Maintaining goal weight

Options
Hi, just wondered if anyone has any tips on how to eat well while maintaining rather than continuing to loose.
I am finding it hard to eat enough calories now that this app has adjusted my intake since reaching my goal. Thanks in advance x

Replies

• rod195
    rod195 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wondered if anyone has any tips on how to eat well while maintaining rather than continuing to loose.
    I am finding it hard to eat enough calories now that this app has adjusted my intake since reaching my goal. Thanks in advance x

Being in maintenance is just another leg on the journey. Continue to weigh your solid foods and count your calories, just meeting your calorie goal for maintenance now, rather than a deficit for loss. Eat the same things, just larger portions, for more calories. have dessert.
    Full-fat dairy is a good way to add calories, Cook with olive oil when you fry things.
    some people like to add a protein shake after a workout, using whey protein powder, adding things like peanut butter, fruit, yogurt, and other things for flavor. an easy way to add calories.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    The best way to reach maintenance calories is by increasing your daily calories with a 100 extra calories for a week or two.
    Just keep slowly increasing untill you reach maintenance calories.
    Since you've been in defecit for a while the slow increase will help your body adjust.
    Warning: in the beginning your weight will likely increase. This is a combination of extra food in your body, increased water weight and glycocen. Totally natural and will eventually come off again.
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ^^ I am approaching maintenance, && I didn't like reading that... Thinking I should make my goal 5 lbs below what I want it for my goal weight :/ I appreciate reading your post nonetheless!

I wldnt want any surprises while I'm at my goal. lol
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I sometimes find it hard to understand how the same person who became overweight now can't eat enough to maintain a lesser weight.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    _onebeauty wrote: »
    ^^ I am approaching maintenance, && I didn't like reading that... Thinking I should make my goal 5 lbs below what I want it for my goal weight :/ I appreciate reading your post nonetheless!

It is a temporarily effect. You are eating more so you literally have more weight in your body from food.
    It is all natural fluctuations. Don't get scared. I can't imagine it being anywhere near 5 pounds.
    That is also the reason to slowly up your calories. You gain a little weight for a few days and lose it again once your body adjusts.
    Upping your callories in one go would be way scarier since you'd suddenly gain a pound. Take it slow, don't overthink.

Keep in mind that maintenance is always a range. Your weight will fluctuate daily. Don't let the scale freak you out.

• traceyelliott386
    traceyelliott386 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    rod195 wrote: »
    I have the same problem

I feel so bloated now I'm trying to eat more!

• traceyelliott386
    Options
    Eat snacks if you weren't before. Eat the same things, but larger portions. Eat more calorie dense things...add avocado, sunflower seeds and cheese to your salads. Peanut butter, nuts, oils, tuna in oil instead of water, full fat salad dressings/yogurts.... It's easy to add more calories.

Thanks so much for your helpful reply
  • traceyelliott386
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Being in maintenance is just another leg on the journey. Continue to weigh your solid foods and count your calories, just meeting your calorie goal for maintenance now, rather than a deficit for loss. Eat the same things, just larger portions, for more calories. have dessert.
    Full-fat dairy is a good way to add calories, Cook with olive oil when you fry things.
    some people like to add a protein shake after a workout, using whey protein powder, adding things like peanut butter, fruit, yogurt, and other things for flavor. an easy way to add calories.

Thanks for your reply-Very good advice
  • traceyelliott386
    Options
    _onebeauty wrote: »

I'm sorry, didn't mean it to sound so negative. Well done for being near your goal
  • traceyelliott386
    Options
    I sometimes find it hard to understand how the same person who became overweight now can't eat enough to maintain a lesser weight.

I wasn't really over weight at 9.4 but felt uncomfortable & sluggish so wanted to lose 6lbs.
    I was really pleased when it came off so easily using this app but have got so used to eating a certain quantity/variety of food now that I'm finding it hard to eat enough of the right foods without feeling bloated & over full.
    I do some sort of workout every day too which is obviously increasing the quantity of food I can consume.
    I don't want to lose any more weight & am being criticised for it but am finding it difficult.
  • traceyelliott386
    Options