Women 20-25yrs old ... Any Takers?

Options
Hi there :) I'm wondering if there are other women out there who have 30-60 lbs to lose and are in their early to mid 20's...

Would you guys like to start a buddy group where we add each other as friends and stay in touch 2-3 times a week minimum so as to build a solid support system to help each other along out weight loss adventure.

I'm 23 and I'm starting this adventure at 207lbs and my goal is the 150's hopefully by the end of this year :) I'm also a mother to a VERY active 2yr old little boy lol and I know he'd like his mommy to be more excited about playing active games with him so he's a big part of why I'm trying to get in shape this summer...

How about you?

Replies

• vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    Well im def looking to get down to 150 !! haha longg way to go .. my first goal is 180 then ill work my way down.... how tall r u?
  • plentyoo7
    plentyoo7 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm in! I need to get down to at least 145, but I'm aiming for 135. 30+ lbs. :\
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and am looking to get to 155, so I'm in :)
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm definitely in! 24 years old, little over 50 pounds left to lose. I can use all the motivation I can get! :laugh:
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    23 and trying to lose 20-25. Im very active here, so feel free to add me :-)
  • MissKickinCurves
    MissKickinCurves Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" And I kinda fall into the hourglass figure group lol although at times I feel more like a pear :)
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 23.. have lost 68 but workin on a bit over a hundred more.. still would love a group of ladies to check in with regularly!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Is 26 too old?? hehehe.. i'm 5'10 and started at 212, down to 209 and looking to be at 175-180 for November 2011 and then down to 165-170 by April 2012. My goal is 1.5-2 pounds a week! So I'm in if ya'll have me :)
  • elouise86
    elouise86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Im 24 - lost 22 pounds so far and looking to loose at least another stone - feel free to add me
  • ang5593
    ang5593 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi! I'm in.. I'm 21, 5' 3" and have about 40-ish pounds left to lose! I'd like to hit a goal weight of 140-145 then go from there. Definitely could use the motivation and accountability!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well I ALMOST fit the criteria. Haha. I would love to be a buddy though. :) I'm 19 weighing in at 215 and aiming for 150 by the end of this year. [Edit: Oh and I'm 5'4!] I have a son that will be 2 this year and he wears me out! I'd love to atleast somewhat keep up with him..hehe. I started a week ago (May 23rd) and have lost 5 lbs. so far!
    Feel free to add me ladies! And good luck! :)
  • edith87
    edith87 Posts: 1
    Options
    So in I just join. So hopefully this will work am a mom of two lil girls who I am doing it for..
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I started a similar topic not too long ago that you might want to check out since there are many people like us on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/244139-21-26-year-olds-with-40-lbs-to-lose

Nice to know there are SOO many young people wanting to make changes in their life! I am 25 and currently have 50 pounds to lose, so I'm in!!! :smile:
  • MissKickinCurves
    Options
    Wow guys thanks for the great turnout! I started this thread in hopes of meeting at least 2-3 other women around my age with similar goals... But this is awesome!

Congrats to everyone on here for taking the first step in reaching your goals and that is to find like minded people... I wish the best to all of you and lets lose together :)

@ the ladies not 20-25 ~ Every woman looking to better your life is totally welcome here I just set the age as I did in hopes of getting a group of people with similar interests thats all :) Welcome and Good luck!
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you.
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    think i may have miss the 25 year mark by nearly 2 years.. :laugh: , but i do hope we can all come together and motivate each other.. i have more than 60lbs to lose but 60lbs would do me just fine right now lol
  • Mbrooks81188
    Options
    I'm 22 and looking to get down to 150! I'm in!
  • Elise1931
    Elise1931 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I'm 23 and about 5'4" , would like to lose 50lbs. :D
  • MissKickinCurves
    Options
    Wow guys great turnout! I'll try and keep different challenges going from time to time to keep us all motivated and I'll post them to my friend feed so if you don't have me as your friend already just add me and we'll lose this weight together :)
    Good Luck Everyone
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i'm 23 and my current weight is about 176. my goal is 125 so thats a loss of 51 pounds and i'm 5'2. i have 2 children, 4 and 2 so i'm attempting to do this even though working out with them awake is NOT an option. can't have the house caught on fire. lol.