bad food

Options

Replies

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You can eat any foods you want as long as you eat less calories than your body requires to survive day to day, not including exercise. This is eating at a deficit.

The problem with that is while there are no "bad" foods, eating high calorie foods, which is generally what "bad" foods are means you can eat very little while staying within your calorie range. This is why vegetables, beans, rice, lean meats, eggs etc. are usually foods of choice since you can have more of them.

Say your calorie deficit has you at 1600 calories a day. For one day you eat approx. 12 Twinkies and nothing else and be starving, exhausted and probably angry or you could eat 3-5 full meals and snacks, not be hungry, be adequately nourished, full of energy and healthy with lower calorie food choices.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on how to lose weight wen I live on bad food I don't eat veg or salad I'm very fussy wen it comes to food help lol
    There are many many many ways to lower calories without having to deal with vegetables or salads.
    One suggestion is to eat meat /fish/chicken/eggs/dairy products, some fruit.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I can think of three options:

Eat less of the bad food
    Change your diet
    Do a lot more exercise

Mix and match as you please. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Eat less of the bad food
    Change your diet
    Do a lot more exercise

fixed it for you
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »

Eat less of the bad food
    Change your diet
    Do a lot more exercise

fixed it for you

Amazing how a simple removal of words makes all the difference.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Who lives on Twinkies?

the guy from zombieland
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yeah caloric deficit but I never overlook food quality, living on twinkies can't be really good. I'd try to choose healthier food and well,allow some indulgence here and there.

who is advocating living on twinkies...???

No one,gee but a guy said you can live on twinkies and cake and lose weight if you eat less calories overall, which I may agree but I think QUALITY of calories matters a lot,not just the numbeeeeers
    that's all
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    For your health, I'd add a multivitamin/multimineral supplement. And maybe a lower calorie protein shake. If the foods you eat are low in nutrition, it's got to come from somewhere, because your body needs that stuff.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on how to lose weight wen I live on bad food I don't eat veg or salad I'm very fussy wen it comes to food help lol

Unless you are eating food that has already spoiled, you are not eating 'bad' food. Eat in a calorie deficit. People have eaten nothing but 'snack' foods in a calorie deficit and lost weight, in controlled studies. It's unlikely that you are doing that.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah caloric deficit but I never overlook food quality, living on twinkies can't be really good. I'd try to choose healthier food and well,allow some indulgence here and there.

No one,gee but a guy said you can live on twinkies and cake and lose weight if you eat less calories overall, which I may agree but I think QUALITY of calories matters a lot,not just the numbeeeeers
    that's all

Seriously, that was said to prove a point. no one is actually advocating doing that. Eating a well rounded selection of food, while in a calorie deficit, is the proper choice, which is what is being advised here.
  • ndj1979
    Options

that's all

That poster said you could do it and lose weight but it would not be the best option from a nutritional stand point and then you created a straw man about a diet of twinkles...
  • initialsdeebee
    initialsdeebee Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Also, "I don't eat vegetables" ? Eh, I don't know... You gotta figure that one out at some point in your life. Take a cooking class, get some books with good ideas, try some new things, learn about the hundreds of vegetables out there that provide huge amounts of the nutrition we need and the thousands of ways to prepare them and I'd hope you'd be able to find something you can handle.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Yes, but no one said other things don't matter, for nutrition. Your post suggested that others were saying it was recommended to eat just Twinkies, when in fact if anyone proposed that they'd be told that was a bad idea (although you could lose weight doing it if you could manage not to overeat).
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Yes, but no one said other things don't matter, for nutrition. Your post suggested that others were saying it was recommended to eat just Twinkies, when in fact if anyone proposed that they'd be told that was a bad idea (although you could lose weight doing it if you could manage not to overeat).

^Out of all of the posts on this thread, why on Earth was this one flagged? It doesn't meet any of the criteria of abuse! I can't even figure out how it was read as anything other than a calm, factual response.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points

• ndj1979
    Options
    Also, "I don't eat vegetables" ? Eh, I don't know... You gotta figure that one out at some point in your life. Take a cooking class, get some books with good ideas, try some new things, learn about the hundreds of vegetables out there that provide huge amounts of the nutrition we need and the thousands of ways to prepare them and I'd hope you'd be able to find something you can handle.

or just take a multi vitamin
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    First of all, there are no "bad" foods. There are healthy choices and not so healthy choices. You have to make the decision of what is important to you. Do you really want to lose the weight or would you rather pig out on whatever it is that you have decided is "bad"?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oreos. Oreos are BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

But oh sooooo GOOD!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jeffpettis wrote: »

But oh sooooo GOOD!!!
    jeffpettis wrote: »

But oh sooooo GOOD!!!

why would oreos be bad?

I have seven oreos and a glass of milk prelogged into today and I will be under my calorie goal, hit my macros, and micros...
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    ...and yes. I did type that while munching on Oreos!!! >:)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie deficit.

This ^^

If weight loss is your only goal, all you need to do is eat less than you burn.