Why do you run?

Options

Replies

• Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just love how it feels, beating my last time, every time. Plus it is a GREAT stress relief for me :)
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I started running when I was 44 and going through breast cancer treatments. I keep running because I'm a 56 year old ultra runner and that's just plain cool!! B)
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I run because I love doing triathlons, and running is a requirement. LOL :wink:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    because it was a challenge. I was a "if I'm running, you run too, because something evil this way comes" girl. because I wanted to lose weight and walking wasn't cutting it. because I want to improve my endurance.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I run because with trails like this and a willing running buddy how could I not want to?
    IMG_20150610_155011.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I do it because I enjoy it. And I enjoy the challenge of trying to improve my time/pace. And the extra calories are nice too.

Unfortunately I don't run. I don't have the endurance for it. I can do a slow run for about 3-4 minutes, then I'm done in. Kudos to all you runners out there, who can do miles and miles at a time.
    That's how everyone starts. You improve on it bit by bit. Run 3 minutes, add 10% each workout. Or try a couch to 5k program.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I'm out of ammo.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You are all inspiring me to get back out there! I started running to lose weight and I didn't have the money to join a gym. I kept running because it's effective and nice to be outside. I stopped over the winter because of the snow and tried to get back into it this spring. Unfortunately I used all sorts of excuses to not go (I'm too busy, I can't get up in the morning before work, I just had my appendix out and even though the doctor said I could run, I'm not ready yet...). But I was planning on getting back to it today, and now I definitely will. You've all reminded me of the other reasons it's so great! So thanks. :)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    But I was planning on getting back to it today, and now I definitely will. You've all reminded me of the other reasons it's so great! So thanks. :)

That's great! If you need a goal to keep you at it, consider joining the July Running Challenge - it's never too late, just pick a smaller reasonable goal and build. And then the August challenge. And...

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Highly addicting, but hey, it's OK.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I run so I can go just a little faster then CSARdiver is since he ran out of ammo and the bear is still coming for dinner.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I run because I simply can't imagine NOT running. I have been running for nearly 20 years and when I've had those periods when I couldn't run due to injury or illness, be it a couple of days or a couple of months, I felt like my whole being was out of alignment.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I aspire to do a sprint triathlon, so it's a necessary evil...and it's good cross training...and it's highly portable for travel...but I'd seriously rather be on my bike.
  • jsgosa
    jsgosa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started running last month for basic weight loss reasons. I challenged myself to run 10 miles a week. I love the physical and mental change my body goes through while running. Looking forward to setting some new goals/times this month.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I run because my body is able.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I started running to lose weight and got addicted. Now I run because I love the alone time and it helps with my moods.
    Oh and also so I can eat more :)
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    to eat more and to clear my head
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I run for one reason, and one reason only.

My sanity.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't run. I don't have the endurance for it. I can do a slow run for about 3-4 minutes, then I'm done in.

When I started to run, I could only do short periods at a time. Now I'll quite comfortably run for 3 hours in a session. It takes building up to, and if you can run for 3-4 minutes today, you've got the potential to be running 5km in about 8 weeks and 10Km in about 16 weeks.

Anyway, my main reason for running is that I enjoy it.
    I do it because I enjoy it. And I enjoy the challenge of trying to improve my time/pace. And the extra calories are nice too.

Unfortunately I don't run. I don't have the endurance for it. I can do a slow run for about 3-4 minutes, then I'm done in. Kudos to all you runners out there, who can do miles and miles at a time.
    That's how everyone starts. You improve on it bit by bit. Run 3 minutes, add 10% each workout. Or try a couch to 5k program.

Thank you both! I'll take a look at a C25K program, to see if I'm actually able to do it :)