I keep losing and gaining the same pound.. frustrating

Options
2»

Replies

• Zurichnee
    Zurichnee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am generally around 164 and trying to get to 145. 159 is that elusive number I just can't get to! I seem to lose and gain the same 4 pounds over and over! Down a couple, up one...down one, up one...never ending! I try to cut back, exercise...eat on target...nope...same old, same old! So I gave up for awhile which was WRONG! Don't do that - now I'm back up to 164 from 161...starting all over again!

I like the suggestions of eating more and switching up your routine. See if that works...I'm going to try that too!
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 more pounds.. I'm watching evrything I eat and getting to the gym as often as possible.. but one day I'm 130 pounds... next day 130.4, then 131 and so on... aarrghhhhh,,,,,,

How often is "as often as possible"? Remember the last few lbs are the hardest to lose!! Linda/RN

3 or 4 days a week... the gym is over 20 miles from my house....
  • Diana061
    Options
    Diet cherry pepsi and i only allow one a day
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say as your food logs are incomplete. But..they days it looks like you did complete I'd say you are under eating.
    Are you doing resistance training? Muscle burns fat and when you're down to those last 10 lbs it's really hard to get rid of.

there are a few days last week where my computer wasnt working .. rather than try to remember everything those few days... I jsut skipped them.. the rest of my food diary should be complete

I Looked back for last 2 weeks - I think 1 day you ate over 1200 calories (1238) Otherwise every other day you were under 1200. I see you mentioned computer wasn't working, even though you skipped logging them, does that mean you went over 1200 calories or under?

You should try to log fully everything, and then you can also notice hidden sodium and sugars in your food.
  • Diana061
    Options
    It's hard to say as your food logs are incomplete. But..they days it looks like you did complete I'd say you are under eating.
    Are you doing resistance training? Muscle burns fat and when you're down to those last 10 lbs it's really hard to get rid of.

there are a few days last week where my computer wasnt working .. rather than try to remember everything those few days... I jsut skipped them.. the rest of my food diary should be complete

I Looked back for last 2 weeks - I think 1 day you ate over 1200 calories (1238) Otherwise every other day you were under 1200. I see you mentioned computer wasn't working, even though you skipped logging them, does that mean you went over 1200 calories or under?

You should try to log fully everything, and then you can also notice hidden sodium and sugars in your food.

I eat similar each day.. sometimes i leave some calories to account for any errors
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been at the same crossroads too for the last month - I don't recall if you said how long you've been in this plateau. My brother who is a trainer suggested to me the following.

1. Work out in the mornings
    2. Stay under your 500 calorie a day debt (eat your exercise calories back if you are hungry)
    3. Eat all your calories 4 hours before bedtime so your stomach is not digesting and during the sleep process when the body is regenerating in a different way you will be burning fat rather than digesting.
    4. Eat your protein earlier in the day.
    5. Have complex and green veggie based carbs rather than all simple carbs
    6. BE PATIENT - the body sometimes takes some time to catch up to what we are doing. Just because my mind can control my body doesn't mean it's going to respond in a liner fashion right away. Give the changes a month (this seems like a long time but that is what he said).
    7. Do your best and then go out and live your life, oh and "don't over think this".

Hope some of that helps - let me know how it goes and feel free to friend me.
  • Diana061
    Options
    I've been at the same crossroads too for the last month - I don't recall if you said how long you've been in this plateau. My brother who is a trainer suggested to me the following.

1. Work out in the mornings
    2. Stay under your 500 calorie a day debt (eat your exercise calories back if you are hungry)
    3. Eat all your calories 4 hours before bedtime so your stomach is not digesting and during the sleep process when the body is regenerating in a different way you will be burning fat rather than digesting.
    4. Eat your protein earlier in the day.
    5. Have complex and green veggie based carbs rather than all simple carbs
    6. BE PATIENT - the body sometimes takes some time to catch up to what we are doing. Just because my mind can control my body doesn't mean it's going to respond in a liner fashion right away. Give the changes a month (this seems like a long time but that is what he said).
    7. Do your best and then go out and live your life, oh and "don't over think this".

Hope some of that helps - let me know how it goes and feel free to friend me.

I work out in the mornings before going to work
    I dont think i can eat all my calories 4 hours before bed .. but i will try.. I might have to go to bed later..lol thanks I added you as friend
  • Diana061
    Options
    damn there is that pound again... arrrghhhhh.............