WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody -

Just marking my spot again... I'm so sorry to miss all your thoughts and stories and triumphs and worries. Just a few more days until all my deadlines are met and I have some breathing space! But I am being pretty good with my diet and exercise. Hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow.

-Yvonne in TX
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Sylvia, I love the ending to your post!! Who wouldn’t be happy after your DGS did such a sweet thing preparing for you.

Chris, sorry for your little slip up at work. I guess no one took your panties from the ladies room? Lol Glad you woke up feeling better!

Heather, I hope your next lunch at Rick Stein’s is just wonderful. Be sure to let us know. Was the information received well? Often in the US, if you pass on a problem to the manager, all they do is make excuses. You would think they could learn to say, “thank you for letting me know so I can correct the problem”. I am just a firm believer in the fact that a manager won’t correct a problem if they don’t know about it so that is why I will let them know of a problem.

Betty, congrats on reaching your mini-goal. Keep up the good work.

Lenora, I didn’t think anyone really talked like Paula Deen either, until we moved to SC. I’m a true southerner and I want to rush them up to finish a sentence.

Karla, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. Thanks for putting your name at the bottom of your post and we would love a location, too, general or specific. Come often and chat when you’d like.

Meg, I hope the docs can find something to help DH.

Meg, glad your knee is better as well as being back on the wagon. Now you stay up there, ya hear?

Carol, thanks for checking in. Please don’t overdo. I know you want to get back to work to pay the bills, but your health is important. Just take care.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Well, I’ll say one thing about the line dancing class. It is definitely exercise!!! When I left there today my legs felt like jelly. I guess if I do it long enough it will get easier? At least today I did better at remembering the steps. Our instructor will teach one dance and then play a faster song to do it with and often yet another even faster one. What a work out. Tomorrow DH and I are going to the beach. The humidity is supposed to be a little lower along with the temperature. I’m off to bed.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,597 Member
    Options
    no workout today or tomorrow, driving not riding. this is a first in a lot of years. kirby won't let me. if i showed you pic's of my bruises you would really be horrified. my tongue is even bruised. nite peeps. looooonnnggg day, can't believe i lasted the whole work day
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Becca – I like your hair short, it is cute in the 2010 pic!
    Lesley – I love your posts, you just call it as it is…

Barbie – I love it when my “to do list” is shorter by the end of the day!

Today was a day of working with puff pastry – one of my favorite things.. I like really flaky stuff… and we did 3 appetizers and 3 sweets… small tastes of each (cut a mini muffin size piece into 4 for a taste) and that was that… sent the rest home with the kids or to the office staff. I am getting better at this.

Trying to keep up with the embroidery at the same time.. I end up just plain exhausted.

Found a few minutes to play with my new iphone, and it has a world clock on it.. so added London and Hobart, Tasmania, I can do the us times in my head pretty well, but the others !?

July Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles 7/11 - 57miles so far
    1 plank every day and log here – goal more then 19 - 9
    Log everyday –
    Eat mindfully-
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 – Mom is here for the 4th, and we are going out to dinner –her treat!
    W2 – a new smart phone, my business paid off, a visit from an out of state friend
    Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had to take a cat Trump picture of Max
    xmat29sm98p6.jpg
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I tried to say I love Max Trump, but my post was blank. Had to edit it to fix it.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    no workout today or tomorrow, driving not riding. this is a first in a lot of years. kirby won't let me. if i showed you pic's of my bruises you would really be horrified. my tongue is even bruised. nite peeps. looooonnnggg day, can't believe i lasted the whole work day

I bet it was a long day, please take it easy. . Glad your sweetie is taking good care of you. Be careful and listen to Kirby! Hope you are back to tip top in a few days. :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    NSV - YES, hit 10,000 steps today for the first time. This is the 3rd day of wearing it. Think I'm getting the hang of it. I was so excited running around the house. My hubby was laughing at me. I'm easily entertained, lol.

Janetr7476 OKC
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that you are better Pip - we stayed at the Excalibur when we were in Vegas last month. We had a great time. I had a shot of cortisone in my heel for Planter Fasciitis. I have tried wearing a brace at night for the last 6 months with no real relief. Dr said better insoles and shoes. Not really available in my small town without a lot of expense.
    g still melting in Idaho
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,138 Member
    Options
    We got the bedroom and office cleaned and prepped for painting. I will paint them tomorrow morning. Then we can move our things in. So much to do! It seems to be taking forever. Still no news on when or if we are going to close.

Barbie- great job on the weight lifting. It will get easier as you get stronger.

DJ - your class sounds like a lot of fun! Great exercise too.

Pip - take it easy and rest helps the body to heal.

Kim - I love puff pastry as well. I didn't know what it was until I met my DH. Being in the food industry for 43 years he has introduced me to a lot of new foods. I actually know what you are talking about!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Stats for today
    17,127 steps
    2 hours swimming leisurely pace
    Food 1650 cal

Rosie
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Again, got home too late to read all the messages, but had to celebrate. I hadn't even considered trying on pants smaller than 14s on Saturday, but the waistband on the slacks seemed a bit loose. So today I tried on 12s, and most of them fit! They all had something not quite right, so I didn't buy any. But when I pulled on the first pair, I just looked in the mirror and said, "Well, I'll be ... hornswoggled."
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: I'm glad to see that you're home and recovering. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Terri, wow, that score card is all over the place. Added...do you know why he had a bad day today? Is this his first time at that level and he is just nervous or feels like there is a lot of pressure on him? I know that there is scholarship money riding on these scores but he is still young enough that he has some time left.

Allison, I can't believe I am saying this but give tom a big hug from me. Poor guy. He seems like he tries to be a macho man and he is having to admit that this may be in his mind an inadequecy in him physically. The guy is human and a senior citizen and he is allowed that.

Heather, I think money is the reason that many people go ahead even though by the time of the wedding they know it isn't right. I don't like big weddings. I think they are a big waste. Either the parent are forking out a huge amount of money on it that could be used for a better purpose or the couple themselves are doing it and are in a huge debt by the end of their wedding day. That is no way to start a marriage. And all that planning, and arguing. They are jsut as married if they go before the Justice of peace or a small intimate wedding.

Lisa, woman you are a worker! Don't know how you do it. Good luck with everything. Bottom line is what is important to you.

MJ from Spain welcome!!! Whoever keeps track of the flags needs to put another one up now!!!

Sylvia, that looks more like a bird's nest than a comb over!!! Poor Spot. Isn't it just like kids to wait until their ride gets there and then try to find everything they need! Maybe it would be worth it to go to a Dollar store and buy a cheap pair and keep a pool bag handy that those flip flops go in there and no where else. How precious about what your dear grand son did. It's one of those precious golden moments that we hold close to our hearts.

Pip, so glad to hear from you. So sorry you took a tumble. Did the CT scan show a concussion?

Carey, thanks. Now I know to avoid salt water pools.

Chris, with my MS and my husbands ulcerative colitis, that isn't uncommon for us. But I'm lad it only happens at home and not anytime when we are out or when the kids are here at home. My husband has often said that when he is out doing his Karaoke thing that he will have gas pains and go to the restroom at the bar but nothing is there. But as soon as he pulls into the driveway at home his body and mind get together and tell his colon that it's OK, now you are home and you can let go! I hope no one in the office minded seeing your underwear drying in the bathroom.

Mia, I thought you post said -75 F!!!! But then as I read on it made more sense

Heather, WOW, I am glad I am a property owner in the US. I watch the show on TV called House Hunters international and whenever a family is trying to find a place to live in London, they are renting. London and Paris I think are the most expensive places to live internationally.

janetr, congrats on your first 10,000 step day!

Our Sunday school class had it's monthly lunch today and I completely forgot. I remembered it at 1:30. Now if it was our old nurses group meeting they would still be talking and I could have made it. But these women don't talk that long. The teacher called me today to check on me. Charlie continues to do better on his cortisone but I am trying to warn him that if he isn't on a treatment by the time he is off the cortisone that eventually the bad symptoms will be back. I was noticing today that there is only one empty toilet paper roll in the bathroom trash can. Trash goes out Sunday night so several weeks ago there would have been at least two in there by now and an almost empty roll hanging. With the amount of water I drink and his diarrhea, we go through a lot of toilet paper.

He got a call today about insurance coverage about the IV treatments they are setting up for him. They told him that his doctor was not listed as a provider. We went over and over with her about it. The bill for the colonoscopy has already been taken care of by his insurance so I know that the doctor is a provider. Come to find out it was the place that will be giving the infusions was not covered. So they will check on one of the other places here in town and call us back.

Joyce, Indiana
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Too late to offer a decent post, but had to mention:

Sylvia - LOVED how you Trumped your pooch. Still smiling!

And thank you to those who read the article. I appreciate you taking the time :)

And Chris, when you wake up in the morning, know this faraway friend is thinking of you and sending birthday love your way! It's not easy to be ignored on important days. Maybe be proactive and make plans to do something that makes your heart sing, with or without anyone else. And compile all the birthday wishes from the lovely ladies here to read over and see just how many of us care! Wishing you a marvelous day!

And finally, a photo from tonight's book launch. It was a wonderful success. Feeling blessed.

Goodnight/morning,
    Selena in Utah
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    Chris in Ma.~Happy Happy Birthday love ya lots <3
    well after pain pill slept real well, thank goodness..kitchen floor is done~ thank goodness but Tom went to get another pack of flooring and none to be had. I dont know what gives with these places, they have it then they don't will see if I can order on line..
    I hopped on the scale this morning and still hovering at about 175, I want to get to 120 someday.. but with trying to figure out diet and ,work and stress it has been less than ideal conditions.
    My darling step grandaughters and family sent me a beautiful ceramic hummingbird for my birthday that was just so sweet..
    Pip~ please take care of yourself and heal quickly...
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Chris in MA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :heart: :D

Tina in MD

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Chris - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :drinker:

Joyce - I agree with you about the big weddings. I told my son I was not giving him any money towards his big bash. Most of it was paid for by DDIL's dad and themselves. Instead I paid for the honeymoon. As you know I do approve of holidays! ! :laugh:
    My yoga friend is a single mother who is fairly comfortable, but not rich. This BIG wedding was a stretch for her, with a local ceremony and then a big bash up North where she comes from. There was only a week to go when they cancelled. She is so glad she talked to her son, but she is still reeling from the shock and has hardly slept since. Next week she is going up north to see all the disappointed relatives. :cry:

DJ - I went to Rick Stein's on May 6th for our anniversary. I wrote the Trip Advisor review on May 11th. This new manager contacted me this week by replying to my review on the website and asked me to get in touch with her. I did so and she rang me. We discussed the matter for 20 minutes. Then she offered me a free lunch for two. This is a lunch that will cost at least $150. It's a fish and seafood place. The 29th will see us going back.

Selena - great pic of the book launch! I've done nothing like that for WINDOWS, but I would have to organise it all myself. :ohwell:

Lisa - Sara Paretsky, one of my favourite crime writers, was on WOMAN'S HOUR today on BBC Radio 4. You might be interested in giving it a listen. :flowerforyou:

Posting a couple of pics DDIL sent me. I like them because of the cross gender stereotyping. :laugh:

Love Heather UK

an2b2bzj0ynr.png

da1kx1919tvl.png
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Cross-Dressing - LOL!!!!! My boys played with G.I. Joe dolls; and one Christmas we bought the carrier for them. It was huge - about 6ft. in length and they enjoyed watching me put it together. It stayed in the room off Trey's room that we used as a playroom. Kept their rooms neat to have a place to put their toys. I loved the floor plan of that house; really wanted it with a few changes for the house we built out here; it is rectangular and the living room, dining room and kitchen are on one side; the bedrooms, bath(s) and utility room on the opposite side. Louis just did not want a 2nd story, although the Master bedroom was on the first floor - like he ever went upstairs.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    642442s5am4b2ugx.gif

Chris, do some special things for yourself on your special day.

<3 Barbie