• babyleonard5
    babyleonard5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just looked and it's around 50 bucks on Amazon.. lol
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Get yourself a Fitbit if you can. I went with the cheapest one - the Zip. Clip it on to your waistband and it records your steps and then transfers your extra calories earned to your MFP diary. It's brilliant, simple and very motivating when you can see your efforts translating into actual calories burned.

I am on disability and doubt I can afford it.. rarely get anything "extra". I did download Google Fit but it doesn't sync to this and I don't know how accurate it is since it's on my phone which is not always in my pocket or I just don't have pockets. Guess we'll see! I mean I'm always below calorie goal and I'm moving around.

You can purchase a regular pedometer for much less than a Fitbit if you want to know how many steps you are taking.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Way to go babyleonard! So proud of you for beginning this journey. Sounds like you are doing great...just don't give up! I am familiar with the struggle of depression and PTSD. I am so sorry! I can't imagine dealing with those and the others things, but you are off to a great start.

Oh...and when I don't have pockets...and I am walking or counting my steps I just carry my phone. It's a pain but it works. :wink:
  • babyleonard5
    Options
    Way to go babyleonard! So proud of you for beginning this journey. Sounds like you are doing great...just don't give up! I am familiar with the struggle of depression and PTSD. I am so sorry! I can't imagine dealing with those and the others things, but you are off to a great start.

Oh...and when I don't have pockets...and I am walking or counting my steps I just carry my phone. It's a pain but it works. :wink:

Good to know... thanks :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Check out Leslie Sansone's home walking workout videos, they're on YuoTube. I've heard people speak very highly of them.
  • Daiborah
    Daiborah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone of MFP. I'm Daiborah and I am day two into my fitness journey. I am currently 235lbs. I hope things turn around because day 1 I ended up going to the hospital because of chest pain. No workout. All was fine, just a muscle spasm I guess. So, I told myself Day 1 had to be a fluke because it was also my birthday... so, I reserved to start my journey for "real' tmorrow. Well, here it was, Day two and my car wouldn't start- so I couldn't go to the gym to workout. I did stick to my calorie intake and once the sun started going down I walked out my door and just walked for 45 minutes. Like I said, tho... I hope things turn around and this isn't a bad omen. I have often wondered if if I'm just not meant to be fat?

So, I just can't wait to see what "day three" will bring. :|

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a Fitbit if you can. I went with the cheapest one - the Zip. Clip it on to your waistband and it records your steps and then transfers your extra calories earned to your MFP diary. It's brilliant, simple and very motivating when you can see your efforts translating into actual calories burned.

I am on disability and doubt I can afford it.. rarely get anything "extra". I did download Google Fit but it doesn't sync to this and I don't know how accurate it is since it's on my phone which is not always in my pocket or I just don't have pockets. Guess we'll see! I mean I'm always below calorie goal and I'm moving around.

You can get a decent pedometer for about $10-$20 bucks. Try Amazon or Walmart.com (free shipping with an order of $50 or more). Even Walgreens.com has some at ~ $12-15.

• babyleonard5
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

You can get a decent pedometer for about $10-$20 bucks. Try Amazon or Walmart.com (free shipping with an order of $50 or more). Even Walgreens.com has some at ~ $12-15.

Thanks. . Good to know
  • javed1127
    javed1127 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very strong mental attitude M'm.hats off....