Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @79dawn , hopefully you were able to get past the number on the scale. So much of this journey is really located in our heads. When we can change how we used to think, then can really reflect those changes in our lifestyles. Try weighing yourself every other day. That way you can still see any immediate results from an indulgence, but it's not an every day thing. Tell yourself it's ok to let go of the scale. It really is all in our heads :smile:

@trailgirl777 , congrats on finding a way to really listen to your body. There isn't just one way for us all to lose weight, and you've found a way that works for you. It's great.

I just finished a challenge that my town's been doing since March 2. It was a weight loss contest, but it was so much more. They offered classes on nutrition, cooking, fitness, managing stress, and so much more. It was the support I needed to get moving once again and take control of my health. We had a final weigh in the end of June, then ended with a 5k on the 4th of July. I totally surprised myself by signing up for the 5k, not something I ever thought I could do. But, I DID IT!! Not very fast, but I finished. Through the last 4 mths, I lost 16% of my body weight, and actually come in 2nd place for the contest. I'm totally excited about my progress, but also totally freaking out now that the contest is over. In the last week, I've made too many excuses about eating this or that and have felt my bad habits starting to creep back in. I know I can do this, I've gotta keep strong. That's why I'm here, telling you all, so someone will keep me accountable! :smiley:
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @melkithall you have to act as if the contest is still going on and keep up your good habits. Go to your local library and check out healthy eating magazines to get good recipes and Shape magazine always has great healthy living articles. It CAN be done, we just have to MAKE it happen!
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a NSV that I'm excited to share with you all....today i tried on an evening gown that i was planning on wearing to a wedding i have in two weeks. ..Well...guess who going shopping????...lol I can't believe the dress was too big!!!!...I'm absolutely thrilled!!! :blush:
  • Eri0515
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have a NSV that I'm excited to share with you all....today i tried on an evening gown that i was planning on wearing to a wedding i have in two weeks. ..Well...guess who going shopping????...lol I can't believe the dress was too big!!!!...I'm absolutely thrilled!!! :blush:

That's so awesome. I love when stuff like that happens!

I have a similar one, I wore a shirt today that I haven't worn in months and it was a bit big, I was thrilled even though I love that shirt and don't want to give it up. I guess it's a double edged sword. But I will gladly take this "bad" to get all the good benefits.
  • brittanyarkward
    brittanyarkward Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and have about 100 to lose. Looking for some people in the same boat to commiserate with. Feel free to add me!
  • mummyselkirk007
    mummyselkirk007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new and have about 100 to lose. Looking for some people in the same boat to commiserate with. Feel free to add me!

I'm new too and wanting to lose over 100 lb. X
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

That is awesome @modacielo73 , I have a NSV also! I have not measured myself in over a month and decided to yesterday, I have lost another 10+ inches!!! That makes a total of 50+ inches lost overall!! I am very proud of you!!'

I'm new too and wanting to lose over 100 lb. X

Welcome @brittanyarkward and @mummyselkirk007 !!!
  • DiaryofaFatWhiteChic
    DiaryofaFatWhiteChic Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, originally I wanted to lose 125, I'm down to 103 left. I started in 2006 when I met my husband by the time we got married I think I'd gained 20... Not sure why, just not eating right I guess. By 2009 when my first child was born I was a whopping 230. In 2014 when I had my son I was 265. And of course in April this year I had my third child... Still in shock lol. But nevertheless I'm right here with you! I'm Going To do it, and right! Learning to get great nutrition & exercise
  • modacielo73
    Options
    That is awesome @modacielo73 , I have a NSV also! I have not measured myself in over a month and decided to yesterday, I have lost another 10+ inches!!! That makes a total of 50+ inches lost overall!! I am very proud of you!!'

@Ptkat28 that's an amazing NSV!!. .. 50 + Inches is definitely something to be proud of :blush: Keep up the good work, you're doing fabulous!!!!
  • modacielo73
    Options
    It seems that lately i haven't been as focused as i should be when it comes to making food choices. ..when i first started on MFP i was so pumped. ..now?...I've lost that drive, that excitement, the determination i first felt when i first joined. ..i so desperately want it back. ..anyone have any suggestions on how i can get my grove back?
  • 79dawn
    79dawn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It seems that lately i haven't been as focused as i should be when it comes to making food choices. ..when i first started on MFP i was so pumped. ..now?...I've lost that drive, that excitement, the determination i first felt when i first joined. ..i so desperately want it back. ..anyone have any suggestions on how i can get my grove back?

What keeps me motivated is looking at the success stories everyday. I watch for pics and I also read the threads about NSVs and things people don't tell you about losing weight. It motivates the hell out of me because I want to feel how they feel. I used to be thin and beautiful and full of confidence and I so want to feel that way again.
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Success stories and pictures.
    My family and I took a vacation last weekend and took some of those olden days pictures. This was my eye opener! I look terrible and huge! I've been a yo yo dieter all of my life and tried the fad diets but this time I'm logging everything even if it's bad. I do take plexus to help with the cravings and keep my gut in check but I add them as well.

My question is how do you keep track of the posts you have posted?
  • ptkat28
    Options

@modacielo73 , I know what you mean! I am not wanting to exercise as much, and just feel sorta "blah" about everything! BUT... I look back at where I started, 50 lbs ago, and I tell myself, I don't want to gain it back, I want to lose some more, and in order to do that, I have to keep on doing this way of life! It really sucks too! I told my hubby last night, I have to do this for the rest of my life. I have to keep active and eat healthy if I want to be smaller. I did not get the "good genes" award like some people, or the high metabolism like some others. It just makes us better people, think of it that way, that we work hard to get what we truly want and desire! This may not have helped, but maybe it put a smile on your face! HUGS!!! :wink:
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone- hopefully everyone has been better about logging than I have- missed a few days- which is shocking to me, but have been eating carefully anyways.

Re- commiting to log every bite daily starting today.

At least I have gotten to the gym 3-4 days every week.

How is everyone?
  • modacielo73
    Options
    Personal vent: Im so frustrated with myself! I just cant seem to focus...its been over a week and im convinced that ive lost my "Umph!" :neutral: Im still logging in and im still eating (somewhat) right...but i just dont have that same determination/drive that i did when i first joined MFP....i want to feel good about it again. I SOOOOOOOOOOO want to wake up excited about logging my entries for the day....i want to feel energized like i did when id first wake up in the morning and jump on the scale...Sigh!~ WHY CANT I GET THAT FEELING BACK?????? Ugh!.....vent over.
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've had a bit of the same myself. I figure wanting to do better again is a big first step. You can do it!

I wonder if a few of us have been experiencing a slump, doesn't seem to be as active on here.

Come on ladies and gentlemen- we can do this! One day at a time, one meal at a time.
  • ptkat28
    Options
    Hey everyone! Same here!!! This past week has been so "blah"!! Thanks to that TOM, I had a 3 lb gain, which I did not record!!! :( Started a new job and the high school marching band has also started back up, so been super busy! I did finally get a "half-way there" photo taken, so I will post it for you friends! It is my motivation, and I am gonna lose those 3 fluid lbs and get back on track!!! Beginning photo is at 228lbs and the "during" photo is at 173lbs! I have lost 55lbs since March 22, 2015! The before pick, I was wearing a 2x-3x, and the "during" photo I am actually wearing a medium shirt, and a size 12 petite pant!! Love you all!!! :smiley:
    y2zmrdimn6fq.jpg
    icdi650j16ru.jpg
    4jmxhxt4rakh.jpg
    oqhhxgr8gxqd.jpg
    tpntu04qd4v0.jpg
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Same here!!! This past week has been so "blah"!! Thanks to that TOM, I had a 3 lb gain, which I did not record!!! :( Started a new job and the high school marching band has also started back up, so been super busy! I did finally get a "half-way there" photo taken, so I will post it for you friends! It is my motivation, and I am gonna lose those 3 fluid lbs and get back on track!!! Beginning photo is at 228lbs and the "during" photo is at 173lbs! I have lost 55lbs since March 22, 2015! The before pick, I was wearing a 2x-3x, and the "during" photo I am actually wearing a medium shirt, and a size 12 petite pant!! Love you all!!! :smiley:
    y2zmrdimn6fq.jpg
    icdi650j16ru.jpg
    4jmxhxt4rakh.jpg
    oqhhxgr8gxqd.jpg
    tpntu04qd4v0.jpg

You look great!!!! Keep smiling! Gayle Minneapolis
  • modacielo73
    Options
    ptkat28...Well done :smile: You're looking good!
  • Eri0515
    Options
    Ptkat28... What a change, you look fabulous. Keep it up. That's an inspiration to all of us.

modacielo73... I completely understand what you are going through. I have had a bit of a rough time lately myself. First we had 3 visitors and it's so tough to keep to the good eating habits when you are constantly eating out and then as soon as they left I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled so it was a diet of pudding, jello, ice cream, cream soups... Things are healing so I can start back to salads again, I have missed lettuce more than I thought I would! So, I have gained 2 pounds, and feeling absolutely lousy about it but I don't have the same drive as when I started.

I'm wondering if an NSV would help... Looking over some pictures night before last I turned to my spouse and said. "I've lost weight since this picture! I can see it." That was such a huge moment for me because I didn't see it before. Hopefully that can kick start things again.

Don't give up! Remember you cannot control anyone or anything in this world other than yourself so take that control and revel in it!