understand what you mean, which is what is important.

For me it's red berries every time. Love them all!
  • Fitdoge
    Fitdoge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This thread dissolved into a pizza-loving disaster pretty quickly. I'll throw my hat into the ring anyway, though. I actually love to eat apples. They make me feel so freshened up, and they're so tasty and crisp and refreshing, gosh. Apples. I have no idea what super foods are from a technical aspect but apples should be one of them.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Lacto-fermented vegetables, such as sauerkraut in a salt brine. Why? They are are full of probiotics and fiber, which is preboitic. It helps restore a happy gut biome. With optimal gut flora, you will better absorb the nutrients from other foods. It is very easy to make lacto-fermented vegetables yourself. All you need is vegetables and salt.
  • Southkillah
    Southkillah Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    Lacto-fermented vegetables, such as sauerkraut in a salt brine. Why? They are are full of probiotics and fiber, which is preboitic. It helps restore a happy gut biome. With optimal gut flora, you will better absorb the nutrients from other foods. It is very easy to make lacto-fermented vegetables yourself. All you need is vegetables and salt.

this is very interesting, thanks. found a site that sell stuff that can help you with this lacto-fermentation process - pickl-it, do you use this or you do this all by yourself with what you have at home?
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    superman_cake_1.gif

Damn, some one else got to it first, i was going to say anything from krypton.