Hip to waist ratio. Post your's and pictures!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    0.72: Bust: 38" - Waist 28" - Hips 39" (sometimes 38")

Love my hourglass shape, but having a 10 - 11 inch difference between my waist and hips makes shopping for clothes very difficult, plus I'm tall. Thankfully I have a great seamstress!

Omg i know! My difference is 13.5" and I'm just like screw pants I like leggings anyway. Just wish they were not see through. Has anyone found a magical jean brand that fits this body type?

I've got right around the same difference as you, levi has a brand called "denizen" that Target and some other retailers carry, they have a line made for "curvy women" which are wide through the hip but thin through the waist. They're the only jeans I've found that don't have a huge gap at the back.

Otherwise, yep; leggings, jeggings, or skirts.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This thread is great! I'd never thought of figuring out my HTW before :) It's so interesting seeing everyone else's body shapes/types and stats
    Starting measurements my HTW would have been .83, but since losing it's now .78 :) Most of my weight seems to sit on my lower stomach & bum, so not sure how that affects the result.
    eg5ox7q2eldp.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

Love my hourglass shape, but having a 10 - 11 inch difference between my waist and hips makes shopping for clothes very difficult, plus I'm tall. Thankfully I have a great seamstress!

Omg i know! My difference is 13.5" and I'm just like screw pants I like leggings anyway. Just wish they were not see through. Has anyone found a magical jean brand that fits this body type?

I've got right around the same difference as you, levi has a brand called "denizen" that Target and some other retailers carry, they have a line made for "curvy women" which are wide through the hip but thin through the waist. They're the only jeans I've found that don't have a huge gap at the back.

The DENIZENS are awesome, and they're so cheap!
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Kirraghime wrote: »
    34, 26, 36.

20130512_205937_zps1fc6fc31.jpg

I'm surprised you have such a large hip to waist ratio, because in that picture your waist looks exactly equal to your hips.

Ouch...that's kinda harsh! :s I mean if she measured correctly, then it is what it is! The pic looks like it was taken at a bad angle too.
  • blueyellowhorse
    Options
    I have a picture in my profile. My W/H ratio is 0.67 with a 28" waist and 42" hips.

Btw, W/H ratio is just one tool to determine possible health risks related to bodyfat. It's not the end-all, be-all determinant of health. Unfortunately I lost my old data so I can't tell you the exact numbers but mine hasn't been over 0.85 even when I was obese just because I'm built like that. Doesn't mean that I didn't have way too much abdominal fat, it just was—and still is— mainly below my waist. Just like someone with a more rectangular built can absolutely have a higher ratio despite very little abdominal fat.

Very good point!
  • blueyellowhorse
    Options
    I'd post pics and take my measurements, but I've been a very bad girl lately. Give me a few days to a week for my waist and stomach to shrink again, lol. :#
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options

OMG going to look it up now! Thank you! How do you do skirts btw? For me they go up wayyy too high in the back. I am 5'8" so maybe thats why. :cry:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've got right around the same difference as you, levi has a brand called "denizen" that Target

I can't find anything :cry: It looks like they're not available anymore. :cold_sweat:

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what mine is, I'll have to measure later. It isn't much I don't think judging from this photo:
    v4m8xa7rjofc.jpg

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

OMG going to look it up now! Thank you! How do you do skirts btw? For me they go up wayyy too high in the back. I am 5'8" so maybe thats why. :cry:

I'm only an inch or so shy of you. I find with skirts it's just all about the material, I either get something with a thicker elasticized band at the top, or make sure I'm buying more jersey products than nice ones.
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    85lbs left to lose at 5'7". 0.73 ratio with a 37" Waist and 51" Hips. But I've always had an hour glass shape and low blood pressure and low cholesterol. My initial weight loss motivator was for looks and blood sugar issues. Sorry, no pics yet.