instant fluctuations in tummy size n collar bones

Options

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    So, it's called bloating. It can be made worse by certain foods if you have a sensitivity/allergy to them (like gluten or dairy) or by eating a lot of sodium. Honestly, though, eat anything and your stomach will look a bit different; where exactly do you think the food goes...? The average person puts on 3-5lbs during the day from food, water, waste etc. And all of that tends to happen in the belly area.

Collarbones, likely lighting based. As in, you see them sometimes when the light is overhead, but not necessarily with natural (sunshine) lighting or so on.

Also, neither of these are really things to look like you're potentially having a minor melt down over, which I'm forced to assume you are because your spelling and grammar are atrocious there, and I'm really attempting to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really are 25 and understand basic bodily functions.

Perhaps I made it clear.. no rude comments . But you skipped it I guess. And you are talking in your mother tongue. English is not my mother tongue. Please don't humiliate someone because of their language or grammatical errors. The only point is the message should be clear. M 25 yes. Any doubt ? Judging my whole personality and everything on basis of how I put my query here with some grammatical errors...??
    Anyways thanks for your valuable reply. If u think the person putting query is not rational enough please ignore but do no try to be judgemental. And as far as I know. This app is to maintain fitness , they didn't put any condition that a person should be excellent in English n grammer before joining this app.
    Thanks

I apologize if you were offended; if you read the first two paragraphs of my initial reply, it perfectly answers your question.

Everyone's body changes, especially their tummy area, throughout the day as they eat food, drink water, and produce waste. There isn't a single person immune to that. Anyone you're seeing that you think looks perfect either hasn't eaten that day, is under very carefully positioned lights etc on TV, or is only in your mind perfect because (like all of us) you have body image issues. We're always our toughest critics. Having a low body fat percentage can make you look less bloated, but even fitness models don't look perfect after a hamburger (or a smoothie, or anything).

What we're trying to point out is that you've chosen to fixate and stress about something entirely not within your control. My comment wasn't rude, I was just pointing out that as an adult; you know better. You know your body digests food; you know that it doesn't magically poof into thin air when you swallow it, so therefore you logically know why your stomach looks bigger. Again, you can look at the foods that do it to you the worst and avoid those (maybe you have a gluten or dairy sensitivity, maybe you're just someone who bloats easily) but beyond that, you're stuck with the hand life dealt you.

Also, the collarbones, could just be a genetic thing for you; not everyone's are clearly visible all the time, especially if their body fat is still higher than ideal. Your ticker shows you're still looking to lose weight; chances are they may be more visible (And your tummy more flat) at your goal.

Focus on your goals, have realistic expectations of yourself and your body, and you'll save yourself a whole lot of unnecessary stress.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    <<<currently has tummy bloat due to breakfast smoothie.

Awwwww

I made that comment so you would understand it is normal...I wouldn't have noticed it 30lbs ago but now I do...

my sister who is 117-120lbs normally gets it too...perfectly normal esp after eating and if you are smaller/small you notice it more.
  • shikhakaushal89
    shikhakaushal89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So, it's called bloating. It can be made worse by certain foods if you have a sensitivity/allergy to them (like gluten or dairy) or by eating a lot of sodium. Honestly, though, eat anything and your stomach will look a bit different; where exactly do you think the food goes...? The average person puts on 3-5lbs during the day from food, water, waste etc. And all of that tends to happen in the belly area.

Collarbones, likely lighting based. As in, you see them sometimes when the light is overhead, but not necessarily with natural (sunshine) lighting or so on.

Also, neither of these are really things to look like you're potentially having a minor melt down over, which I'm forced to assume you are because your spelling and grammar are atrocious there, and I'm really attempting to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really are 25 and understand basic bodily functions.

Perhaps I made it clear.. no rude comments . But you skipped it I guess. And you are talking in your mother tongue. English is not my mother tongue. Please don't humiliate someone because of their language or grammatical errors. The only point is the message should be clear. M 25 yes. Any doubt ? Judging my whole personality and everything on basis of how I put my query here with some grammatical errors...??
    Anyways thanks for your valuable reply. If u think the person putting query is not rational enough please ignore but do no try to be judgemental. And as far as I know. This app is to maintain fitness , they didn't put any condition that a person should be excellent in English n grammer before joining this app.
    Thanks

I apologize if you were offended; if you read the first two paragraphs of my initial reply, it perfectly answers your question.

Everyone's body changes, especially their tummy area, throughout the day as they eat food, drink water, and produce waste. There isn't a single person immune to that. Anyone you're seeing that you think looks perfect either hasn't eaten that day, is under very carefully positioned lights etc on TV, or is only in your mind perfect because (like all of us) you have body image issues. We're always our toughest critics. Having a low body fat percentage can make you look less bloated, but even fitness models don't look perfect after a hamburger (or a smoothie, or anything).

What we're trying to point out is that you've chosen to fixate and stress about something entirely not within your control. My comment wasn't rude, I was just pointing out that as an adult; you know better. You know your body digests food; you know that it doesn't magically poof into thin air when you swallow it, so therefore you logically know why your stomach looks bigger. Again, you can look at the foods that do it to you the worst and avoid those (maybe you have a gluten or dairy sensitivity, maybe you're just someone who bloats easily) but beyond that, you're stuck with the hand life dealt you.

Also, the collarbones, could just be a genetic thing for you; not everyone's are clearly visible all the time, especially if their body fat is still higher than ideal. Your ticker shows you're still looking to lose weight; chances are they may be more visible (And your tummy more flat) at your goal.

Focus on your goals, have realistic expectations of yourself and your body, and you'll save yourself a whole lot of unnecessary stress.

I read each para and everything clearly .. every comment here is valuable and knowledgeable..
    Thankyou for taking out time and describing whole thing to me clearly.
    I do have realistic aims and before being a kid or an adult we are humans first. And most importantly age has nothing to do with the amount of knowledge one carriesin brain. A ssixty year old person might be knowing nothing about diets n health but a 20 year old might be an excellent nutritionist or trainer. We all are here to learn from one another.
    And one who is adult , his or her conduct and gestures speaks for him or her ...that person is wise and feels no need to mention that he or she is adult.
    Once again thankyou for adding info to my knowledge bank.. :-)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    your tummy sticks out after you eat? where do you think food goes when you eat???
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options

Yup..that's true...depends on posture a lot. But some people , no matter how they stand or sit..their collar bones appear in same way.. may be one needs to be too thin for that.. any remedies for tummy to get back to shape intact ...after meals ??

My collar bones are always on display. I carry very little of my fat on my shoulders and arms. It is genetic. It is not a sign of health or fitness and not really something that you can diet or exercise you way to. Also, people in the media (on tv, movies, magazines) are supposed to look better than they do normally, that is their job. Actresses on the red carpet probably don't eat before hand so that they look perfect in their dresses. This isn't something to aspire to. Bodies change over the course of the day, that's good it means that we are adaptable.

Very nicely described... thankyou.. :-)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    One thing to think about is over-evaluating yourself. Don't look too hard at yourself in the mirror. No one else is looking at you in so much detail when you are out and about. we are all our own worst critic, but you seem to be taking that to the next level. Even people with perfectly flat tummies get a little pooch now and then; it's caused by diet, hormones, and many other things. Celebrities have these things happen to them too; this is why they all wear Spanx under their clothes when they do interviews (because God forbid we all embrace what we just look like).
    Just learn to love yourself as you are, dear, and stop starting at each individual part of yourself. Look at the whole picture and see the beautiful young woman you are.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    One thing to think about is over-evaluating yourself. Don't look too hard at yourself in the mirror. No one else is looking at you in so much detail when you are out and about. we are all our own worst critic, but you seem to be taking that to the next level. Even people with perfectly flat tummies get a little pooch now and then; it's caused by diet, hormones, and many other things. Celebrities have these things happen to them too; this is why they all wear Spanx under their clothes when they do interviews (because God forbid we all embrace what we just look like).
    Just learn to love yourself as you are, dear, and stop starting at each individual part of yourself. Look at the whole picture and see the beautiful young woman you are.

Yes right. :-) thank you.. yes I love myself.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your fixating a bit too much on those areas of your body. The less fat you have on your abdomen, the more noticeable any bloat after eating will be, and there's nothing you can do about your collar bones - I think their prominence at any given weight is largely genetic.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    stop comparing yourself to other people.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I think it is that you notice it on yourself and not on others. It happens to everyone....the tummy thing, not the collarbones. You say you see other people not get it, but yep....they do. Food goes into your stomach and takes up space. You didn't notice when you were more overweight because fat was there, but now with less fat you can see the difference. It happens to "thin" people all the time, but it is barely noticeable to others. That's the good news....it is barely noticeable to others.

As for the collarbone thing...it's posture, lighting and genetics. Not much you can do there.

Yes.right... thanks :-)
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    It sounds like your fixating a bit too much on those areas of your body. The less fat you have on your abdomen, the more noticeable any bloat after eating will be, and there's nothing you can do about your collar bones - I think their prominence at any given weight is largely genetic.
    Sounds logical...thnx
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options

I was thinking the same thing.

OK. So according to you age matters a lot. The bigger this number is the more knowledgeable one becomes. Every 60 year old knows everything about body functioning and every teenage must be stupid with no knowledge... OK I got it...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

OK. So according to you age matters a lot. The bigger this number is the more knowledgeable one becomes. Every 60 year old knows everything about body functioning and every teenage must be stupid with no knowledge... OK I got it...

are you hangry OP?
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options

are you hangry OP?

Nope dear.infact I am a bit relieved now. Fitness weight n all physical things can still get amended anytime . But there exists people with bigger challenges. I wish some app comes up like mymentalpal or mymaturepal where people can learn to speak politely , think rationally ;-) this is not the first time , I posted some queries before also, leaving the main thing people here started insulting me because of my grammatical errors and were comparing my age with level of qs .... these people turn out to demotivate even more..
    Between what does OP stands for? Sorry Idk
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

are you hangry OP?

Nope dear.infact I am a bit relieved now. Fitness weight n all physical things can still get amended anytime . But there exists people with bigger challenges. I wish some app comes up like mymentalpal or mymaturepal where people can learn to speak politely , think rationally ;-) this is not the first time , I posted some queries before also, leaving the main thing people here started insulting me because of my grammatical errors and were comparing my age with level of qs .... these people turn out to demotivate even more..

Original Poster - it refers to you, who started the thread.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

are you hangry OP?

Original Poster - it refers to you, who started the thread.

Okay .. thanks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    More than likely, you're over conscious about everything you're doing with weight loss. My advice is to quit comparing yourself to others because no one (with the exception of identical twins) has the same genetics as you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »

are you hangry OP?

I am glad you are relieved. I also think that when claiming that everyone needs to be positive and not negative in this thread, I would say that applies to you as well. I find a good number of replies in this thread to be rude as well.

I'm glad you got your answer. Good luck to you.

That's really strange... I m.polite to everyone here... don't know what made you think that wayi.. seriously.... I replied to every comment nicely... please dont say I m negative...
This discussion has been closed.