Just Venting

Options
Dex37
Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
So my wife and I are in decent shape and try to stay active. My wife is 5'5" 138lb and due to have our next daughter in 40 days. People at the gym have been giving nasty looks and I am just tired of it. I am not judging those obese people for going to the gym, so don't judge my wife. I'm sorry that my wife works out harder than you and looks better than you. It is not her fault that you got fat. So keep your thoughts and dirty looks to yourself. I am very proud of my wife and happy that she will bounce back to her 120lb body only weeks after giving birth.

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Dex37 wrote: »
    So my wife and I are in decent shape and try to stay active. My wife is 5'5" 138lb and due to have our next daughter in 40 days. People at the gym have been giving nasty looks and I am just tired of it. I am not judging those obese people for going to the gym, so don't judge my wife. I'm sorry that my wife works out harder than you and looks better than you. It is not her fault that you got fat. So keep your thoughts and dirty looks to yourself. I am very proud of my wife and happy that she will bounce back to her 120lb body only weeks after giving birth.

DYEIB (do you even irony, bro)?

There are only fat people at your gym?
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're giving you dirty looks because you come across as a stuck up a-hole. Just a thought.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Paranoid much?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In... so in.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Childish thread is childish...
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Good on you for sticking up for your wife. I'm sure my husband would say the same about me. Let me ask you this. Is it possible these people, no matter how well intended, might think your wife may be working too hard for being as far along as she is and don't know how to express their concerns? I assume her doctor has given her the go ahead to work out while pregnant and I understand that it's none of anyone's business, but you must also understand that it's human nature to be curious. Could it be that they admire her and it just comes across as negative somehow?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

DYEIB (do you even irony, bro)?

There are only fat people at your gym?

Sounds like it at his gym. The gym of only fat people who "judge his wife".
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    Is it a boy or girl?

What part of "our next daughter" didn't you read?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    829ps6.jpg
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    OP's plans for his child?
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well I understand that not everyone is educated about pregnancy and they may have concerns about her working out. She is healthy and doesn't have any issues with the baby and it isn't our first child.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Not judging the obese people but totally judging them. Maybe they're just reacting to the nasty looks you and your perfect wife give them for being such sad fatties?

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

@Dex37 Oh the irony...
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just because they are looking doesn't mean they are judging. Could be thinking, "wow she looks great for being pregnant".

..... so don't judge my wife. I'm sorry that my wife works out harder than you and looks better than you. It is not her fault that you got fat.....

And as someone who got fat during all 3 of my pregnancies, seriously? You are posting a thread about judging your wife, but in it you are judging other women who gained weight during their pregnancies? Seriously? And I wonder why us fat women feel intimidated/ridiculed about joining the gym.
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    Is it a boy or girl?

What part of "our next daughter" didn't you read?

I think I missed the "daughter" part. Not sure, let me try reading it again.

Yup, I think that's where I messed up. Silly me.

It's ok. We'll let that slide THIS TIME... :smile:
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Not judging the obese people but totally judging them. Maybe they're just reacting to the nasty looks you and your perfect wife give them for being such sad fatties?

Side note: That is a tongue twister if I ever saw one.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Maybe the looks you're seeing are more about the fact that she's obviously pregnant and working out hard rather than some kind of imagined hate because you or she believe she's more fit than they are?
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Because everyone that may be looking at her (or in her general direction) must be thinking bad things about her. Especially all those fatties! Totally!

Perhaps the general public has no idea when it is safe to continue to work out when pregnant or they find her badass or they are thinking they have to fart, but they don't know if it's going to be loud or not, so they hold it in, I mean, unlike you, I'm not a mind reader, so I have no idea. Anyway, who am I to judge...amiriiiite?!

amusd.gif
This discussion has been closed.