(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Options
welcome-smiley.gif

** CareBear2 was our 500th poster on the previous forum so I had to start a new one!!! Please read the last posts on the old forum as there were some good tips (a link to our old post and this new one are on our web site). Each days challenges are also saved on our Web site for easy referencing: www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge **

FOR MY BOBERS:
WEEK 2 WEIGHINS ARE DUE!!! MESSAGE me your weight and I will post week 2 winners on Wednesday, June 1st!

FOR NEW PEOPLE WANTING TO JOIN:

Are you tired of the belly bulges that form when you sit down? :grumble:

Feel like your dryer shrank your clothes? :noway:

Do you want to be hot :glasses: and sexy :love: for the summer and beyond? :bigsmile:

If you're in need of some new motivation :huh: and missed the deadline to join a challenge group:ohwell: - have no fear, you've found the right spot!!! :wink:

This challenge is for those who are serious and whole-heartedly committed to losing weight and feeling great!!! :happy:

We started May 16, 2011, but YOU CAN JOIN AT ANY TIME!! I will add you into the spreadsheet according to when you joined so you can be grouped with those who started at the same time as you to compare progress. - ALL THE MOST CURRENT RULES CAN BE FOUND HERE: www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES so I can more easily track everyones progress!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    START OF WEEK 3!!!! Send your week 2 monday weighins!

happy-monday1.jpg?w=377&h=322

MONDAY MAY 30th - DAY 16! “START ME UP!”

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK (this is new) – This week we are going to focus on physical activity! Challenges each day will be physical in nature.

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    How many people met yesterday's challenge and stayed under calories?!? We have a lot of new faces starting with us this week, and this is the start of a new week! So let’s ‘start it up’ and ‘get our bodies vicious’ – today’s challenge is to ‘work on my fitness’ (thanks Fergie haha) – BURN AT LEAST 150 CALORIES TODAY!!! (we’ll start small for those partying today – you still need to burn a little somethin!!)

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. START ME UP – Rolling Stones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG2b3VhSCC4
    2. FERGALICIOUS – Fergie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0utQ-XWGY
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    Which physical activity have you done and noticed burns the most calories in the least amount of time?

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Weigh in not so good today... I am super disapointed with myself!!! Time to step it up another notch!!! Looking forward to the rest of the week!
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Keep it up though Rosey!! You'll make it next weigh in!!

Good job on the new challenge, I think it makes it more interesting!
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    good one!!!!

unfortunatly, exercise was not that regular last week, so I like this weeks challenge and I will definently step it up!!!
    lets do this fellow MFP'ers..... :tongue:
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    woop woooopo - weigh in day!! good luick to everyone! and regardless to today's results - i know we'll all KILL it for next week! show these holidays who's really the boss ;)
  • mishkamichelle
    Options
    I am disappointed in my weigh-in today. I thought I would have lost more, but at least I did have a loss (allbeit a small one). Guess it is time to work harder!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    So I only lost a 1lb this week. Not so great but a loss is a loss. I have had so major issues in my life and I am not turning to food for comfort I went to the gym 2 times this week out of frustration and stress. I am an emotional eater and I am trying to conquer this battle internally. So those 2 decisions show more progress in my eyes that the scale did this week. I work in an ice cream shop I have not been "sampling" I have been bring healthy choice meals to work and snacks. I bought a brita water pitcher for here as well. I am getting to the gym when my crazy schedule allows it. I have been parking further away to get extra steps in, taking stairs instead of elevators, playing with my dog more. I cant track those extras so I know I am doing what I can. I promise to myself and to my fellow bob'ers I will do the work, I will continue be an active participant in my life and my journey to get healthy. Happy Memorial Day. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Happy losing.
    Lesley
  • andtian
    andtian Posts: 47
    Options
    So I only lost a 1lb this week. Not so great but a loss is a loss. I have had so major issues in my life and I am not turning to food for comfort I went to the gym 2 times this week out of frustration and stress. I am an emotional eater and I am trying to conquer this battle internally. So those 2 decisions show more progress in my eyes that the scale did this week. I work in an ice cream shop I have not been "sampling" I have been bring healthy choice meals to work and snacks. I bought a brita water pitcher for here as well. I am getting to the gym when my crazy schedule allows it. I have been parking further away to get extra steps in, taking stairs instead of elevators, playing with my dog more. I cant track those extras so I know I am doing what I can. I promise to myself and to my fellow bob'ers I will do the work, I will continue be an active participant in my life and my journey to get healthy. Happy Memorial Day. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Happy losing.
    Lesley

Lesley, you are INSPIRATIONAL.
    I hope you have a great week on your health journey.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thank You. I am here with everyone else. battling with my weight because I let food control my life. I let my emotions rule. I am 27 and I have finally checked into my life. I hope you have a great week as well.

Happy Losing,
    Lesley
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Remember to recalculate your calories as you lose a few pounds. If you do not, you will find that you hit a plateau. If you are disappointed with your weight loss, that may be a factor. Also remember to hydrate. Be proud of even your small successes or you will set yourself up for failure.
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    Hey guys,

Remember to recalculate your calories as you lose a few pounds. If you do not, you will find that you hit a plateau. If you are disappointed with your weight loss, that may be a factor. Also remember to hydrate. Be proud of even your small successes or you will set yourself up for failure.

completely agree! even small losses are awesome losses! and they DO say that the slower the weight comes off, the longer you keep it off, don't they? in the end it's really about how you feel - which should be fantastic! even just being on this site is one step ahead of a LOT of people, and even just one day of being more active is probably more than you would have done before!

i hate seeing people being discouraged by the scale lol. regardless of what it says, YOU are still doing great everyone :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Bumping for myself. Thanks for creating this challenge! I'm not losing much (0.5 lbs. per week allowance) But I want to keep on track!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump...just so I can find the new post! :)
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I barely made my goal. And I think it was just luck I definitely need to be more active. Since I despise physical exercise, my plans for movement involve a hula hoop, roller skates and the outdoors. Not necessarily all together! Or can they be........?
  • TheLanora
    TheLanora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was good, and burned wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more than 150 calories by getting "physical". Walked 6 mi very early this morning, before attending any holiday festivities! It works if you work it! :drinker:
  • Amy_Do
    Amy_Do Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey everyone - met the challenge for Monday - did a swim- wasn't up for mych yesterday but thought doing something would be better than nothing. Have my family visiting at the moment and its making it a bit difficult to stick to my regime but am slowly getting back at it - Good job to everyone who lost or maintained this week - if you didn't don't stress just regroup and focus and know that we are all behind you in this never ending battle - we all have ups and downs its how we pick ourselves up and push forward that counts. Hope everyone has a great week -
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    :devil: :devil: Burned over 1000 calories today take that Monday challenge!!!!!!!!! Gonna hit my goal this week :devil: :devil:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Had been having trouble over past 2 weeks

weigh in is 174.8
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hey... I just joined today! Since I'm a newbie to this... where are the challenges located?? I just looked at the website and I don't see one for Monday. The most recent is Sunday. So I'm thinking I'm looking in the wrong place! Thanks!