Keto Friends?

Options
Started doing the Keto diet about 3 1/2 weeks ago... Looking for friends doing this similar diet to help :)

Replies

• beckaq777
    beckaq777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've also been trying to to low carb/ keto Feel free to add me I have a open diary. I'm not perfect though
  • somegurl2891
    somegurl2891 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel it's pretty hard to be perfect. We all have our flaws and non-perfect times. It's about knowing people out there who is participating in something similar and can help each other stay on track or suggest things, etc. Keto is new to me but I feel I can make this change finally. :)
  • neetaty
    neetaty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ladies. I have been on keto since jam 13 and gave lost 43 pounds and feel wonderful. I agree we are not perfect we do what we can and have good and bad days.
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know more about this? What does a typical day look like?
  • hermalyn
    hermalyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out the low carb....been doing this for about a month.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    ElisaJtsu wrote: »

Meat, eggs, cheese, fish etc with low carb green veg.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I would recommend joining the keto group or the low carb group. They probably have a lot more detail that you will be looking for.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I would recommend joining the keto group or the low carb group. They probably have a lot more detail that you will be looking for.

This. There are people that just stick to those forums who do low carb and keto. Plus there are a lot of resources you'll find over there including recipes.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I can't see the content of the latter ??
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

I can't see the content of the latter ??

I believe you have to join to be able to view it.
  • MCFQOE
    MCFQOE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Switching from low carb to KETO today, and I'd love to give and receive so support too. New-ish to MFP (12 days) , please feel free to invite me as your friend.
  • MCFQOE
    Options

• MCFQOE
    Options
    Great blog for learning: Mark's Daily Apple.

I just started last night, with looking for keto references on Pinterest. Found lots of great stuff. Not everyone has a perfect understanding, so read a bit as you dive in.

Shoot for 80% of calories from fat, 15% of calories from protein, 5% of calories from carbohydrate. Stick to non-starchy vegetables and lots of deep dark greens. No grain or sweets at all.
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Started back at it today =)
  • xmikeyw
    xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Started doing the Keto diet about 3 1/2 weeks ago... Looking for friends doing this similar diet to help :)

Count me in
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

For me:
    Meal 1 = 2 slices bacon, 1 egg, coffee with coconut cream
    M2 = coffee with coconut cream
    M3 = 1 can of tuna in water, 1/2 avocado, 1 celery stalk, 1 Tbs mayo
    M4 = pepperoni stick or cheese slice or some nuts
    M5 = 4 oz steak, small brocoli slaw salad with full fat ranch dressing

I'm eating between 1400 and 1800 calories per day.
  • somegurl2891
    somegurl2891 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have different things for dinner (Keto Meatloaf, No Shell Taco's, Zucchini Lasagna, Bacon Cheeseburgers, and a salad on the side if there is room) and usually some sort of bacon and eggs for breakfast. I eat two larger meals typically each day because that is what works better for me. Breakfast is usually a larger meal for me. I then usually snack on pepperoni and cheese sticks or use a Quest bar when needed.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Today's menu
    M1 = Protein shake with 3 eggs, 4oz heavy whipping cream and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    M2 = 3 Cups of Chinese shrimp and vegetables in lobster sauce
    M3 = 7oz Rib-eye, 4 fried eggs, 1 tbsp butter
    Intermittently drank 2 cups of coffee as well with 2oz heavy whipping cream each