Can I do it?

Options
2»

Replies

• tiffyland21
    tiffyland21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well if you are on the big size like bigger frame then you could be 130 looking totally thin, not as small as you could compare to smaller frame girls cause it is just the frame. My friend is around 115-120, I think she is thin and most people agree however her frame is tiny, she still has a lot of meat not stick out bones at all and yeah she is 5'5. She was around 105 in hs. I think you would look great around 125-130 so you probably only need to lose like 25-30 pounds. It would be really doable and healthy weight. GL
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Just do it, making sacrifices now for a long term goal is something I'm just barely learning, and it's so worth it. 2months I'm down like 30lbs. I'm not saying what I did is healthy or what you should do, I'm just sayin with the right discipline and focus, you can easily reach your goal! Gl mate.

@danieltsmoke - do you realize you are encouraging a young woman who is almost within a healthy weight range to drop a very large amount of weight in very short time that will put them in the underweight category?

I think you're being a bit alarmist? Also, I didn't look into her profile, but I don't regret supporting anyone's goals as long as they don't hurt anyone else..Her body, if she wants to be "underweight", I'm to assume her reasons are as valid as my reasons to get thinner, and I'm fine supporting her.

A bit of an alarmist? She'd have to starve herself to reach that goal within that timeframe (or pretty much any time frame).
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't set a time limit on your weight loss. Especially if you're going for permanent weight loss. At 44 pounds overweight you can probably loose a couple of pounds a week, but then like everyone else the weight comes off more slowly the closer you get to goal.

It's just in the math. 3500 calories = 1 pound. So if you're on a 1500 or less calorie consumption, it gets fairly hard to cut that out after a while.

I am at goal weight now, and have been here for a while. I learned to be estastic with a 1 pound loss a week, then happy with a 1/2 pound, 1/4 pound in a week etc.

Just take your time--be patient and you'll get there.
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said - that is far too low a weight for your height. Shoot for somewhere in the 130s and maybe consider a body recomp so you feel better at that size.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's sad that people think it's okay to cheer someone on to being underweight. Seriously. Way to go supporting someone on the road to something that could put their health and mental well being at risk. *smh*

giphy.gif
  • HANBALL236
    HANBALL236 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    HANBALL236 wrote: »
    Um no event really that was just my weight from back when I was in high school and I really loved the way I felt so that's like my dream weight

Most men can't get back to high school weight. A lot of muscle mass is gained after high school, so it wouldn't be healthy to even try. You were a boy then. Shoot for looking like a man.
    Um I'm a female
  • HANBALL236
    HANBALL236 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Just do it, making sacrifices now for a long term goal is something I'm just barely learning, and it's so worth it. 2months I'm down like 30lbs. I'm not saying what I did is healthy or what you should do, I'm just sayin with the right discipline and focus, you can easily reach your goal! Gl mate.

@danieltsmoke - do you realize you are encouraging a young woman who is almost within a healthy weight range to drop a very large amount of weight in very short time that will put them in the underweight category?
    If you think that 8 months is a small time frame please reconsider and also 1.5 lb per week is not a lot of weight and it's a slow and healthy pace

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I think you're being a bit alarmist? Also, I didn't look into her profile, but I don't regret supporting anyone's goals as long as they don't hurt anyone else..Her body, if she wants to be "underweight", I'm to assume her reasons are as valid as my reasons to get thinner, and I'm fine supporting her.

What about hurting their own self?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

If you think that 8 months is a small time frame please reconsider and also 1.5 lb per week is not a lot of weight and it's a slow and healthy pace

OP your goal is to become underweight.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

@HANBALL236
    1.5 lbs a week is a high goal when you are close to a healthy weight. It is not slow and healthy.
    I know exactly what it takes. I went from 175-140/145
    at 5'5 in a span of 4-5 months to compete in a bodybuilding show. I do not recommend it. I ate a very strict diet, weighted everything and worked out constantly. It consumed my life and I struggled afterwards because I was so aggressive with the weight loss and calorie deficit.
    That was going from overweight to healthy weight. You are 2-3 lbs above a healthy weight. As I said earlier, the closer you are to healthy weight the less weight loss per week you can expect.

And, again, your goal weight is not likely realistic or healthy.
    Why not just work on losing weight and evaluate as you go.
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

1.5lb a week is actually a fairly aggressive goal. 2lb a week is the maximum amount considered healthy.

Please reconsider your goal, you could cause a lot of health problems for yourself.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal