Slightly nerdy girl looking to lose 70lbs.

Options

Replies

• Inalienable_Property_of_www
    Options
    I've never thought of myself as a nerd, but I suppose I am one - I love Harry Potter, art (I went through 12 years of art schooling..), technology, programming and science. I'm not into video games, though, despite having been a coder on some online ones, which is why I've never really considered myself to be nerdy enough to claim to be a nerd, haha.

Anyways, hi!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Im a mechanical engineer, read more hp fanfics than I care to admit, and I'm currently planning to go to Wasteland Weekend this year (basically a Burning Man festival for Mad Max/Fallout 3/post apocalyptic fans). I also base most/all of my workouts around the apocalypse (semi jokingly). I'm pretty much at goal but add me if you want anyway.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    Im a mechanical engineer, read more hp fanfics than I care to admit, and I'm currently planning to go to Wasteland Weekend this year (basically a Burning Man festival for Mad Max/Fallout 3/post apocalyptic fans). I also base most/all of my workouts around the apocalypse (semi jokingly). I'm pretty much at goal but add me if you want anyway.

Since your workouts revolve around the apocalypse, have you tried the Zombies, Run! app?
  • Harleyb87
    Harleyb87 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    gz1zmti4hurk.jpg If this doesnt prove how nerdy I am I dont know what does lol! Still looking to lose around 40 pounds myself
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »

Since your workouts revolve around the apocalypse, have you tried the Zombies, Run! app?

Yes! lol. I do Krav Maga (Put the bad guy down quick), weight lifting, and running 5ks (mud runs/spartan sprint etc. Sometimes use the Z,R! app). I think if you are still running after 3 miles, you need a new plan, like scaling a building, fighting, using a weapon etc.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »

Yes! lol. I do Krav Maga (Put the bad guy down quick), weight lifting, and running 5ks (mud runs/spartan sprint etc. Sometimes use the Z,R! app). I think if you are still running after 3 miles, you need a new plan, like scaling a building, fighting, using a weapon etc.

I want to do a spartan run so badly but those things are hella expensive!
  • rallicat1
    rallicat1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I literally saw the title of this post and was all "wait...did I post in here??" Fellow geek girl..SuperWhoLock ftw...as well as comics, video games, and all things music. I'm at about 220 now and it's been a long battle. Went vegan and lost a little but gained some after getting a desk job. Totally need all the support I can get to help stay motivated. So..yay friends!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    <~~~Nerdy girl.

I'm not into comic books or video games, but I might have the only six-year-old who has a stuffed Ben Franklin and asked for a stuffed Abraham Lincoln for his birthday!

I like logic games, word games, reading, and statistics (yep). I love HP, LOTR, and was sort of soul-crushed that The Hobbit is over.
  • lesslerz2014
    lesslerz2014 Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    World of Warcraft, Sims, Harry Potter, Cats, Firefly (or Serenity), and Studio Ghibli are just a few of the geeky things I obsess over.
    Edit: by obsess, an example, I mean I camped outside the local theater for days for the harry potter premieres.
    I see some people talking about the Zombies, Run! app, I used it before and it's so fun. I honestly was like tripping over myself trying to run away from the "zombies" haha
    I am 272, 20 something day streak, looking to lose 100+ lbs and lost 7 so far!!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing that many of you enjoy Dr. Who. Thoughts on the new Doctor? I just liked the last one so much that I'm having a hard time adjusting. I'm way behind because both hubby and I are grieving over it, lol.
  • JeylineSS
    JeylineSS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fellow nerd here. Hello everyone! I'm on a journey of losing 90 lbs. I've lost 42 so far. Its totally attainable. I've learned to try your best everyday. If you mess up just try again (no longer hard on myself, is detrimental to my sanity lol). Also most importantly be patient with yourself.
  • goodideabear
    goodideabear Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of myself as a nerd, but I suppose I am one - I love Harry Potter, art (I went through 12 years of art schooling..), technology, programming and science. I'm not into video games, though, despite having been a coder on some online ones, which is why I've never really considered myself to be nerdy enough to claim to be a nerd, haha.

Anyways, hi!

Hahaha, girl! I totally feel you! Which I why I said only slightly nerdy. Lol. I'm not much into the gaming side either, but I'm totally open to branching out. i'm an art major myself, sooo, i totally understand. I've gone to comic con a couple times, and there have been a couple times i've felt out of place. Love the art though!
  • goodideabear
    Options
    World of Warcraft, Sims, Harry Potter, Cats, Firefly (or Serenity), and Studio Ghibli are just a few of the geeky things I obsess over.
    Edit: by obsess, an example, I mean I camped outside the local theater for days for the harry potter premieres.
    I see some people talking about the Zombies, Run! app, I used it before and it's so fun. I honestly was like tripping over myself trying to run away from the "zombies" haha

I've never played wow! But i'm so happy with all the support we're all getting here! Lol, ive never camper out for Harry Potter premieres, but I have been! Love love love it! So exciting :D

I'll have to check out that app! Lol, sounds great!

• goodideabear
    Options
    gz1zmti4hurk.jpg If this doesnt prove how nerdy I am I dont know what does lol! Still looking to lose around 40 pounds myself

Becka! Love the collection! Love some harley!

• lesslerz2014
    lesslerz2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I've never played wow! But i'm so happy with all the support we're all getting here! Lol, ive never camper out for Harry Potter premieres, but I have been! Love love love it! So exciting :D

An ex got me into the game, and we once waited outside 24 hours to get an expansion haha.
    I camped out with my friends, and made friends with the people around us, but staying outside all day waiting for a movie to come out at midnight made me so tired I fell asleep in the middle of one movie!! lmao.

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm soon to be 31 years old, and I decided to want a change in my life. I'm at 254 today, and I'm hoping to lose 70lbs. Sigh... Seems like such a feat.

You probably won't believe this, but it isn't such a feat to lose 70 pounds when we have a lot to lose. All it takes is to start, and to keep on going. You, yes YOU, can do it.

You are never too old or too out of shape to start. I was 255 when I started, 105 pounds over goal weight. I was 53 (my birthday) when I started. I'm still 53. I'm down 75 pounds and counting.

Not only have I lost the weight but I've been very fit and healthy... you get to that point long before you get to goal weight and it feels........... GREAT.

All you need to do is ... start. The first pounds come off fairly easily and help motivate you to keep going. Just start. Now. The future you will thank current you for taking that step.

Yes, I know it feels daunting. I felt that too, for several months, mostly because I was soldiering on all by myself, for most of it. YOU folks have an advantage - you have the support of people here, and all the inspirational stories that can prove to you that it can be done.

• rallicat1
    Options

I have a slight addiction to WoW! And basically every blizzard game.

• rallicat1
    Options
    I'm seeing that many of you enjoy Dr. Who. Thoughts on the new Doctor? I just liked the last one so much that I'm having a hard time adjusting. I'm way behind because both hubby and I are grieving over it, lol.
    I actually like Capaldi. With every regeneration I'm always so against the next one and I always end up falling in love with their interpretation of the Doctor. It's actually Clara I can't seem to get behind.
  • Harleyb87
    Options

Becka! Love the collection! Love some harley!

Thanks! =)
  • Harleyb87
    Options

An ex got me into the game, and we once waited outside 24 hours to get an expansion haha.
    I camped out with my friends, and made friends with the people around us, but staying outside all day waiting for a movie to come out at midnight made me so tired I fell asleep in the middle of one movie!! lmao.

Same here I dont play anymore but I loved it when I did. I play a lot of console games at this point.