Any tips to help me ignore the good things in life - beer and chocolate?

Options

Replies

• tottie3912
    tottie3912 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love beer, even more than chocolate. But cannot stop at one or two (beers that is). Nor am I able to only indulge on the weekends. So I quit. Maybe someday I will regain the control I once had many years ago. But this is what I have to do right now. If it's not a prob for you, then fit it in.
  • emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Put a big sign on the front of your refrigerator with the following...Do I love the temporary feeling of beer and chocolate more than I do getting healthy, so that I can live a longer life?

Actually, I do love the temporary feeling of beer and chocolate more than I do getting healthy. I also like how (insert food here) tastes more than skinny feels.

If you have the self-control to actually use moderation (I don't), then do it. If not, don't.
  • brettb97
    brettb97 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips and advice guys, really appreciate. Friend me if you want. :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
  • jumpybeans
    jumpybeans Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love my beer as well! Unfortunately I was drinking it more out of boredom than enjoyment, and my one beer a day turned into three. Couple that with zero exercise and we all know that that means.

I fit it into my day if I want. If I'm going for a 10km rollerblade I know I can fit that beer in there. If I'm not exercising for whatever reason I'll go easy on my meals. Moderation is key.
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like wine. Chocolate I can take or leave.

I take an average over the week for my calories, basically I'm super good with a couple of fast days and exercise in the week, at the weekend I don't worry too much. Seems to work OK for me.
  • Stacey765
    Stacey765 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Put a big sign on the front of your refrigerator with the following...Do I love the temporary feeling of beer and chocolate more than I do getting healthy, so that I can live a longer life?

I don't think this would work for me - - pretty sure I would say "yes" every time :)

Seriously though, I buy my beer at Kroger where you don't have to buy a whole pack, you can mix and match for a 6 pack, or just buy one bottle. So that's what I do. If I don't, I have the one - then, really what's one more? After that? Well, crap I am over my calories for the day anyway, might as well have another... impulse control is not my friend :wink:

• KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I've lost my weight while still enjoying the stuff I love.. Just track it! I'm a beer and wine drinker, I just don't drink so much during the week, and track it all on the weekend.

I'm super excited and feel like I need to share my latest discovery for keeping my evening chocolate cravings under control, I have one of these guys!

Dark-and-Caramel-Sea-Salt-131026.jpg

Something about them being individually wrapped keeps me from eating more than one.
    Plus, only 70 calories, 7 g of sugar. Pretty darn good for a 'sweet' at the end of the day (when I typically crave one).
  • daveinreston
    daveinreston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For me, a chocolate-flavored protein powder mixed with water helps with the chocolate cravings and fills me up.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have food, scotch, wine and beer everyday and can lose weight. You need to eat in moderation and get out to run your *kitten* off on the same days. I run to enjoy running and enjoy life.
  • chrisfwood
    chrisfwood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can't say I crave either but since I was told not to drink anything I find I miss having a glass of something once or twice a month if at all most months, odd not having something when you can is fine when you can't it is annoying. So if you can fit them in then do so, as one bad day will not kill you just don't over do the bad days. Just kept thing mixed up, over do the exercise one day, over eat another, it is the average deficit that will lose the weight it does not have to be a fix constant it is just simpler to work out as a constant.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Weight loss begins in the grocery store.

If you don't buy it, you won't eat (or drink) it. :)
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yeah - energy and muscles (along with the occasional beer and chocolate) I like beer but now I only waste the calories on a damn good beer enjoyed slowly.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    brettb97 wrote: »
    I've a weak spot for these.....help!!!!

It's about learning to make choices and stick to them. If you are afraid that you can't make the choice to stop at one beer, only buy one beer for that day. Only buy one serving of chocolate, when you have the room in your calorie deficit that day.
    When you plan for it (say Friday night is coming up) and you know you want to have more than one, make room for those beers. have a few days in a row when your calories are shorter than your normal deficit. Then on Friday you can have several beers, because your weekly calorie budget allows for them. Planning ahead makes a lot of difference, and will relieve a lot of the stress you would normally feel about indulging in something that you enjoy.
  • ErinMartin31
    ErinMartin31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Find a girlfriend lol
  • brettb97
    Options
    Yeah - energy and muscles (along with the occasional beer and chocolate) I like beer but now I only waste the calories on a damn good beer enjoyed slowly.

Damn good beer! :)
  • brettb97
    Options
    Find a girlfriend lol

Short, concise, too the point ;)
  • brettb97
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Fit them into your day if you want them. I lost all my weight while enjoying the foods I love in moderation

Good point
  • brettb97
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Have some once in awhile. Make it fit into your calorie goal.

Will do
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change .... all things in moderation .....