workout playlist

Hello everyone!
I want to build an AWESOME playlist i can workout to. I feel that listening to good music while working out is a really good motivation. Does anyone have any song suggestions or playlist of thier own they would like to share? I would really appreciate it

Replies

• Kathryn97Perry
    Kathryn97Perry Posts: 14 Member
    No specific songs come to mind (besides Disney), but I found an awesome trick that motivates me to workout. I have my iPod filled with pumped up songs and I made a rule that I can only listen to them while I am working out. Since I love most of those songs, it makes me want to exercise everyday for as long as I can to simply listen to as many songs as I can fit in.
    It may sound a little silly because who really does that, but I set strict rules that those same songs can't even be listened to on the radio because I want it for my treat when I work out. It's way better than rewarding yourself with food, at least in my opinion.
    I am sorry I don't have any song suggestions, but I just picked my favorite songs, most have a steady bass beat, and I restricted them for workouts only.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Ha ha, I definitely have a lot of different workout songs, some of which I really like, some of which are kind of campy, and some where I just like the music. I'm going to really embarrass myself here, but here are some of the ones I have that are kind of working out/dancing/moving related or are inspirational are:

"Feel Good Inc." -- Gorillaz
    "Take it to Da House" -- Trick Daddy
    "Loser Yourself" -- Eminem
    "I Like to Move It" -- Reel 2 Real
    "Shake it Off" -- Taylor Swift
    "Roar" -- Katy Perry
    "Paralyzed" -- Finger Eleven
    "Praise You" -- Fatboy Slim
    "Paranoid" -- Garbage
    "Learning to Fly" -- Foo Fighters (lots and lots of Foo Fighters...and AC/DC...and a lot of Michael Jackson)
    "Play" -- Jennifer Lopez
    "Electric Feel" -- MGMT
    "Seven Nation Army" -- White Stripes
    "Work" -- Britney Spears
    "Eye of the Tiger" -- Survivor
    "Mama Said Knock You Out" -- LLCoolJ
    "The Distance" -- Cake
    "Blow me (One Last Kiss)" -- Pink
    "Mr. Brightside" -- the Killers

I also have a ton of songs I got from old DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) games; they're usually less than 2 minutes long and have a good rhythm.

Wow that is a really weird mix of songs!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    I really love a few songs by LMFAO, like Party Rock Anthem, Sexy and I Know It, and Put That As* To Work. Only Girl in the World by Rihanna, some songs by Calvin Harris.
  • aithnyc02
    aithnyc02 Posts: 34 Member
    Omg i thought i was the only one who worked out listening to LMFAO,i especially like to workout to "YES" . I'll look into Calvin Harris. Thanks!(:
  • aithnyc02
    Ha ha, I definitely have a lot of different workout songs, some of which I really like, some of which are kind of campy, and some where I just like the music. I'm going to really embarrass myself here, but here are some of the ones I have that are kind of working out/dancing/moving related or are inspirational are:

"Feel Good Inc." -- Gorillaz
    "Take it to Da House" -- Trick Daddy
    "Loser Yourself" -- Eminem
    "I Like to Move It" -- Reel 2 Real
    "Shake it Off" -- Taylor Swift
    "Roar" -- Katy Perry
    "Paralyzed" -- Finger Eleven
    "Praise You" -- Fatboy Slim
    "Paranoid" -- Garbage
    "Learning to Fly" -- Foo Fighters (lots and lots of Foo Fighters...and AC/DC...and a lot of Michael Jackson)
    "Play" -- Jennifer Lopez
    "Electric Feel" -- MGMT
    "Seven Nation Army" -- White Stripes
    "Work" -- Britney Spears
    "Eye of the Tiger" -- Survivor
    "Mama Said Knock You Out" -- LLCoolJ
    "The Distance" -- Cake
    "Blow me (One Last Kiss)" -- Pink
    "Mr. Brightside" -- the Killers

I also have a ton of songs I got from old DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) games; they're usually less than 2 minutes long and have a good rhythm.

Wow that is a really weird mix of songs!

Haha not wierd if it does its job! Lol some of the songs you lisyed are also in my workout playlist! Thanks for your input appreciate it (: oh and btw i like your idea about ONLy listening tot hem when you work out, that would help with me not getting bores with the song and everytime i hear it i will wanna workout :Dthanks again!

• aithnyc02
    No specific songs come to mind (besides Disney), but I found an awesome trick that motivates me to workout. I have my iPod filled with pumped up songs and I made a rule that I can only listen to them while I am working out. Since I love most of those songs, it makes me want to exercise everyday for as long as I can to simply listen to as many songs as I can fit in.
    It may sound a little silly because who really does that, but I set strict rules that those same songs can't even be listened to on the radio because I want it for my treat when I work out. It's way better than rewarding yourself with food, at least in my opinion.
    I am sorry I don't have any song suggestions, but I just picked my favorite songs, most have a steady bass beat, and I restricted them for workouts only.

Oops i accidentlt thanked someone else for your idea!sorry i meant to thank you for your idea about onlyblistening to thoae certian song when you wrokout, GREAT idea!(:
  • aithnyc02
    Here are a couple of the songs in MY workout playlist

"Yes"-LMFAO
    "Staceys Mom"-Fountains of Wayne
    "Raised by Wolves"-Falling In Reverse
    "Mr.brightside"- The Killers
    "Im Not Okay" -My Chemical Romance
    "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor"-(omg i totally forgot who sings this)
    "Animal I Have Become- Three Days Grace
    "Its Tricky"- Run DMC
    "Troublemaker"-Weezer
    .....the list goes on lol basically anything with a fast/upbeat tempo (:
  • loriio
    loriio Posts: 9 Member
    Wow. There is some great suggestions on here. I just added "Trouble" by Iggy Azalea and JHud. It really gets me moving. Some old faves are "Shoop", most Janet Jackson songs, "September" (Earth, Wind & Fire not Green Day)
  • aithnyc02
    loriio wrote: »
    Wow. There is some great suggestions on here. I just added "Trouble" by Iggy Azalea and JHud. It really gets me moving. Some old faves are "Shoop", most Janet Jackson songs, "September" (Earth, Wind & Fire not Green Day)
    I liked "Trouble" (: thanks for your input!
  • aithnyc02
    LLNN122 wrote: »
    Music keeps me energized also while exercising. But after a couple of days I get sick of the playlist and it no longer has that effect on me. Sometimes I barely have energy to be on a treadmill without the right music.
    We should keep this post going by posting updated playlists. I'll post mine a little later when I have a chance.

The exact same thing happenes to me which is why i was interested in the playlist of others (:
    I would love to see yours when you have the time!
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    I usually listen to Pandora's "running radio mix" station when I run, but my must have song for lifting is A Warrior's Call by Volbeat. <3
  • aithnyc02
    Some more songs i listen to while working out are
    "The drug in me is you"-falling in reverse
    "Headstrong"-trapt
    "Shake it" -rediscover
    "Appluase"-lady gaga
    "Poppin champagne"-all time low
    "Stronger"-kanye west
    "The spins"-mac miller
    "Paper planes"-mia
    "Dirty little secret"-all american rejects

• aithnyc02
    I usually listen to Pandora's "running radio mix" station when I run, but my must have song for lifting is A Warrior's Call by Volbeat. <3
    I used to use pandora too but recently its been playing songs im just not feeling lol Imma take a listen to Volbeat, i never heard of him/her/them before (:
  • countrymama87
    countrymama87 Posts: 7 Member
    Uptown Funk
    Honey I'm good
    Bad blood
    Happy

Are current favorites ☺
  • aithnyc02
    Uptown Funk
    Honey I'm good
    Bad blood
    Happy

Are current favorites ☺

Oooo i like uptown funk! Never realy thought about working out to it though, imma give it a try :smiley:
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    aithnyc02 wrote: »
    I used to use pandora too but recently its been playing songs im just not feeling lol Imma take a listen to Volbeat, i never heard of him/her/them before (:

If you push the little thumb icon at the top right (when your on a station) you can scroll through all the songs you've heard recently & vote any of them out that you don't like. It takes time, but I have some awesome stations now. : )
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    My workout mix is pretty varied, and I also will only listen to that playlist when I'm at the gym or road running.

Ali in the Jungle - The Hours
    Born This Way - Lady Gaga
    Everything is Everything - Lauryn Hill
    Bulletproof - La Roux
    Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    I Love It - Icona Pop
    I Wish - Skee-Lo
    Not Afraid - Eminem
    Shake It Out - Florence + The Machine
    Titanium - David Guetta
    We Run This - Missy Elliott
    Fighter - Christina Aguilera
    Magic - B.o.B.
    I Wanna Get Better - Bleachers
  • shawna771
    shawna771 Posts: 3 Member
    I had not been listening to music while working out at home because it was new routine, and I do not have an IPod. About a week ago, I brought a radio into that room - and lucky to have hour of good songs. My workout increased from 250-ish calories to 400 calories burned (based on what machine said) for same workout time! I am going to look into the songs some of you have posted! Thanks!
  • aithnyc02
    aithnyc02 wrote: »

If you push the little thumb icon at the top right (when your on a station) you can scroll through all the songs you've heard recently & vote any of them out that you don't like. It takes time, but I have some awesome stations now. : )

I never really thought the little thumbs would do anythinh lol im going to make sure to use them from now on!!