Healthy chips for dipping?

Options
asyia74
asyia74 Posts: 9 Member
I recently was introduced to hummus, which I love and it is relatively healthy. What I need is an equally healthy "chip" to dip into the hummus. It's a little icky alone - haha. :)

Replies

• emoritz2
    emoritz2 Posts: 27
    Options
    Kale Chips!!! They're very easy and quick to make at home
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Cucumber sticks
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    lays light!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I love dipping cucumber slices in hummus! It's about as low cal as you can get! Also baby carrots. But if you must have a real chip, I would recommend POP Chips, or Stacy's pita chips! Enjoy!
  • jo1302
    jo1302 Posts: 2
    Options
    I like toasted wholemeal pitta bread with mine.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just made kale chips today, they are amazing
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    baked pita chips!
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    I know that I am probably in the minority here, but I recently tried hummus (roasted garlic flavor) and did not care for it. What am I missing about the whole hummus thing?:huh:
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    carrots, cucumber, celery, bell pepper...all amazing dippers for hummus. You can also make your own pita chips as suggested. I even think that a 100 calorie bagel thin, baked with a touch of olive oil and seasoning would be a great low cal dipper.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Cucumber sticks

Oh, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! Awesome, excellent choice! :drinker:
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    yeah toasted pitta is great, but try making chips out of butternut squash, it has fewer calories than sweet potato and normal potato, having said that sweet potato chips (or fries depending on what side of the pond u r) are my favourite with sweet chilli dip, mayo etc.

No need to take the skin off, just cut to chip size and cook in the oven.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I know that I am probably in the minority here, but I recently tried hummus (roasted garlic flavor) and did not care for it. What am I missing about the whole hummus thing?:huh:
    I seriously think it's a taste you either have or not have. There is no in-between, I'm afraid. Have you considered a different flavor?
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    I just made kale chips today, they are amazing

Could you enlighten me on kale chips?
  • OregonCountryGirl
    Options
    So how do you make kale chips???
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    special k chips are really good..
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sensible portions Garden Veggie chips! 38 chips for 130 calories!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

I like some of the Roasted Garlic brands, but far from all of them. The Roasted Red Pepper are almost all good.

Sabra is a great hummus brand.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    So how do you make kale chips???

Would be interested in kale chips too...never heard of them...how do you make them?
  • cscoggins
    cscoggins Posts: 17
    Options
    ok- admittedly- these aren't the MOST healthy option.. but Stacey's Pita Chips are SOO good! (especially with hummus.) If you're short on time, a limited amount isn't such a bad idea. Toasting your own pita chips is pretty easy to do also. :) Be sure to share your findings with us!! :)
  • kretakano
    kretakano Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love raw Kohlrabi cut into thin slices for dipping. It is ridiculous how juicy and crunchy Kohlrabi is. Most underrated veggie ever.