5ft 2 weightloss goals?

Options

Replies

• BrunettexBarbie
    BrunettexBarbie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think the core (pun intended) story is that everyone's different. Even at the same height, we have different healthy goals. I'm 5'2" on a good day (the last nurse that measured me called me 5'1"--grrr!) and I couldn't imagine weighing 110 lbs. I started weighing myself when I was 11 and I weighed more than that! lol And, it's not because I was huge, must be big boned (and certainly curvy, even back then....). My lowest post-teen weight was 122, at which I was a comfortable size 2 and people called me "skinny" and told me I looked "too skinny" and should gain a bit (and not just my mother!). I'm a 4 between 125 and 130 and no one complains about that. My current weight is 140 (size 8 and don't feel overly fat, just not skinny either) and I'd like to get back into the 120's and stay there.

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Aww i think 120 is a good target that was my original target then after 2 years at that weight i decided i wanted to lose some more and exercise more etc Good luck xxx
  • alynned22
    alynned22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    alynned22 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 my goal weight is 120 lbs. I started at 160 and I'm at 128 currently. 8 more lbs to go! I may re-evaluate at 120 but we will see how I feel. Good luck everyone!!

Good luck its always better setting yourself achievable goals. I have to do so many squats to keep my bum during weightloss, you may notice that whilst your dropping the lbs xx

Haha don't tell me that! So far my bum has been safe
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. SW: 262 CW: 188 GW: 130-140. We will see about this. It is a first for me so as I lose more I'll start wanting more muscle and hopefully I'll be able to weigh a little more and look a little better.
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". SW: 133 (1/1/15) CW: 121 GW: 113

same goal as me. i think if i went thinner i would look like a child lol good luck xx

Thanks!

• 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. My starting weight was 190 and I am currently 154. I would like to weigh 120 but I will decide as I get closer. People carry weight differently. I can't believe I weighed practically 200 pounds at my height. But hey, I'm working on it.
  • heyyoutoo
    heyyoutoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5", can I round up? My SW was 132.5, CW 120.5, GW 115. I know I can get there, but now at age 55 it will be interesting to see if I can maintain there.
  • stardavis1
    stardavis1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sheesh you ladies are truly an inspiration. I just started my journey at the beginning of this week and my weight is 230 . I just can't seem to stay under my calorie goals for the day of 1265 but my GW is 130. How have you ladies done it?? I need help ASAP . Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • petitehealth
    Options
    stardavis1 wrote: »
    Sheesh you ladies are truly an inspiration. I just started my journey at the beginning of this week and my weight is 230 . I just can't seem to stay under my calorie goals for the day of 1265 but my GW is 130. How have you ladies done it?? I need help ASAP . Feel free to add me if you like :)

that calorie goal sounds a bit low for the beginning of your journey. how did you come up with your daily cal goal? I used webmd to start http://www.webmd.com/diet/body-bmi-calculator

have you tried burning extra calories so u can eat a bit more during your day?
  • petitehealth
    Options
    Its funny..last night my husband and I were talking about this. I said I was about 25lbs to goal..I said realistically, I should aim for 125 but then I said "I can never be that!" .. My husband says "And why not?" I said because "it wasnt me" and Im meant to be heavier. I was 125 in 8th grade the last time. I think maybe Im scared to try for it??I dunno..thanks for making me think about this!!!

great job. are you also 5'2?
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

That's too low for your current weight. What base does MFP tell you to eat at 2lbs/wk? (Base being calories allowed before you start moving and upping your total with exercise calories.)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Are you losing more than 2 pounds per week or more?
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you and Allison, Brunette. I'm also 5'2". I got down to 108 lbs. before I went on maintenance on July 1st. I'm up to 110 lbs. now, but have been steady for the past week. My stomach is also my most troubled spot. However, since going on maintenance I've noticed slight difference (good ones) and my strength continues to increase. Are you doing any kind of strength training? Building some muscle and keeping protein intake high (my goal is at least 70-80 grams a day) will help burn fat in the long run too.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    SW: 184ish
    CW: 145ish
    GW: was 130. Well, I was aiming for 125 which would give me a 5 lb leeway to keep me under for my age and height. Now, 140 and reassess.

But since I'm getting into lifting, I know my body will change by doing that. So, now my goal would be to get to 140 and see how my body reacts to the lifting. If I get closer to what "they" (whoever they are) says for my age, then fine. But if not, that's fine too. Because even if the scale says some number "I" don't want, at least my body will be where "she" wants and show something different. I don't want to be a slave to the scale. Being healthy, strong and fit is my goal now.
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    jeichelb83 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you and Allison, Brunette. I'm also 5'2". I got down to 108 lbs. before I went on maintenance on July 1st. I'm up to 110 lbs. now, but have been steady for the past week. My stomach is also my most troubled spot. However, since going on maintenance I've noticed slight difference (good ones) and my strength continues to increase. Are you doing any kind of strength training? Building some muscle and keeping protein intake high (my goal is at least 70-80 grams a day) will help burn fat in the long run too.

I am starting weight training again as I'm happy ish now and nearly at goal weight,
    And walk every day for an hour as an extra and don't log it.
    I find it far too easy to put weight back on. :/
  • BrunettexBarbie
    Options
    5'2"
    SW: 184ish
    CW: 145ish
    GW: was 130. Well, I was aiming for 125 which would give me a 5 lb leeway to keep me under for my age and height. Now, 140 and reassess.

But since I'm getting into lifting, I know my body will change by doing that. So, now my goal would be to get to 140 and see how my body reacts to the lifting. If I get closer to what "they" (whoever they are) says for my age, then fine. But if not, that's fine too. Because even if the scale says some number "I" don't want, at least my body will be where "she" wants and show something different. I don't want to be a slave to the scale. Being healthy, strong and fit is my goal now.

I find if so easy to put the weight back on which is why I'm logging everything forever now ha good luck xx
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 130... I'm 61 y.o. I was at an all time high of 172 and came into MFP 1 week ago and have lost 4 lbs so far.
    Sounds like you've done great... nearly to your goal. Congratulations!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I started at 171. I got down to 117. I looked too thin and people called me on it. When I actually looked at pictures I did look too fragile so I gained a bit.

124-128 is where I am now.

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    5'2. SW 204, CW about 180, GW about 130. Totally flexible. It's not really about appearance but more about feeling healthy for myself. I'm had three children and am in mid-30's.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Would love to see pics of various weights of people at 5'2 height if anyone cares to share :)
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently 120. I'd really like to lose 5-10 more pounds, so between 110-115 would be ideal. I've been 105 (a couple years ago) but people were all concerned because I looked so bony! A year ago I was 125 and it's been so tough losing this weight. I'm 36 now and wow! Watch out kids - the metabolism slows down. This is eating 1200-1350 and exercising 5 days or so a week. The weight finally started to come off once I stopped just running and incorporated HITT and strength training from DVDS and YouTube videos. I highly recommend the Fitness Blender workouts!