JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    sadmaker wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    ds6099 wrote: »
    jpgarch2 wrote: »
    Buy Shaun T's Insanity and give it all you got. One hour can equate to 500-1000 calories depending on a lot of factors but typically around 4000-500 per 42 minute session. It's tough!! Might want to warm up to it

Does Max 30 burn that many calories?

None of them burn that many, unless you're already very fit.
    The more fit you are, the less you burn

Other way around. Fit people burn a lot more calories (for example) running 30 minutes than do unfit people.

A LOT more.

But only because they are capable of DOING more/harder/stronger/faster- it's not like they inherently burn more because they are fitter.

also- what's up with the young robbin thing?
  • brad837
    brad837 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    brad837 wrote: »
    Kettlebells... Several studies have shown that Kettlebell workouts burn roughly 20.2 calories per minute!
    That's pretty intense and I have seen amazing gains (fat loss) in a very short period of time using KB's.

so you're saying the 10 minutes of single leg RDL I did with my KB suddenly burned 200 calories- roughly the same as the two miles of running I did.

HA.
    Okay- sure. whatever you say.
    have fun getting fat over eating based on those ridiculous over inflated numbers.

A KB isn't special. It is a weight with a handle on it. It burns no more and no less than the equivalent exercise performed with a bar bell or db of similar weight.

Changing the same of it doesn't drastically change the nature of the exercise. Changing the nature of the exercise changes the nature.

I disagree...

What I said, was quoted from an ACE study and several articles that I've read as well as my experience of using KB's extensively for the past 3 years. I wasn't trying to be a dick and I am certainly not 'getting fat' by over eating and using any ridiculous numbers.

As I've said in a different post, when I start a HiiT KB routine, in a very short period of time, a few weeks, using the KB's 2-4 times a week. I see the fat melt off, my abs start to get more pronounced and the vascularity in my arms, chest, and shoulders become much more pronounced. So, yes I'm a fan of KB's and no one will be able to change my mind with a mildly passive aggressive post.

• ronrhoda
    ronrhoda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Swimming!