5ft 2 weightloss goals?

Options
Hi I'm 5ft 2 and have lost 13lb. Was just wondering what others weight loss goal is for this height.

Nearly at my goal weight of 113lbs

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    That's entirely dependent on how overweight someone is to begin with.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 & weigh 113 now.

I still have a few spots that bug me, a little belly pudge & my thighs still rub a little more than I'd prefer. (They always will as I have an athletic build, I'd just like to not wear out my jeans so quickly...) I am losing very slowly, but consistently at a pound a month. I also do mostly resistance training. (I usually only do cardio to help off-set dinner & beers with friends.) Since I am getting married in September I am going to keep trucking until then. If I continue to lose at this rate I should be about 110. But afterwards I will probably switch to maintenance. Or try to anyway... it will be a new process of trial & error.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    61.5 inches. My goal weight bottoms out at 125. Fantasies of dropping to 118, but those are improbable. Worried more about body fat percentage than weight or bmi.
  • i_miss_me
    i_miss_me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 & my goal for now is 135. I might keep going after that but for now, 135. That's what I was before I got pregnant with my first child & I was happy with it. I wasn't super skinny, but the way that I'm built, I was happy with that number. I'm also more top heavy than most. :-)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 164lbs now...I have a long way to go, but my ultimate goal weight is 125lbs. So far I've lost 16lbs, but I'm not seeing it - yet!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am 5'1" and at 120. My current goal weight is 110. I was down there last October and was pretty happy with the way I was starting to look. Then went back up to 125 (eek)...really struggling to lose now though. I will reassess at 110 but my ultimate goal weight was 105.
  • paulinapink2
    paulinapink2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'2 here, my SW was 180 im currently 162 and trying to get to 140, a little far from my GW which is 125
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" also. I started at 180 and I'm now at 158. I'm aiming for 120. Don't think I could ever get as low as 113! My boobs are half my body weight!
  • BrunettexBarbie
    BrunettexBarbie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 & weigh 113 now.

I still have a few spots that bug me, a little belly pudge & my thighs still rub a little more than I'd prefer. (They always will as I have an athletic build, I'd just like to not wear out my jeans so quickly...) I am losing very slowly, but consistently at a pound a month. I also do mostly resistance training. (I usually only do cardio to help off-set dinner & beers with friends.) Since I am getting married in September I am going to keep trucking until then. If I continue to lose at this rate I should be about 110. But afterwards I will probably switch to maintenance. Or try to anyway... it will be a new process of trial & error.

I'm the same its stomach area for me, 110 would be a nice weight. i always thought i'd be happy at 115 but i'm not but dont want to be too skinny either. i dont look fat i just feel it lol. congratulations on your upcoming wedding. xx
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    61.5 inches. My goal weight bottoms out at 125. Fantasies of dropping to 118, but those are improbable. Worried more about body fat percentage than weight or bmi.

Yes i see what you mean. My body fat is around 20 so i just want to get it a bit lower.
    I'm sure you can achieve your goals if you go slowly xx
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    i_miss_me wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 & my goal for now is 135. I might keep going after that but for now, 135. That's what I was before I got pregnant with my first child & I was happy with it. I wasn't super skinny, but the way that I'm built, I was happy with that number. I'm also more top heavy than most. :-)

135 is a good target i think its good to set a small goal then see how you feel when you reach it. i also stop and maintain the weight for a bit to see how i feel , then start again if i want to lose a bit more. xx
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    I'm 164lbs now...I have a long way to go, but my ultimate goal weight is 125lbs. So far I've lost 16lbs, but I'm not seeing it - yet!

16lbs is amazing to lose. You will start to notice, i notice around my waist and hips. Good luck and keep at it xx
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »
    I am 5'1" and at 120. My current goal weight is 110. I was down there last October and was pretty happy with the way I was starting to look. Then went back up to 125 (eek)...really struggling to lose now though. I will reassess at 110 but my ultimate goal weight was 105.

I have done that a couple of times. i feel like because we are small we put weight on quicker. As if i eat wha'ts recommended to maintain weight i can actually put it on.
    110 sounds like a nice weight. Good luck xxx
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    5'2 here, my SW was 180 im currently 162 and trying to get to 140, a little far from my GW which is 125

You have lost alot, how long has that took you?
    good luck xxx
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    NerdyNix wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" also. I started at 180 and I'm now at 158. I'm aiming for 120. Don't think I could ever get as low as 113! My boobs are half my body weight!

You have lost a lot of weight, well done!!
    Ha i used to have bigger boobs i'm around a b/c now.
    120 is a nice goal.
    Think its when you feel good about yourself and everyone's different. Good luck xx
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 & weigh 113 now.

I'm the same its stomach area for me, 110 would be a nice weight. i always thought i'd be happy at 115 but i'm not but dont want to be too skinny either. i dont look fat i just feel it lol. congratulations on your upcoming wedding. xx

Thanks! Yeah sometimes I feel like 110 is kind of low. But, supposedly I have abs under here somewhere... or so they say. I would love to try to put on some muscle, but I'm a little hesitant to eat at or above maintenance in order to do it until after the wedding. Like you said, if I'm not careful I will gain, even around maintenance. And I just don't have the time to workout consistently enough to keep that in check right now.

The struggle is real at all sizes. :smile:
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight right now is 130 - starting weight was 224.8, currently at 210. In my younger days, I was happy around 118, but I'm going to go to 130 and then see how I feel.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3". I started at 209lbs and am now at 159lbs, so 50 pounds lost.

My goal for now is 125lbs. But I'm more aiming for a goal body/body fat % than a goal weight. I have no idea where I'll really end up because I don't care about scale weight. I care about being healthy, my fitness, and how I look a lot more than what the number on the scale reads.

Exhibit A (this is not me):
    image007.jpg
  • laura_h258
    laura_h258 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 as well my goal is 110
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get under 130, and maintain somewhere between 125 and there.