Girls, did your breasts shrink after losing a lot of weight?

Options
JessicaLSpinder
JessicaLSpinder Posts: 14 Member
edited July 2015 in Getting Started
I am a big gal with big breasts. Something I've always wondered is, do your breasts shrink when you lose 100+ pounds?

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 and they seemed to sag, but I knew they would from the genetics I got from my mom. I still have a lot to go, but I did get a reduction/lift because they were BAD. When I lose more, if they aren't big enough then I'll get implants.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I lost 70, before gaining it all back, and my cup size stayed the same but my band size went down. It varies with everyone though. You won't find out if you have fat breasts until you loose weight, which would be when they shrink. Good luck to you!
  • AngelaAlario
    AngelaAlario Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you lose 100+ pounds your breasts will undoubtedly shrink. The majority of your breasts are fatty tissue and some breast tissue (the part that will never go away.) My bra size changes every time I lose weight.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Yes. And it's not pretty. There will be a learning curve to loving your new body. Or at least that's been my experience.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much breast tissue vs fat you have in them. My mom can lose 100 lbs and only go down band sizes because genetics. I've lost 30 and it's held true for me too.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    lovematthewchristopher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have lost 75 pounds and my cup as well as my band size have changed. Was not as surprising as my foot size changing though!!!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much breast tissue vs fat you have in them. My mom can lose 100 lbs and only go down band sizes because genetics. I've lost 30 and it's held true for me too.

I'm definitely the opposite. Any minor loss in weight and it comes right off my chest.

Which for me, is totally okay. I prefer how I look as a small-chested gal as opposed to when they get fuller. I feel awkward when they're bigger.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    my T&A were the first things to jump ship. :'(

but I've worked hard, and I like my new body, so it's all good (new & improved T&A are perky). ;)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type. I'm an hourglass so I lose everywhere pretty evenly. I didn't start losing my boobs 'til I got to about 30 lbs lost. Now at almost 50, I'm down a cup size. I'm normally 2 cup sizes smaller when I'm a healthy weight so I'm anticipating more loss there.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    A little bit. My cup size actually increased due to the shrinking band size. I don't know how that works but it happened. FTR I lost 20 pounds.
  • triciab79new
    triciab79new Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    40dd to 32c after 100lbs
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sadly yes. And I never had much to begin with :disappointed:

Depends on the individual though. You may not lose much size, if any.
  • giasaurus
    giasaurus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sort of? But I also got better fitting bras. I've lost about 70lbs and went from wearing a 42DDD to wearing a 38F. I have much better support and posture and shape under my clothes.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I can tell you the reverse...I went from a 34D at 133 pounds to a 38D at 192 pounds. Now I am around a 36D at 153 pounds. I anticipate to be in the 34D range when I am back at goal again. I guess I am usually fairly proportionate, but technically a 34D is smaller than a 38D, however I looked much bustier when the rest of me was smaller.
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight at 180 and more I was in a C I believe. When I got down to 145 to 150 I was in a B, borderline A! I didn't like it but I'd rather not be overweight. Everyone's different but I can assure a loss of 100 lbs would Def effect the boobs...at least I think
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Um, yes. 38C to 32A :'(
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am a big gal with big breasts. Something I've always wondered is, do your breasts shrink when you lose 100+ pounds?
    yes, they will shrink, it's fatty tissue in them.

• PTTanya
    PTTanya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost cup size and band size. However they look bigger because the rest of me is smaller.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100lbs, and yeah, my breasts can swim in the cups of my old bras. But my breasts/cup size now are about the same size relative to my current band size as they were before. I've maintained a D or DD cup throughout my weightloss.

But yeah, technically, my breasts do not occupy as much space as they did 100+ lbs ago, they are not as full or as round or as pretty, etc.
  • stephakneeeee
    stephakneeeee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds, and I only went down a cup size, but they weren't particularly HUGE to begin with (I was a C and went to a B). They definitely "deflate" though. I found doing chest exercises to build muscle in that general area helped keep things as perky as they could be :)