Does anyone ever meet their Calorie Intake goals???

Options

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    tazlikeme wrote: »
    Average day:

Breakfast: green drink, mixed real fruit cup(berries, Mellon, grapes, watermelon)
    I can't really eat anything heavy until after 9. Not a morning person.
    Snack: egg whites, turkey sausage, avocado
    Lunch: grilled salmon, grilled brussel sprouts, grilled asparagus
    Snack: almonds, pistachios, grapes
    Preworkout : banana or Apple
    Workout: 90 min boxing burns 700 calories
    Dinner: chicken and small salad..or protein shake

Stop eating like you're on a diet!

Those foods are all great, but are you really going to not eat any rice or potatoes or steak or peanut butter or cookies or [fill in the blank] for the rest of your life? Eat a balance of what you're eating now and what you used to eat, just weigh them out to stick to your calorie goal.
  • tazlikeme
    tazlikeme Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is a basic meal day not an everyday thing I will substitute potatoes for a veggie and eat brown rice and or pasta. I'm not a big sweets eater. That's not what got me fat.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    That is a basic meal day not an everyday thing I will substitute potatoes for a veggie and eat brown rice and or pasta. I'm not a big sweets eater. That's not what got me fat.

Don't substitute - add.

You're not meeting your calorie goals, you need to add more calories not substitute things.

This is all with the caveat that you need to be weighing out your food and tracking accurately (choosing the correct database options) to make sure that you are eating the number of calories that you think you're eating.
  • tazlikeme
    Options
    I don't call what I eat dieting but healthy eating. I will eat a sweet (Bday or party) but it's not lik I hav cakes and cookies stocked. If u remember I don't cook so I eat out a lot. Again pizza, fried chicken, fried rice,
  • tazlikeme
    Options
    Thanks Happy.. I'll try those.
  • ndraughn
    ndraughn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Planning what to eat is key for me so I don't exceed 1400 some days are better than others.
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    eat some peanut butter or granola. that will def help you to reach that goal. My advice is to try and eat your allotted calories because as you start to lose weight, your calorie allotment goes down and you are going to wish you had 1800 again! lol
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't call what I eat dieting but healthy eating. I will eat a sweet (Bday or party) but it's not lik I hav cakes and cookies stocked. If u remember I don't cook so I eat out a lot. Again pizza, fried chicken, fried rice,

Is this something you plan to do the rest of you life? If not, this is dieting.

If you don't eat 1800 calories a day, are you projected to lose more than 2lbs/week? Then eating like this is probably not healthy.

• Jeffery12p
    Jeffery12p Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to find out not only how much was one serving of almonds, but how many calories it had. Turns out the small thing of trail mix I was having every day was around 600 calories and I thought it was healthy. I am also set at about 1800 calories for the day and often I need to include my exercise calories to stay under net calories for the day. Part of that comes from the fats associated with my protiens. An important part of logging is knowing the servings, especially in packaged foods. Servings per container can significantly affect what should be logged as it multiplies whatever is on the nutrition information table.
  • tazlikeme
    Options
    Yes this is something I plan on doing for the rest of my life and was until stress hit and i overcompensated with food. I'm human it happens. Again I will eat out just want to do it healthy.

MFP said I was still on track to meet my goal. As far as not being healthy, im not a nutritionalist or a doctor..I just know I eat often, after meals am full, and not starving myself .. I exercise and drink water. Just needed suggestions are increasing my calorie intake.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Dang. I wish I had a problem eating 1800 calories a day. I would gain with that many calories.
  • Nuke_64
    Options
    OP, food does not have a morality. There aren't good foods and bad foods. Sticking with only low fat foods, low caloric foods which make hitting you daily caloric needs difficult, which if that is happening is unhealthy and you are starving yourself.

If sticking with only low fat foods,low caloric foods leads to stress that leads you to binge on opposite, you have not found a lifelong diet that you can stick with.

If you deny yourself the foods you crave under stress, you will end up in a cycle of binging and "dieting."
  • Nuke_64
    Options
    Well unless the Fitbit lies.. That's what my exercise says I burn. It's boxing, cardio, abs, legs exercises and arms.. It's 90 min.

It's not lying, its just not accurate. I would not use Fitbit data for any kind of Cardio besides running. Get a chest strap heart rate monitor if you want better results or just put in time into MFP. You will find you only should be eating back 50-75% of your exercise calories for what ever method you choose. That may get you to 1800.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments...

T
    - yes, I am counting them correctly. I log everything I eat. I do not hav a scale to weigh my food.
    -

You have a contradiction here. You don't know you're counting correctly if you're not using a scale.

You're guessing the best you can with what you have - but you're not doing accurate logging of exactly what you are eating.

Also 700 calories in 90 minutes? Just speaking for myself that would be impossible.

I am guessing you're not undereating as much as you think you are.

• tazlikeme
    Options
    I understand Nuke.

But it wasn't that I was craving it under stress. It was under stress I go For the easy option and cheaper, whatever is close by. But I do get ur meaning. Thanks for the advice.
  • Nuke_64
    Options
    I understand Nuke.

But it wasn't that I was craving it under stress. It was under stress I go For the easy option and cheaper, whatever is close by. But I do get ur meaning. Thanks for the advice.

I understand that completely, good luck.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    hi everyone.. New to posting stuff, old to trying to lose weight. How does anybody meet their calorie intake? MFP is saying 1800 a day!!! WHAT! I would hav to eat a whole chicken to meet that eveyday.

You were already eating more than that to get to where you are now. I suspect you aren't counting calories correctly...and suggest you open your diary.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Plus my workout routine blows 700 of those calories.

That's quite unlikely. Open your diary...
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Well unless the Fitbit lies. That's what my exercise says I burn. It's boxing, cardio, abs, legs exercises and arms.. It's 90 min.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that, you will lose weight.

But you still need to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Exercise for fitness; log to lose weight.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments...

To some of ur questions/comments:
    - yes, I am counting them correctly. I log everything I eat. I do not hav a scale to weigh my food.
    - Yes obviously for me to gain 60 lbs I did eat over 3000 calories, foods rich is fat, grease, fried, lots of butter, and alcohol, as I'm a sweet wine drinker. My point is to try to eat a lot of foods but healthier. If ur eating fast food for lunch and dinner u can easily blow 3000 calories.. If I'm eating chicken and salmon baked.. It's hard. Plus my workout routine blows 700 of those calories.
    - While it's great u guys are pointing out what I'm doing wrong, more suggestions over things I can do as far healthier food options would be better. I appreciate the ideas of more grains and nuts,
    First two statements bolded are contradictory. You're not counting correctly if you're not weighing.

Also, not likely that you're burning 700kcal/day working out.