2 weeks for abs

Options
2»

Replies

• sbukx
    sbukx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should rephrase. Anybody got any tips to help shred the fat on my stomach ( obviously will shred elsewhere too ), e.g good foods, exercises, combination? I'm not a fitness pro and not claiming to be, wanting a little help just to feel good on holiday which is in 2 weeks.
  • ashleighs148
    ashleighs148 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    She doesn't have to prove anything. sbukx 2 weeks isn't long but you might as well start now, then it can only get better. :) x
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    sbukx wrote: »
    Maybe I should rephrase. Anybody got any tips to help shred the fat on my stomach ( obviously will shred elsewhere too ), e.g good foods, exercises, combination? I'm not a fitness pro and not claiming to be, wanting a little help just to feel good on holiday which is in 2 weeks.

There's not much you can do. You can't spot reduce nor choose where you want to lose body fat. If you are eating at a deficit, just continue that. Try to be more precise with your eating, for example weighing/measuring every thing you eat or drink.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    She doesn't have to prove anything. sbukx 2 weeks isn't long but you might as well start now, then it can only get better. :) x

and yes, I agree. She doesn't have to prove anything to anyone here. This thread isn't about that.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think in some of your other threads people have already recommended you look at recomposition. Try searching that term on google and MFP. If you're at a healthy weight and just aren't happy with what you look like in a mirror, recomp is often the path.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

The answer isn't going to change though. Unfortunately, you can't just "shred" fat in 2 weeks in an effective/healthy.

You say you're already lean, just be happy with the package you have.
  • sbukx
    sbukx Posts: 16 Member
    Options

and yes, I agree. She doesn't have to prove anything to anyone here. This thread isn't about that.

Thank you ladies.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I healthy eat of course, and im lean, Just need the abs to show shred that tiny bit of fat off the stomach

It's largely a pointless exercise. The only realistic option is severe dehydration which is dangerous and even if you did achieve it would last less than a day or two before the resulting return of water would mask any "results" you had secured (presuming you didn't get sick right away and spoil your holiday entirely.)

Eat more protein, keep fat sensible and eat lower carbs, keep training hard in the next few weeks and enjoy yourself when you go away. I am sure you will look fabulous anyway ;)

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

You can't pick where your fat comes off. So even if you lost 5 pounds between now and next Friday, it wouldn't necessarily come from your midsection.

At this point, the best plan is to eat a low sodium diet (maybe low cruciferous veggies too) and drink plenty of water to avoid bloating. In the long term, cutting more fat through an overall caloric deficit and then building ab muscles (by eating at or above maintenance), and then if you ate above maintenance cutting more fat, will work toward visible abs. But visible abs are not always easily maintainable for extended periods of time.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    for abs you need a combination of low body fat and developed muscles. Even if you have low body fat but your abdominal muscles are under developed you won't have impressive abs. Developing those muscles will take a while. Minimum of 6 months with a recomp, maybe faster if you bulk then cut.
  • mark6281991
    mark6281991 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    maybe faster if you bulk then cut.[/quote]

You would think that is true but it's not in all reality. Your body has a set amount of protein it will use to increase muscle mass and anything over that will just be added as far only. So it's really no different to be at a 100 calorie surplus a day versus a 3500 cal surplus. The second one just adds more fat, nothing else. With that said building muscle takes time, more than 2 weeks.