Bad Foods Tell Me To Eat Them

Options

Replies

• TheChangeIsNow
    TheChangeIsNow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have those days (me the other day). Don't be too hard on yourself. Today is a new day! Just focus on that :) you still need to enjoy those yummy foods! I know I do!
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    "Bad Foods Tell Me To Eat Them" So start listening to good foods instead...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    why are you beating yourself up? if it came in within your calorie limit- then you're fine?

I see no problem here.

this
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    brcossette wrote: »

Or stop assigning a moral judgment to food and just eat according to your goals and make sure you are hitting your macro/micro targets and staying within your calorie goal....
  • mariemxx
    mariemxx Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I think that's what I'm gonna start doing :-)
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Or stop assigning a moral judgment to food and just eat according to your goals and make sure you are hitting your macro/micro targets and staying within your calorie goal....

Stop making sense ...
  • mariemxx
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the POSITIVE feedback
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    mariemxx wrote: »
    It's about how I felt after eating it. that is all.

then it's a problem within you that needs addressing. It LITERALLY has nothing to do with the food.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the POSITIVE feedback

Because people who are trying to empower you are being negative. Got it.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

^^^This...

• J72FIT
    Options
    This implies that there are in fact "bad" foods...

• J72FIT
    Options

then it's a problem within you that needs addressing. It LITERALLY has nothing to do with the food.
    ^This!!!

You will be on this reward/punishment rollercoaster until you address the deeper issue (your relationship with food)...
  • mariemxx
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

^This!!!

You will be on this reward/punishment rollercoaster until you address the deeper issue (your relationship with food)...

I'm not sure how..
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Here's a rather shameful looking day...

pbxfys2tmlee.png

And the next day...

mtwv864mjpnz.png

Back at it like a boss.

That's how this works. Yep, you're going to have days that look like pure hell. Some days that are a little over. Some days that are spot on. And some days where you're too lazy to pour yourself the glass of wine you had already logged. This is not pass or fail, it's about learning that one day of pure gluttony isn't going to stop you, and that a couple of perceived "bad choices" are not going to have near the impact you imagine them to.

That bad day I logged ... That was Saturday. I shamelessly ate Buffalo Wild Wings and then went to Marble Slab Creamery and not a single F was given. And yet despite eating 2 days worth of calories that day I'm only about .5 lb away from where I was when I weighed on Friday (that much excess sodium sticks with me for like a week before my body decides it's not BFFs with it anymore).

And now I want Ruffles and French Onion dip. Mmmm.
  • mariemxx
    Options
    Here's a rather shameful looking day...

pbxfys2tmlee.png

And the next day...

mtwv864mjpnz.png

Back at it like a boss.

That's how this works. Yep, you're going to have days that look like pure hell. Some days that are a little over. Some days that are spot on. And some days where you're too lazy to pour yourself the glass of wine you had already logged. This is not pass or fail, it's about learning that one day of pure gluttony isn't going to stop you, and that a couple of perceived "bad choices" are not going to have near the impact you imagine them to.

That bad day I logged ... That was Saturday. I shamelessly ate Buffalo Wild Wings and then went to Marble Slab Creamery and not a single F was given. And yet despite eating 2 days worth of calories that day I'm only about .5 lb away from where I was when I weighed on Friday (that much excess sodium sticks with me for like a week before my body decides it's not BFFs with it anymore).

And now I want Ruffles and French Onion dip. Mmmm.

Wow, lol. That helps a ton. lol. I know I just have to go right back and I'm sure I will have days like the one you had with Buffalo Wild Wings because who doesn't love that haha. But yeah I am definitely feeling better and I haven't strayed much from what I am considering my "monitoring" of my diet. But I was just carelessly eating not really giving a f lol.. but I just feel a change and it feels great. thanks for the motivation !
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    :# Such a funny title but I'm so serious, I was at subway last night (SO MANY HEALTHY OPTIONS) and what do I do .. I get a steak and cheese flatbread. I know better. and even though it was within my calorie range I'm still disappointed in myself for not making a better choice. I really think sometimes I cant do it because its like im addicted to these horrible foods with so much sugar and so many calories. its terrible. but today is a new day and I didn't go over my calorie budget but still !

What is bad about a steak and cheese flatbread?

As long as you are hitting micro, macro,calorie targets you can eat the foods you like.

Stop assigning moral judgements to food...food = food it just provides energy and nutrients ...it is not bad good evil etc...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    This makes no sense
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :# Such a funny title but I'm so serious, I was at subway last night (SO MANY HEALTHY OPTIONS) and what do I do .. I get a steak and cheese flatbread. I know better. and even though it was within my calorie range I'm still disappointed in myself for not making a better choice. I really think sometimes I cant do it because its like im addicted to these horrible foods with so much sugar and so many calories. its terrible. but today is a new day and I didn't go over my calorie budget but still !

What you are doing is putting foods in categories of good and bad, that's never a good ideal and in my opinion it leads to unhealthy eating issues. Exactly what you are doing here and freaking out about it. Eat in moderation and make sure to hit your micros and macros.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Food talked to me one time. I was peeling the top back on my yogurt and it spit at me. *kitten*. Other than that, I try to tune the food out, because, you know... I'm normal.