5ft 2 weightloss goals?

Options

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Would love to see pics of various weights of people at 5'2 height if anyone cares to share :)

Go to http://www.mybodygallery.com and see how incredibly different any two women can look at 5'2" and the exact same weight.

I'm 5'2" and 115 lbs., sedentary, and I eat 1,800 calories. It makes me sad to see how many of all y'all are eating 1,200.
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I gain if I eat more unfortunately :( I've tried upping my calories. I think everyone is different.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    There's no way I can eat that little. I had it set to 1lb a week but then I couldn't exercise very much (couple small short walks) and the drop down to 1350 was driving me mad. I keep bumping it to .5 loss so I can eat more. I like food..
  • pooks1976
    pooks1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and 5'2. SW was 115, CW is 110, and GW is 105. I was 108 a year ago, so 105 seems achievable with some effort. Losing at about 1/2 lbs. a week. I have a small frame, small breasts, and carry most of my extra weight in my lower abdomen, so I feel I look best at the lower end of a healthy BMI.
  • 80eightkeys
    80eightkeys Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 18. My SW was 155, my CW is 137, and my current GW is 120. I might lower it when I get there. I was hoping to get to my goal weight before I went back to school, but I might have to extend my deadline.
  • wealthychica
    wealthychica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    laceyjjj wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and currently 120. I'd really like to lose 5-10 more pounds, so between 110-115 would be ideal. I've been 105 (a couple years ago) but people were all concerned because I looked so bony! A year ago I was 125 and it's been so tough losing this weight. I'm 36 now and wow! Watch out kids - the metabolism slows down. This is eating 1200-1350 and exercising 5 days or so a week. The weight finally started to come off once I stopped just running and incorporated HITT and strength training from DVDS and YouTube videos. I highly recommend the Fitness Blender workouts!

Hi @laceyjjj: how long did it take you to reach 120. I am also 5'2" current weight 126.4, starting weight 134 and goal weight is 110-115. It took me about 11 weeks to get to my current weight. This is with ~1200 calories and ~ 5-6 days/ week exercise. Age is 40.
  • sheila2323
    sheila2323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11". My goal is 103 - wedding weight. Just started Saturday and have 110 pound to go.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and my goal is 105. I'm currently 115 :)
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0. When I started I was around 120-122. I got as high as 123 and change... I was really unhappy about it and decided to buckle down and track as accurately as possible. My goal back then was 117. When I got down to 117, I said 115. Now, I'm hovering around 115 and my new goal is 110.

Fluctuating around 115 I still have a lot of flab on my stomach. The 5-8 pounds I lost must have been a thin layer all over because my stomach feels just a flabby as before.

I keep seeing posts about recomposition and maybe that's where I need focus my attention. I'd be curious to know what my bf% is, but I'm not willing to shell out any money to find out.

• seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I'm 5'0. When I started I was around 120-122. I got as high as 123 and change... I was really unhappy about it and decided to buckle down and track as accurately as possible. My goal back then was 117. When I got down to 117, I said 115. Now, I'm hovering around 115 and my new goal is 110.

Fluctuating around 115 I still have a lot of flab on my stomach. The 5-8 pounds I lost must have been a thin layer all over because my stomach feels just a flabby as before.

I keep seeing posts about recomposition and maybe that's where I need focus my attention. I'd be curious to know what my bf% is, but I'm not willing to shell out any money to find out.

Yeah it sounds like you should focus more on strength training/toning your body! There are some websites that calculate your bf% based on measurements you take of your body along with other information like height/weight/etc. Although not 100% accurate, it could give you a good idea! Also there are scales on Amazon that aren't too expensive (some around $40 or $50 maybe?) that calculate your weight AND body fat percentage!
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi @laceyjjj: how long did it take you to reach 120. I am also 5'2" current weight 126.4, starting weight 134 and goal weight is 110-115. It took me about 11 weeks to get to my current weight. This is with ~1200 calories and ~ 5-6 days/ week exercise. Age is 40.[/quote]

It's taken me about a year, only because I screw up more than I'd like to :) I have a lot of social commitments this year so maybe once a week or every other week I may go way over (like 300 or 400 calories) Once I added the strength training (body weight, light weights) it has started coming off faster. It really depends on the person, I think. Also, when you don't have much to lose, it's been my experience that your body wants to hold onto it! If you were really diligent with weighing and measuring you could probably lose it in 2-3 months.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The smaller you are, the more slowly you lose weight. That's just the way the human body works. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week and be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.

Undereating will not get you to goal any more quickly. In fact, it usually leads to bingeing.

I'm 5'2", and got from 154 to 115
    by following the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • BrunettexBarbie
    BrunettexBarbie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @editorgrrl that sounds like good advice i have dropped weight and find it hard to eat 1200 a day

154 -115 is amazing! well done xx

• BrunettexBarbie
    BrunettexBarbie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Would love to see pics of various weights of people at 5'2 height if anyone cares to share :)

I'm 115lbs skinny legs and top heavy
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is around 140, but I'm a long way off that yet and have a hell of a lot to go...may change as I get closer, but 10 stone is unimaginable for me at the moment!
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sure :) TY for all the kind words!!

• shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

here it is :)
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

These are fairly similar dresses. (The full length obviously does elongate my whole body. And I've also been practicing how to pose! Haha.) But this is a difference of (only?) 5 lbs. I started focusing on strength training and eating better in January.

yyb2tesi5h9d.jpg
  • bbontheb
    Options

I'm 115lbs skinny legs and top heavy

Wowee! You don't look top heavy to me. You look great!

• bbontheb
    Options
    here it is :)

OMG I love how you did that progress pic collage (not sure what you call them). You must want to look at that often to see how far you have become. You look fantastic and happy!