no weight loss since I started

Options
2»

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    sn4k3y wrote: »
    Hi, I've recently put on about a14lbs due to medication. I've now stopped this and been on my diet for 4 days. Problem is I haven't lost anything at all. I have stuck to MFP but getting fedup with no weight loss. Do I have to wait longer? Thanks

Just curious if you gained it all in 4 days? Seriously you need to make sure you are weighing (not measuring) and logging everything. Drink at least 8 cups of water daily. Not give up after 4 days.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    BelaErdos wrote: »
    you can pleasure yourself with a shreaded light cheese.
    Oh my...:O
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    you can pleasure yourself with a shreaded light cheese.
    Oh my...:O

875e7d275e4c2de0d96c8db00f608684.jpg
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    The only thing about *any* soda is that the acid in it is bad for your teeth. So therefore if you alternate that with water it will be easier on your tooth enamel. Give it like 2 weeks to even a month to see weight start moving.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    4 days is not enough. and don't diet. diets don't work in the long term. lifestyle changes, those work
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    loosing weight is sounds easy, but hard to do it right. You have to aim 3 things at once:

1- cardio
    2- work out with weight
    3- check your food

You can loose weight if you do only 1 of them but takes longer. If you keep all 3 in balance you will do the magice.

Some help:
    Make sure you healthy, if you have any condition : hearth issue, diabetes consult your doctor before you kill yourself!

1- cardio : get the 5k runner app (any will do it) and start use the treadmill. First couple of days not that hard, it will be like: 1 min jog, 3 min walk, 1min jog etc. Do not try to go crazy, do what the program say. I do it 3 times a week: Mon-Wed-Fri. Speed: use 5.0 for jog, 3.5 for walk, later you can incrase as you feel but if it's getting hard go back to 5.0. The goal to do the program each day w/o killing yourself.

2- Since you run you can aim for upper body. I do Tue-shoulder, Thr-chest, Sat-arms. Sun is a day off! Choose 4-5 execrsize and keep track of the weight you use. Abdominal Crunch EVERY DAY no expection!

3- 0 sugar. I mean it. You don't need that crap. Avoid white flower, white rice, use whole wheat and brown rice. Target the heaviest meal 6-12:00pm, than go for the rest of the day with fruits primarly. Less sweet the better for you. Evening try to avoid any food after 10pm. Check for carbohydrate that + sugar is the enemy #1. You don't have to starve! For dinner I eat most of the time: 6 boiled egg whit shreded and mixed with 1/2 avocado, you put a bit salt+ pepper in it and fill it into a nice 6 slice 95% fat free ham. Honel for example tastes great. You wont believe, but sometimes you will not able to eat all 6 of them, and the total KCal will be less than 300!! If you track your KCal intake and you still have like 500 to go you can pleasure yourself with a shreaded light cheese. Tuna is your other friend for dinner, you can mix it with the egg white. Egg white generally hepls with high protein low Kcal 0 Carb, but fill you up like crazy. Outmeal (unsweetened plain cheap one), you put like 2 cup outmeal+ 1% milk and microwave it for ~1-2 min than you sneak some greaps into. It's an excellent filler as I call it. As you see all this food are incredible low on carb and all of them almost 0g sugar.

Keep all this 3 balanced, do not overdo any. If you still hungry check for any food with ultra low carb and 0 sugar. I lost 14lbs in 1 month and never ever was hungry. People give up loose weight because of hunger.

You shuld see progress in 1 week for sure. Measure yourself every morning after you get up and take a bethroom, but before you consum any food.

Good luck, never give up!

This is the most boring thing I have ever seen. No sugar. No way lol. I have lost 106 pounds and I eat sugar like a trooper and I eat whenever the mood takes me, none of this certain amount of calories at certain meals. Stay under your calorific number, make the best choices you can, move more. The end
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    loosing weight is sounds easy, but hard to do it right. You have to aim 3 things at once:

1- cardio
    2- work out with weight
    3- check your food

You can loose weight if you do only 1 of them but takes longer. If you keep all 3 in balance you will do the magice.

Some help:
    Make sure you healthy, if you have any condition : hearth issue, diabetes consult your doctor before you kill yourself!

1- cardio : get the 5k runner app (any will do it) and start use the treadmill. First couple of days not that hard, it will be like: 1 min jog, 3 min walk, 1min jog etc. Do not try to go crazy, do what the program say. I do it 3 times a week: Mon-Wed-Fri. Speed: use 5.0 for jog, 3.5 for walk, later you can incrase as you feel but if it's getting hard go back to 5.0. The goal to do the program each day w/o killing yourself.

2- Since you run you can aim for upper body. I do Tue-shoulder, Thr-chest, Sat-arms. Sun is a day off! Choose 4-5 execrsize and keep track of the weight you use. Abdominal Crunch EVERY DAY no expection!

3- 0 sugar. I mean it. You don't need that crap. Avoid white flower, white rice, use whole wheat and brown rice. Target the heaviest meal 6-12:00pm, than go for the rest of the day with fruits primarly. Less sweet the better for you. Evening try to avoid any food after 10pm. Check for carbohydrate that + sugar is the enemy #1. You don't have to starve! For dinner I eat most of the time: 6 boiled egg whit shreded and mixed with 1/2 avocado, you put a bit salt+ pepper in it and fill it into a nice 6 slice 95% fat free ham. Honel for example tastes great. You wont believe, but sometimes you will not able to eat all 6 of them, and the total KCal will be less than 300!! If you track your KCal intake and you still have like 500 to go you can pleasure yourself with a shreaded light cheese. Tuna is your other friend for dinner, you can mix it with the egg white. Egg white generally hepls with high protein low Kcal 0 Carb, but fill you up like crazy. Outmeal (unsweetened plain cheap one), you put like 2 cup outmeal+ 1% milk and microwave it for ~1-2 min than you sneak some greaps into. It's an excellent filler as I call it. As you see all this food are incredible low on carb and all of them almost 0g sugar.

Keep all this 3 balanced, do not overdo any. If you still hungry check for any food with ultra low carb and 0 sugar. I lost 14lbs in 1 month and never ever was hungry. People give up loose weight because of hunger.

You shuld see progress in 1 week for sure. Measure yourself every morning after you get up and take a bethroom, but before you consum any food.

So much wrong in this post. LOL especially at 2 cups of oatmeal (678cal, 116g carbs) with milk being a low carb meal.

Like most people say, calories in / calories out is what matters, and drinking diet pop has no bearing on this equation.
  • faeriecake
    faeriecake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    c
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments. my medication increased my appetite and interfered with the fat in my system but thankfully now off them. One thing i may add is i drink about 6 cans of diet coke per day and hardly any water, will this make a difference as i thought you were still getting fluid the same way?

Thanks

You need to drink a reasonable amount of water a day (5 to 7 glasses) in order for your body to produce the energy (thermogenesis) that is necessary for weight loss.

Here's the (peer reviewed) source: http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2006-1438
    but since it's all scientific, my basic suggestion is: yes, drink water.

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

1- cardio
    2- work out with weight
    3- check your food

Some help:

NO to 3. That's like the worst bro-science I've seen on here in a while.

actually NO to the entire post.

Only upper body strength?

Crunches every day?

Start running on the dreadmill?

SO no.

Op as has been stated - 4 days is nothing, give it 4 weeks.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

oh no it's not

1- cardio
    great for cardio-vascular fitness not necessary for scale weight loss
    2- work out with weight
    great for preserving LBM not necessary for scale weight loss
    3- check your food
    if you mean weigh everything on a digital scale and log with care then yes

Some help:
    can't hurt to see a doctor - you can even get base health markers

only if you want to

that's an awful weight resistance programme - try a decent compound lift programme 3 times a week, like stronglifts5x5, starting strength, ice cream fitness etc .. don't forget rest days

all this, every single word is ridiculous ... calories in < calories out ... hit your macro and micro nutrients, don't demonise any food, don't make any ridiculous rules

weight loss should be judged over 6-8 weeks not 1 week ... the weighing yourself advice is sound, but I'd add naked

FIFY
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    faeriecake wrote: »
    c
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments. my medication increased my appetite and interfered with the fat in my system but thankfully now off them. One thing i may add is i drink about 6 cans of diet coke per day and hardly any water, will this make a difference as i thought you were still getting fluid the same way?

Thanks

You need to drink a reasonable amount of water a day (5 to 7 glasses) in order for your body to produce the energy (thermogenesis) that is necessary for weight loss.

Here's the (peer reviewed) source: http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2006-1438

There is water in diet coke. The other ingredients don't stop it being water.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I would say yes, increase your water intake (it is better for your than Diet Coke; I love it myself but now only have a couple of cans on the weekends). As many have mentioned, this will take some time. Increase your activity level (either by doing activities you like, or walking/running, or maybe check out some new activities that you might enjoy; I started Dragon Boating this summer and I love it). Eat healthy, whole foods and weigh and track them in MFP. You will see your weight drop over the next couple of months, for sure! Have a little patience! :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    To lose 14 lbs you're looking at losing 2-3 lbs a week if you wanna be healthy.

Nope - with only 14lbs to lose that is the opposite of losing healthily.

1/2lbs a week possibly 1lb for the first few weeks.

What is with this thread and the bad advice?
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    faeriecake wrote: »
    c

Thanks

That water can come from many sources...food and pop included. It doesn't have to be plain water.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35# since january drinking several cans of diet coke each day and rarely drinking plain water. Hell....I take a 4-5 mile run at least once a week and even on those days I MIGHT only have 8oz of actual water over the course of the day.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

1- cardio
    2- work out with weight
    3- check your food

Some help:

Ignore all this ...

Zero sugar, really??? So no fruit, vegetables, bread????
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

1- cardio
    2- work out with weight
    3- check your food

Some help:

bro wher did u graduate 2 get ur bro science degree?

I got mine from the university of Chestaria

wbu

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm so grateful for the people that came in and salvaged this thread and corrected the misinformation on the first page :flowerforyou:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

1- cardio
    2- work out with weight
    3- check your food

Some help:

No leg day since you run?? Do you even??? So much bro in here I can't take it. OP please trust what everyone else commenting on this quote is saying and IGNORE THIS BAD INFORMATION.
  • sn4k3y
    sn4k3y Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! started drinking more water so will see what happens.