Hundred Pushups Challenge -- Join me?!

Options
http://hundredpushups.com/

I've always wanted to be able to do pushups, and until recently havn't been able to do a single one. I got myself up to about 8 regular good form pushups, but just can't seem to push farther then that. I googled (don't laugh) "How to do more pushups" and the first site that came up was this hundredpushups.com. I looked into it, read it... I figured, why not? Its only 3 days a week, for 6 weeks. If I can get even up to 50 consecutive pushups I will be happy. Anyways, I posted the link on my facebook and out of 400 friends TWO we're willing to join me. I figured I might have better luck here. ;) I'm starting tomorrow, monday, wednesday and friday I will train (this is on top of my other workout plan, so I'm hoping its not TOO much... I'm tough, I'll git er done!) Just wanted to know if anyone would like to join me? We could talk about our struggles and acheivments. Tips and techniques. WHO'S IN?!

-Danielle

Replies

• michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! Jillian Michael's 30DS has helped me to to do about 10 in a row....but like you said I'd be happy to do even 50 in a row!!! How should we stay accountable? I will start today too!
  • ashleyxnicole89
    ashleyxnicole89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! What's the plan?
  • pjol79
    pjol79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've always had to do pushups for the Army, but I've been out a year and can't do nearly as many as I used to. This sounds like a fun challenge.
  • joyfulmommaof2
    joyfulmommaof2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I will join you! I have been wanting to do regular pushups... all I do are the girly ones! :)
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :)
  • dawniewest
    dawniewest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    Visit the website and do the "test" to see where you're at, I looked through each week to see what I was getting myself into. It's a little daunting, knowing how much I struggle just to get 8-10 out without falling on my face. But ya, I'm excited for sure! I'm not sure how we stay accountable. lol I'm just going to post on here Monday Wednesday and Friday to tell you guys how I did... I dont think I will really lose or gain inches because of the pushups. I also do push ups with my program and lots of cardio. For me this challenge isn't about weight loss, its just about increasing endurance. I just want a challenge. If you want we could measure inches or something? Let us know how your test goes! I'm level two.
  • d_smith85
    Options
    I did the 30DS a few months ago, but I just did the girly pushups at that point. Since then I've done Slim In 6, Turbofire and am Currently on week two of insanity. I just feel like a huge fluffy mess when it comes to the pushups though, so I hope this helps (it has too right?) lol
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! :) All I can do now is about 15, but I've been slowly working at it..over 6 weeks sounds like a feasible time range to me :)
  • ashleyxnicole89
    Options
    This is going to be crazy tough. I some how managed to do 15. Is there any way to set up a blog that we can all log in keep each other updated?
  • d_smith85
    Options
    Awesome everyone! I'm so impressed with how many people are willing to do this with me! yay!
  • ashleyxnicole89
    Options
    I just checked their site and you can log it with their push up logger which links with face book! That might be an easy way for us all to keep it on track? What do ya think?
  • d_smith85
    Options
    Wikid I didn't even notice that!! I'm so doing it! Maybe I'll even try to make a group? lol
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I couple months ago I started doing the 200 sit up challenge and it was really neat to see the progress. :)
  • michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am level 2 also! I am going to follow the lightweight on the iphone app. Good luck all, it's fun to see all of you interested. I have wanted to do two things in my life physically.....the first was pushups, the second is hulahoop (don't laugh, I can't do it)......maybe this will give me the conidence to persue hulahooping after six weeks!!!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I couldn't hula hoop to save my life either, then I got a weighted one ( 4lbs) and now I can do it. I love my hula hoop.
  • ashleyxnicole89
    Options
    I just logged in threw facebook and set up my stuff. I'll be in SC this week for my wed. and fri. work out so I'll log mine after I get back. Just letting you know so you don't think I bailed lol
  • d_smith85
    Options
    I also really want to hoola hoop, I'm going to be looking for a weighted hoola hoop next time we go into town (very rural girl here)

I'm connected with facebook now.. Maybe I'll start an open group.. one sec, We'll see how that goes! haha
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ooooh yes - count me in! I'd already planned to start tomorrow (also starting Insanity tomorrow, so I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up - phewww!!)

I've actually got the hundred push-ups application on my i-phone which is fabulous and will be linking mine to my facebook page aswell!

We'll all be professional 'pusher-uppers' before long!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day :o)
  • d_smith85
    Options
    I started a facebook group for anyone who wants to join search "100 pushups challenge!"

Insanity is... INSANE! lol You'll notice a difference right away, I know I did!