Get Your Ink Out

Options

Replies

• Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    i wasnt looking at the tattoo...

I would get one, but im undecided. I like some Celtic shoulder stuff, reaching from shoulder to shoulder front or back.
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Lol you got a Hulk Hogan tattoo for your ex boyfriend. Well at least it's not his name, so it's not that bad.
  • lilaude
    lilaude Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1dr5isnzfpng.jpg

Had the dragon done first just because. Recently added the shield with initial of last name. The vine is the infinity symbol with the word love and my boys' names. The flowers are their birth month flower.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    lilaude wrote: »
    1dr5isnzfpng.jpg

Had the dragon done first just because. Recently added the shield with initial of last name. The vine is the infinity symbol with the word love and my boys' names. The flowers are their birth month flower.

I'm in love with this tattoo.

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    one in every crowd :expressionless:
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Tattoos just completely destroy the body God gave you. Horrible acts of self injury to our temple.

Then why did you even click on this thread to look at them? Go on about your day like nothing happened now while we enjoy the amazing art people have created.
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    b4vghkm5boq8.jpg

This is one of my 10. It's my favorite. The zodiac symbol in the middle of the wings was my husband's. I got it a couple months after we met. After he passed away last year, I added the wings and my pet name for him.
  • rowantb
    rowantb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tattoos just completely destroy the body God gave you. Horrible acts of self injury to our temple.

I just want to clarify firstly that I am in no way disregarding your religion or your beliefs here. If it comes off that way then it wasn't my intent and I'm truly sorry.

I'm just going to quote something that I found very interesting on this very point:

" First, the bible does not say modern day, non-ritualistic tattoos are wrong. Read Leviticus 19 in its entirety, and be aware of the context. Unless your tattoo is being done as part of a pagan ritual, you are doing nothing wrong by getting one.

People also love to proclaim “the body is a temple” and should be treated as such. Have you seen many temples? Temples are regularly highly decorated...

“But god made you perfect, and a tattoo is a desecration of god’s work.”

God made me with terrible vision and I chose to permanently alter my eyes by undergoing laser eye surgery. Should I be condemned for this as well? After all, I chose to make permanent changes to the perfect body I was born with.

Another point that I hardly see brought up is the fact that not everyone follows the same religion. Why should someone care about a misinterpreted, ancient law, printed in a religious book that they have no association with? If you want to avoid tattoos due to your own religious beliefs, that is fine. But don’t try to push those beliefs onto others who may not even be of the same faith."

The main point I take from this is your absolutely within your rights to have your own opinion and ideology about tattoos, but is it really worth commenting in such a negative manor towards others?

Love thy neighbour, it just so happens that your neighbours in this thread have made the decision to get inked :)
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    rowantb wrote: »

I just want to clarify firstly that I am in no way disregarding your religion or your beliefs here. If it comes off that way then it wasn't my intent and I'm truly sorry.

I'm just going to quote something that I found very interesting on this very point:

" First, the bible does not say modern day, non-ritualistic tattoos are wrong. Read Leviticus 19 in its entirety, and be aware of the context. Unless your tattoo is being done as part of a pagan ritual, you are doing nothing wrong by getting one.

People also love to proclaim “the body is a temple” and should be treated as such. Have you seen many temples? Temples are regularly highly decorated...

“But god made you perfect, and a tattoo is a desecration of god’s work.”

God made me with terrible vision and I chose to permanently alter my eyes by undergoing laser eye surgery. Should I be condemned for this as well? After all, I chose to make permanent changes to the perfect body I was born with.

Another point that I hardly see brought up is the fact that not everyone follows the same religion. Why should someone care about a misinterpreted, ancient law, printed in a religious book that they have no association with? If you want to avoid tattoos due to your own religious beliefs, that is fine. But don’t try to push those beliefs onto others who may not even be of the same faith."

The main point I take from this is your absolutely within your rights to have your own opinion and ideology about tattoos, but is it really worth commenting in such a negative manor towards others?

Love thy neighbour, it just so happens that your neighbours in this thread have made the decision to get inked :)

He has tattoos...lol
  • rowantb
    Options
    Hahaha my bad :wink:
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    chelsy0587 wrote: »

Then why did you even click on this thread to look at them? Go on about your day like nothing happened now while we enjoy the amazing art people have created.

newhere.gif
  • rowantb
    Options
    =) New Ink scheduled for Next Friday =)

Awesome! What're you getting?

Been getting the craving again recently but need to decide what to go for next first!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

newhere.gif

No, I just don't like it when people push their opinion on others. I know it happens, all the time... but today my filter must be down.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

newhere.gif

No, I just don't like it when people push their opinion on others. I know it happens, all the time... but today my filter must be down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/chrisskellinton/profile/chrisskellinton
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I Love getting Inked! To each his own! Don't Judge!!! If you don't approve, then don't get Tattooed!!!
    These are the only ones I can show. A Peace Dove, the Word "Peace" right below, then 1 Corinthians 13:13 followed by "GOD" then the names of all my Children and Grandchildren :) Will be adding my brand new Grandson here shortly and another Grandbaby due next February! :smiley:

I also have a very large Writing saying "Family" in Hebrew up my left side, and a very small butterfly on my hip!d1om3v83gvb3.jpg
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    x1fPJl.jpg

eE3cAy.jpg

MrMyVr.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures
  • rowantb
    Options
    Chris: Nice!! Post in here when they're done! :)
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I love ink!
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    Tribal-celtic-tattoos.jpg

this is what i want.